Mel Gibson Driven a Nutsa By Tranquil...

Mel Gibson Driven a Nutsa By Tranquilizers

There are 58 comments on the The Superficial story from Aug 3, 2010, titled Mel Gibson Driven a Nutsa By Tranquilizers. In it, The Superficial reports that:

Mel Gibson allegedly wrote an e-mail to Oksana Grigorieva blaming "tranquilizers" for allegedly punching her in the mouth while she was holding their infant daughter.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Superficial.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#1 Aug 4, 2010
Dang! Even tranquilizers are not enough to calm Mad Mel down. Maybe some mental help might be in order. A psychologist perhaps?

I hope he can one day very soon begin to conquer his demons. I think it will make his life much easier and more enjoyable.

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#2 Aug 4, 2010
I do not know if or what type of prescription medication Mel is taking , but if he is, I was doing some research on some tranquilizer (sedative) meds. If he is, I wonder what he is prescribed and taking. Also, has he told his doctor it makes him "nuts?"

Interesting on this one. Long term use can lead to increased agitation.

Life Risks
Tranquilizers are particularly dangerous in combination with other depressants, such as alcohol or barbiturates, because they magnify each other's effects. In some rare instances, tranquilizers may produce a so-called "paradoxical effect," leading to increased anxiety and agitation. Paradoxical reactions may be more common among children and the elderly. Long-term use of some of these drugs has been associated with increased aggressivity and significant depression. Tranquilizer use may be associated with memory problems and cerebral atrophy (brain shrinkage).
http://www.egetgoing.com/drug_rehab/tranquili...
__________

Maybe the medication Mel was/is taking is having a paradoxical effect on him. Instead of calming him down, it makes him more aggressive. Is he taking it for insomnia? Alcohol withdrawal?

2001: A British study reported an “increase in hostility and aggression may be reported by patients taking benzodiazepines. The effects range from talkativeness and excitement to aggressive and antisocial acts.”92

February 2001: Cases of “baby-battering,” wife-beating and “grandmother-bashing” were attributed to benzodiazepines by a British professor, C. Heather Ashton.93
http://scientologyagainstdrugs.wordpress.com/...
__________

Very interesting since Mel seems to fit in some of these categories. Delusion (thinking he owned Malibu and Oksana), loss of sense of reality (bat or shovel against the head, bury in rose garden), aggressive behavior, bizarre behavior, decreased inhibition, or outbursts of anger (the tapes). Poor, poor Mel. What hell he must be going through within.

Rare: Abnormal thinking, including disorientation, delusions (holding false beliefs that cannot be changed by facts), or loss of sense of reality; agitation; behavior changes, including aggressive behavior, bizarre behavior, decreased inhibition, or outbursts of anger; convulsions (seizures); hallucinations (seeing, hearing, or feeling things that are not there); hypotension (low blood pressure); muscle weakness; skin rash or itching; sore throat, fever, and chills; trouble in sleeping; ulcers or sores in mouth or throat (continuing); uncontrolled movements of body, including the eyes; unusual bleeding or bruising; unusual excitement, nervousness, or irritability; unusual tiredness or weakness (severe); yellow eyes or sking.
http://bipolar.about.com/cs/sfx/a/sfx_ativan....
Ely

Russia

#4 Aug 4, 2010
All of us perfectly remember, in what has resulted their thoughtless use of tranquilizers by the personal doctor mr. Michael Jackson.
I have a recipe of use of so-called tranquilizers or demulcents. There was time when without them I could not manage. But never I adhered to the recipe. If registered 3 tablets "Nozepam" I used only half one tablets in day and only in the mornings until while my organism itself did not refuse. On it it was required no more than one month. Every day it seemed to me that the sea knee-deep and mountains on a shoulder. And any accustoming. As a whole packing from 50 pieces me sufficed for 1 year. It has helped me. But when there was again a nervousness, and tablets have ended, it wanted to me to address for the recipe to the doctor. But I have stopped myself and have thought of what means could improve the condition. I have time to listen to the organism. I have ceased to use a hot pepper, mustard in food, began to eat more fruit (by the way the use of apples takes off weariness, and the use of 3-5 apple stones in day reduces risk of disease by a cancer), to visit daily (necessarily daily) pool and to swim without a stop not less than 1 hour, to sleep not less than 9-10 hours and to look on TV only programs without violence. The result has not kept itself waiting. Now, thank God, I feel that I am in the best form.
I agree that there are organic cases when it seems that chemical preparations - a unique way to avoid problems. Believe, it not so. Our organism is updated every instant. And if we say to ourselves that our life is in our own hands that we are still strong and we do not require the extreme help we are capable to turn mountains. And then we will be surprised still, whence at us on it forces undertook and as we are great in the small feat.

Since: Feb 10

Location hidden

#5 Aug 4, 2010
FRO 1 MILLION TIME THE MESSAGE ARE FROM FEBRUARY 18 2010 THE THING OCCURED IN JANAURY 6

SECODN OKSNA IS A MWBER OF A GANGSTER ORGANISATION , MUSLIM TATAR, WAS FORMED AS PROTITUTE FOR THEM IN RUSSINA AND IS PAERT OFTHEIR RESEAU, REDGRAVE WHO DATED DALTON FOR 15 EYARS SUPORTED FINANCIAL THE CHJEIF OF THE CHECHEN RESISTANCE GROUPE, AND WHO IS MUSLIM, OKSA WAS INTRODUCE OT DALTON BY MICKAL WHO IS RUSSIAN MUSLIM TOO, AND SHE WORK FOR THE ORGANISED MAFIA RUSSIAN IN LA SINCE years.

all waht oyu tlak about is bolock htere was never any incident

all her pics are form botox injection and any do ccan see it.

alll tapes are docterd there is no porvves why od oyu kjepp tlaking abouta crime who was never comited?
if there was any proves mel gibson will have been arrested but there is no provrees dont oyu get it?

the message about tranquiliser is a fake and any email can easily be fake its owrse with text messaging.

you are so ignorant go at TMZ and read the comments there instead.
btw oksana is posting comments at tmz too-

Since: Feb 10

Location hidden

#6 Aug 4, 2010
"Detectives are also pursuing medical records that would verify the level of injury Grigorieva claimed in the days after the incident, according to sources. Some of the evidence in the case is on a cellphone Grigorieva used; sheriff’s officials have brought in the department's top expert on extracting and reviewing that type of information.

Investigators are particularly interested in text and e-mails between the couple, according to one of the sources."

THIS ARTICLE IS SEVERAL WEEKS OLD AND I HAVE ALREADY PSOTED IT HERE SEVERLA WEEKS AGO BUT OYU DONT SEEMS OT HAVE SEEN IT SO BUSY YOU ARE TO DO A DESINFORMATION CAMPAIGN BASED ON OYUR IGNORANCE OF FACTS...

THE POLICE IS LOKING ON MEDIACLA RECORDS BECAUSE THEY HAVE DROPED THE TAPES AS BEING UNRILEABLE BECAUSE TOO HEAVILY DOCTORED, AND THEY HAVE ALSO DROPED THE PICS AS THEY ARE FAULSE AND PHOTOSHOPED..

AND ALL TESTIMONIES FORM OKSA ARE CONTRADICTORY AND SHE HAS ARRANGED THEM ANDCHANGE THEM AND ADD NEW STUFFF EVERY DAY SO THEY CANNOT TRUST 'EHR DECLARATIONS.

by medical records they laos mean plastic surgery treaments.. like injection of botox and the alike.

so far they foud nothing at all that porve that a crime was comited
linda k

AOL

#7 Aug 4, 2010
to madfafi.......thanks for the sources....and thanks ely to your personal story........i think what i had read was that he was taking hgb......animal tranq......by his polish friend. it would be strange that he would take this risk as it is deadly........if he was going to a therapist, they certainly would not tell him to stop his tranq.....or they would change them if they were causing such an emotional response.......they ususally taper, taking less of the old drug, with the new drug, and then stop the old drug after a couple of weeks......no source as usual oly, so no response.
Babe

Madison Heights, MI

#9 Aug 4, 2010
Animal tranq? lol..I guess next it will be he needs vigara. Leave this poor man alone.
LLA

Buffalo Grove, IL

#10 Aug 4, 2010
If Mel is suffering from a mental health disorder, wouldn't the tranquilizers have a different effect on him than someone who does not have a mental health disorder?

Being in Hollywood and all the 'yes' people these guys are surrounded with, I wonder if Mel was taking something that didn't work with an illness.

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#11 Aug 4, 2010
linda k wrote:
to madfafi.......thanks for the sources....and thanks ely to your personal story........i think what i had read was that he was taking hgb......animal tranq......by his polish friend. it would be strange that he would take this risk as it is deadly........if he was going to a therapist, they certainly would not tell him to stop his tranq.....or they would change them if they were causing such an emotional response.......they ususally taper, taking less of the old drug, with the new drug, and then stop the old drug after a couple of weeks......no source as usual oly, so no response.
You're welcome. I thought it was good information to know, given the small tidbits of "news" we receive.

I would question whether Mel let his therapist know he was having adverse effects from whatever medication he was taking. Ego being what it is, maybe he was embarrassed to tell the doctor he was having ill effects from it.

We know that 1- Mel is an alcoholic. If he is no longer drinking, was he prescribed medication to help wean him off of it?

Second, does he suffer from insomnia (one tape he says "If I can't sleep, you shouldn't either"). Was he given a tranq to help him sleep? Maybe he should try Calms Forte`, a natural sleeping aid. Or Melatonin.

Third, he "rages" so was he given an anti anxiety medication?

Fourth, is it a BiPolar medication?

Nothing definitive, other than he is an alcoholic and has anger issues, according to Mel himself. Whatever it is, I hope he can get the help he needs to be healthy, mentally and physically.

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#12 Aug 4, 2010
LLA wrote:
If Mel is suffering from a mental health disorder, wouldn't the tranquilizers have a different effect on him than someone who does not have a mental health disorder?
Being in Hollywood and all the 'yes' people these guys are surrounded with, I wonder if Mel was taking something that didn't work with an illness.
In one of the links I provided above, long term use of tranqs can have a paradoxical effect from the tranquilizer. What is supposed to calm him only does the opposite and becomes more agitated.

It could be he is taking more than one medication and it is counteracting each other. I do not know, but I think it is worth a discussion. I doubt his medical records will be released, but then we never really know because info is leaked when least expected. Just ask Mel. haha
linda k

AOL

#13 Aug 5, 2010
you're right madrafi........you have to have the right chemical key......some forms of mental illness, or disorders, respond entirely differently to a drug that may be prescribed...some can send people over the edge, while sedate others.....heck i have had insominia with this surgery, ambien is like candy. i have used the calms forte myself, but with mel's manic, i think it would be not strong enough...he definitely needs to be checked in and reevaluated, but not sure he would do that...i wish for his sake he would get himself straightened out...for being mel's ardent supporters, oly and mel fan, are only obsessed with oks, not his mental condition or how he is doing........
Tom Hoffman

Ambler, PA

#14 Aug 5, 2010
I wrote this to the mis informed Nici Nash: To Nici:
I overheard your comments regarding Mel Gibson this week regarding his claims of taking sedatives which had an adverse affect on his behavior. Nici, you claimed it was all a lie as sedatives always calm a person down. Please do some research. There is a large minority that upon which medications like Xanax, Klonopin, & other "sedatives" have the reverse affect. In my fiance, they cause extreme panic for example. Other people (especially if they had some spirits), will become suicidal or violent. God knows what they gave Micheal Jackson or Mel Gibson - but the mental health industry is very poor & doctors get cash for proscribing & pushing these meds.

Mel every married man has had some whopper fights like yours. If sedatives were taken, especially with even a glass of wine - the effect can be devistating. Sorry she was intending to use this as media amunition. Know that 200 years from now they will look back & recall that Mel Gibson changed a generation for the better with his art. From Shakespear to the Passion, you have some real masterpieces out there. Don't lose sight of this perspective. I believe in YOU buddy!- Tom Hoffman
Mel Gibson Fan

Madison Heights, MI

#15 Aug 5, 2010
Tom Hoffman wrote:
I wrote this to the mis informed Nici Nash: To Nici:
I overheard your comments regarding Mel Gibson this week regarding his claims of taking sedatives which had an adverse affect on his behavior. Nici, you claimed it was all a lie as sedatives always calm a person down. Please do some research. There is a large minority that upon which medications like Xanax, Klonopin, & other "sedatives" have the reverse affect. In my fiance, they cause extreme panic for example. Other people (especially if they had some spirits), will become suicidal or violent. God knows what they gave Micheal Jackson or Mel Gibson - but the mental health industry is very poor & doctors get cash for proscribing & pushing these meds.
Mel every married man has had some whopper fights like yours. If sedatives were taken, especially with even a glass of wine - the effect can be devistating. Sorry she was intending to use this as media amunition. Know that 200 years from now they will look back & recall that Mel Gibson changed a generation for the better with his art. From Shakespear to the Passion, you have some real masterpieces out there. Don't lose sight of this perspective. I believe in YOU buddy!- Tom Hoffman
Michale Jackson's "so called doctor" should have known better than to give Michael sleeping meds at his home. I mean the same as you take to go into deep sleep for an operation! This should be giving in the hospital setting, not at his house, and I would think this type of medicine should be used on people that is going in to be operated on.

As for Mel, I don't think Mel is a nut case, and has to be put on all kinds of meds. I think his biggest problem is putting up and dealing with other people. If people can drive ya wanna drink, they can drive ya nuts too.

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#16 Aug 5, 2010
Mel Gibson Fan wrote:
<quoted text>
Michale Jackson's "so called doctor" should have known better than to give Michael sleeping meds at his home. I mean the same as you take to go into deep sleep for an operation! This should be giving in the hospital setting, not at his house, and I would think this type of medicine should be used on people that is going in to be operated on.
As for Mel, I don't think Mel is a nut case, and has to be put on all kinds of meds. I think his biggest problem is putting up and dealing with other people. If people can drive ya wanna drink, they can drive ya nuts too.
You think? I suppose all your thoughts are right on target, huh?

Guess what? Mel is BiPolar. That does not make him nuts, but it shows he has a mental illness he has yet to learn how control.

True, people can drive you nuts. I know you drive me nuts. I will not threaten to kill you over it though.

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#17 Aug 5, 2010
I wonder how well hypnosis will work for Mel? I think he may need ongoing sessions, not just a few.

Interesting comments by psychiatrists.

On the nature of Mel's explosive outbursts, Dr. Carole Lieberman, M.D., psychiatrist, told PopEater: "Mel is driven by his sexual frustration, fear of abandonment and disillusionment at the realization that Oksana doesn't love him, but is merely a gold-digger."

"When someone is recorded issuing death threats and vulgarity to describe the mother of his child, he needs help," forensic psychiatrist and MD Keith Ablow told PopEater's Rob Shuter. "The man on those tapes is full of rage, psychologically disordered and dangerous. He needs immediate psychiatric intervention and comprehensive treatment for years to come."

http://www.popeater.com/2010/08/05/mel-gibson...

Since: Feb 10

Location hidden

#18 Aug 5, 2010
Mel Gibson Fan wrote:
<quoted text>
Michale Jackson's "so called doctor" should have known better than to give Michael sleeping meds at his home. I mean the same as you take to go into deep sleep for an operation! This should be giving in the hospital setting, not at his house, and I would think this type of medicine should be used on people that is going in to be operated on.
As for Mel, I don't think Mel is a nut case, and has to be put on all kinds of meds. I think his biggest problem is putting up and dealing with other people. If people can drive ya wanna drink, they can drive ya nuts too.
waht?

HELLO AHOLE

I CAN SEE THAT OYU HAVE HOURS ABND HOURS FREE TO TLAK OF BS ALL THE ITME. OF COUSE HE IS A TOTLA NUTCASE.HOW ELSE OD YOU EXPLAIN WHAT OYU ARE DOING HERE?

NPO ITS OTHER PEOPLE BIGGEST PROBLEM TO HAVE OT PUT UP WIHT HIM.
SINCE THE MF DONT GIVE A FLYING F ABOUT ANYBODY ELSE BUT HMSELF.
Babe

Madison Heights, MI

#19 Aug 5, 2010
MadRafi wrote:
Dang! Even tranquilizers are not enough to calm Mad Mel down. Maybe some mental help might be in order. A psychologist perhaps?
I hope he can one day very soon begin to conquer his demons. I think it will make his life much easier and more enjoyable.
Yeah, WOW! If tranquilizers wouldn't calm him down. I guess him being good in bed was true then. lol

Since: Feb 10

Location hidden

#20 Aug 5, 2010
Babe wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, WOW! If tranquilizers wouldn't calm him down. I guess him being good in bed was true then. lol
he is good at sucking hmself now he has ot nbobody wantsot touch him!

and oyu better stop doing this i want to pulverise you!"

you stoip this you are a comnpeltely egoisist and ungratefull demonbrat!

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#21 Aug 5, 2010
linda k wrote:
you're right madrafi........you have to have the right chemical key......some forms of mental illness, or disorders, respond entirely differently to a drug that may be prescribed...some can send people over the edge, while sedate others.....heck i have had insominia with this surgery, ambien is like candy. i have used the calms forte myself, but with mel's manic, i think it would be not strong enough...he definitely needs to be checked in and reevaluated, but not sure he would do that...i wish for his sake he would get himself straightened out...for being mel's ardent supporters, oly and mel fan, are only obsessed with oks, not his mental condition or how he is doing........
I, also, hope Mel can the proper medical treatment he needs. I wonder what kind of work up they have done with him? I wonder if he has had a complete workup since Robyn filed for divorce? Such an emotional or "traumatic" change can surely set the chemical imbalance in further askew.

I also tried the Calms Forte years ago. It did not work so well for me. Melatonin did for a while, but I have been using Valerian Root tea and that seems to work well, if I remember to make it at night. Duh. Bedtime Tea also has Valerian root in it. Mel might have to try a few different things to find what works for him, but I wonder if he is trying to find a solution for his insomnia?

As for those other two, I have no explanation other than they find this board as their playground. Given we are dealing with Domestic Violence and Child Custody issues, I do not always appreciate their games and immaturity. Oh well. I can only control how I respond or behave, not anyone else.
linda k

AOL

#22 Aug 6, 2010
just read that oks pulled out of the 20 million deal with mel because he was supposed to go and be evaluated for his behavior problems before he could have lucia on a custody agreement...which he didn't.....of course...but alas, she did sign the agreement...and mel didn't go, and the rest is in the forums

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lethal Weapon Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Mel Gibson's Remarks In The Spotlight After Arrest (Jul '06) Jan '18 Claud Anderson Is... 78
News Jewish Cop Busted Mel Gibson (Aug '06) Mar '17 Bob Masters 392
News Mel Gibson apologizes for drunk driving (Jul '06) Mar '17 Hillary Vomit 35
News Hotel demolition: Colony Plaza Hotel meets its ... (May '09) Oct '14 PPP 24
News Danny Glover supports Unifor (Sep '14) Sep '14 screwed again by ... 1
News Horror fans can get their scream on this weekend (Mar '13) Mar '13 abc321 3
News Mel Gibson: Love him or hate him, but you cana ... (Jan '10) Feb '13 Fan of Mel 60