No budget. Yes to furloughs.

No budget. Yes to furloughs.

There are 16 comments on the Inland Valley Daily Bulletin story from Aug 19, 2010, titled No budget. Yes to furloughs.. In it, Inland Valley Daily Bulletin reports that:

With the state budget more than 50 days late, Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger has ordered furloughs to resume today.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Inland Valley Daily Bulletin.

Since: May 10

Ontario, CA

#1 Aug 20, 2010
Yawn. Once again the Legislature is unable to do what it is supposed to do.
Kim

Chino, CA

#2 Aug 20, 2010
How about everybody in CA "furlough" their quarterly tax payments?
Rufus T Firefly

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

#3 Aug 20, 2010
"California remains the only state without a passed budget this year, with pension reform as one of the sticking points in closing a $19 billion deficit."

Hey California, we must push for a state legislature that only works part time just like the state of Texas. Both the assembly and senate do more to waste time and money that does not belong to them.
hunkie boy

Rialto, CA

#4 Aug 20, 2010
i don't like seeing people taking days off at no pay, however the DMV is a pathetic disaster! need to hire the same young energetic, pretty, bi lingual,spunky girls that work health clubs and the banks.
The real Mike C

Woodland Hills, CA

#5 Aug 20, 2010
Its bout time they did. Why im my days we used to just sit around and get paid for doin nuttin. They are cutting into my retireemnt
My Opinion

Moreno Valley, CA

#6 Aug 20, 2010
My understanding is that the DMV is the #1 revenue maker for the state. Why would they furlough the one department that is bringing in money for the state? I would think the state needs more money so they can fight over how to waist it. Don't punish the citizens that need to use one of the busiest state departments or the businesses that loose money from it being closed. And while I'm at it... why punish state employee's... punish the ones not getting the budget passed. Fine them $1000 a day its not passed and I bet they will have it done weeks before its even due.
TLK

San Bernardino, CA

#7 Aug 20, 2010
Rufus T Firefly wrote:
"California remains the only state without a passed budget this year, with pension reform as one of the sticking points in closing a $19 billion deficit."
Hey California, we must push for a state legislature that only works part time just like the state of Texas. Both the assembly and senate do more to waste time and money that does not belong to them.
I think we should push for a part-time legislature! Maybe then some work will get done!
wobbles

Victorville, CA

#8 Aug 20, 2010
We need a ballot initiative that says legislators will not be neither paid nor issued IOU's when there is no budget in place. Make it hurt there pocket books instead of state workers and the taxpayers and you'll see them work harder I bet.
Nobama

Rimforest, CA

#9 Aug 20, 2010
When is WELFARE FURLOUGH FRIDAY!
Professor Wang

Woodland Hills, CA

#10 Aug 20, 2010
Nobama wrote:
When is WELFARE FURLOUGH FRIDAY!
You have to have at least one illegal kid and smoke meth to qualify
Molester

Beaumont, CA

#11 Aug 20, 2010
Lay off all State employee's they are worthles POS.
Willy Sutton

Diamond Bar, CA

#12 Aug 20, 2010
I suppose a slow death is better than having them collect unemployment. If only the furloughs could be 4 days a week, all would be fine.
pissed

Colton, CA

#13 Aug 20, 2010
hunkie boy wrote:
i don't like seeing people taking days off at no pay, however the DMV is a pathetic disaster! need to hire the same young energetic, pretty, bi lingual,spunky girls that work health clubs and the banks.
Why do they have to hire bilingual people? last time i check the United States language is English. We should not have to learn another language for these people that come here. They need to learn our language and if they dont then they need to go back home.
Agree

Colton, CA

#14 Aug 20, 2010
wobbles wrote:
We need a ballot initiative that says legislators will not be neither paid nor issued IOU's when there is no budget in place. Make it hurt there pocket books instead of state workers and the taxpayers and you'll see them work harder I bet.
I soooo agree with you. If they dont have a budget passed by July 1st then they dont get paid and lose all the extra's. they always want to hit our pocket books not theirs. if they had to lose money then they would do what they need to do. I think that in november we should vote all of them out and start over. Get rid of the people that dont doo crap but take our tax money!!!!!!!!!!
Kim

Chino, CA

#15 Aug 21, 2010
Wobbles has an excellent idea!

Since: May 10

Ontario, CA

#16 Aug 22, 2010
We also need to cap public pensions to no more than $100,000 per year.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Junior Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Abuse Industry Paves the Royal Road to the Welf... (Jan '11) Jan '11 will Palin be next 1
News More Californians reverse course and head to Ok... (Oct '10) Oct '10 Karl Schneider 1
News Settlement reached in aftermath of Poe fire (Sep '10) Sep '10 Dad of 17 3
News Pomona boy helps light state Capitol's tree (Dec '09) Dec '09 Pike 2
News Big crowd opposes school cuts (Mar '09) Mar '09 clueless 27
News LBUSD may seek waivers (Dec '08) Dec '08 Parent 4
News Sisters challenge other students to donate hair... (May '08) May '08 Ashley 2
More from around the web