`Avatar' is close to making history

`Avatar' is close to making history

There are 2 comments on the Long Beach Press-Telegram story from Jan 24, 2010, titled `Avatar' is close to making history. In it, Long Beach Press-Telegram reports that:

James Cameron's "Avatar" is on a course to sink "Titanic" at the box office. No. 1 for the sixth-straight weekend with $36 million, the 20th Century Fox sci-fi spectacle lifted its domestic total to $552.8 million, according to studio estimates Sunday.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Long Beach Press-Telegram.

LongBeachLove

Long Beach, CA

#1 Jan 25, 2010
Just seen Avatar last night. It was good, but not great. I dont get the hype, and for sure dont think it's better than Star Wars, E.T.,Titanic or any others who are currently holding top spots. It was good, but thats it!!!!!!!
honu

Long Beach, CA

#2 Jan 25, 2010
There's no history being made here, this movie is doing well at the box office, but don't equate dollars taken in with attendance.

Movie prices have increased beyond belief and when the inflation of ticket prices are factored in, Avatar drops in the standings significantly. It's still a big money maker, but hardly what the Hollywood media would have us believe.

This hype is just another marketing tool...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Legion Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News What's new & noteworthy on DVD & Blu-ray - "... (Dec '14) Dec '14 Belle Sexton 1
News Movie Review | Priest: Star-director combo's be... (May '11) May '11 dallas daniel hes... 1
News First Official Tourist Trailer Has Johnny Depp ... (Sep '10) Sep '10 DeppHeadKC 1
News Hawaii's Back Yard: Actor's vision drives Big I... (May '10) May '10 Robert 1
News Legion Leaves Biblical Truth Behind (May '10) May '10 What 1
News `Avatar' Becomes First Movie to Pass $2 Billion... (Feb '10) Feb '10 Samson 1
News 'Avatar' tops box office for sixth-straight week (Jan '10) Jan '10 Agreeee 3