Pluperfect PDAs

Pluperfect PDAs

There are 1 comment on the Hilobrow story from Dec 29, 2009, titled Pluperfect PDAs. In it, Hilobrow reports that:

Det. Lt. Mark McPherson checks his PDA while interrogating Waldo Lydecker about the murder of Laura Hunt .

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hilobrow.

Buzz Baker

Minneapolis, MN

#1 Feb 13, 2010
I recall those little games. The metaphor in "Laura" was that the Dana Andrews detective character was trying to solve the little game and finally does when the movie is over.

This was Clifton Webb's big movie break. Before this he had a spectacular career starring in Broadway musicals and theater. And he introduced several memorable hit songs. Those include "Easter Parade," "I've Got Crush on You," and "I Guess I'll Have to Change My Plans." Those are just a few.

He also starred in two notable Noel Coward plays: "Blithe Spirit" and "Present Laughter."

He was incomparable in "Laura." As the foppish heavy he had had all the good lines.

He played a purely heavy villain in several other movies. You'd never think he was the same actor.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Laura Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Slouching Towards Hollywood: Detectives, romanc... (Jun '11) Jun '11 Caroline 1
News Vintage Hunk: Dana Andrews (Apr '11) Apr '11 Kelly 1
News Top Ten Songs Beginning With L (Jul '09) Jul '09 Taurean Rager 1
More from around the web