Universal Orlando faces cash squeeze next year if it can't refi...

Movies by director Steven Spielberg have inspired big attractions at Universal Orlando, including Jurassic Park River Adventure in Islands of Adventure. Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
DriveBy Poster

United States

#24 Apr 8, 2009
Robert Viands wrote:
CBS sold off Paramount parks. Cedar Fair was dumb enough to buy them. Now In-Bev wants to sell off the Busch parks. A foreign company screwing up something that was once good, I no longer drink Busch beer.
How did InBev ruin the Busch park(s)?

(BTW, good decision on not drinking Busch beer anymore - a very healthy decision to cut back on beer.)
Bobller

Palm Coast, FL

#25 Apr 8, 2009
Robert Viands wrote:
Karma's a bummer when they're banning 25k people a year telling them to stay away. No one will be left to visit, even with the new coaster and HP land.
I love people who make up "facts." Sounds as if you broke the rules at HH nights and are just angry at UO. Take a pill. The touristas have no clue about the crime rates in Orlando. Nor do they need to... the major parks are nowhere near the high crime areas.
2Smart2BuyNow

Orlando, FL

#26 Apr 8, 2009
You are all missing the point! If they have to sell off a portion of the park to pay the loan, then just think of the REAL ESTATE potential!! We could build condo-hotels! Or maybe a gated community of time-share yurts! We'll all be rich! Filthy, arrogant and totally devoid of common sense or decent manners RICH! Teepees! Digital teepees with big screen TVs!! And stainless appliances and granite countertops!! With a retention pond 'lake' and a fountain! And skyrocketing HOA fees! And rampant foreclosures! WooHoo!!
Kilroy

Boca Raton, FL

#27 Apr 8, 2009
Maybe Disney will buy it and raise prices and declare children 10 as ADULTS and pay full price.... raise the price of the hotels so only the upper crust elite can afford to stay there... then pay your ceo millions while claiming your a family park.
DriveBy Poster

United States

#28 Apr 9, 2009
Kilroy wrote:
then pay your ceo millions while claiming your a family park.
The fact that you seem to think those two things are incompatible and contradictory, despite having nothing to do with each other, illustrates just how ridiculous your complaints about Disney really are.
What the

Winter Springs, FL

#29 Apr 9, 2009
This resort has seemingly always been in trouble, financially, since it opened. Maybe if they increased their guest relations; stopped hiring Disney reject employees, put more original attractions in like Spider Man and not Disney rip-off attractions like half of what they have already; and remarketed themselves instead of being on the defensive as they have been for a decade-maybe then more people would go there thus increasing their profits. I don't see it happening, though.
neighbor

Redwood City, CA

#30 Apr 9, 2009
Universal parks suffer from being too edgy for families to relax and have a good time. Everywhere you turn there is a creepy vision, an edgy attitude, a horror or disaster looming. Irritating noise pervades the parks. Why return to a place that makes you feel uncomfortable all day long?

If they want families to come back, they need to stop trying to shock and surprise at every turn. Make it a place where multigeneration families feel good bringing their children, relatives, friends and neighbors. Stop making people jump out of their skins every day - save it for Halloween Horror nights. Bring back the artists and musicians, and make comfortable places to rest and watch old movie clips - good family movie clips - while enjoying a light beverage and dessert.

After you have been shocked and creeped out so many times, it gets old and irritating. Enough is enough - they need to rethink their entire theme if they want people to come back.
FloridaGirl

Orlando, FL

#32 Apr 9, 2009
This article proves that Universal is smarter than the bigger, meaner theme park: By letting the marketplace know there is a credit crunch now, when they lay off >50 people, they are excused under the WARN Act as having to give 6-month notice. "Economic strife" is THE valid reason to avoid giving proper notice. There was an article last week that the mousters laid off >1000 without any notice, citing each separate location as its own business as their excuse for not having to give notice (I don't believe that is true but they can lie to see if it floats, no harm in that).

Interesting times. How are we going to survive, living under some new government holding us at the point of our own guns, using our slave labor to enrich their country as they move their masses onto our fertile soils to live in our homes?
Spoonman

Orlando, FL

#33 Apr 9, 2009
"Now In-Bev wants to sell off the Busch parks. A foreign company screwing up something that was once good, I no longer drink Busch beer."

Maybe the beer will actually be better.
Robert Viands

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#34 Apr 13, 2009
To answer the posters up above, In-Bev wants nothing to do with the parks, none. Yet that's a big reason many people visit. The Busch parks are kept clean, and the rides are great, but that's going to change once they're sold off. Don't expect any new rides in the future. In-Bev wants to sell off the Busch Parks and only worry about the beer. It wouldn't surprise me if they stop the sports sponsorships, and get rid of the Clydesdale's. All that stuff has nothing to do with beer. People will continue buying Bud because it tastes so great, yeah, that's it.

In-Bev has already changed the hospitality centers to have no more free beer. Why? Because they think it will make the image of the parks better to sell to a potential buyer.

The tourists of UO may not know about the crime rate, but I'm getting the word out there about it. 25k people a year is a lot to ban, and those people tell others, who tell others, and so on. Orlando has a horrible crime rate because the cops are at UO writing trespass warnings, malls, universities, where they don't have to get involved with real crime. It does matter because tourists visit places like I-Drive and that's where criminals can do smash and grabs out of cars parked at those hotels and restaurants.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jurassic Park Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Jeff Goldbluma s bizarre new lightbulb ad Oct '14 Kid_Tomorrow 7
Steven Spielberg 'dinosaur hunter' photo goes v... Jul '14 An Adorable Kitten 8
Beyonce, Clooney, Spielberg: What The Celebs Ar... (Nov '08) Apr '14 Responsibility 14
BBC News - Madonna is highest-earning celebrity (Aug '13) Sep '13 Control 5
Jeff Goldblum Has 'Criminal Intent' - Chris Not... (Jun '08) May '13 Shari 66
Jurassic Park IV: something has survived (and i... (Oct '12) Oct '12 JMD577 1
WTF: Billionaire Rumored to Be Planning Real-Li... (Aug '12) Aug '12 Sylvilagus aquaticus 12

Jurassic Park People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE