Luminaries Attend Heston's Funeral

Luminaries Attend Heston's Funeral

There are 5 comments on the The Associated Press story from Apr 12, 2008, titled Luminaries Attend Heston's Funeral . In it, The Associated Press reports that:

Charlton Heston, one of the last lions of Old Hollywood, was remembered at his funeral Saturday as devoutly religious and patriotic _ a man who was an imposing figure both in his politics and on the big screen.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Associated Press.

Since: Apr 08

Edinboro, PA

#1 Apr 13, 2008
Well, I guess they pried Heston's rifle from his cold dead hands at last.

“make mine a double, please”

Since: Sep 07

chicago

#2 Apr 13, 2008
frank frank wrote:
Well, I guess they pried Heston's rifle from his cold dead hands at last.
frank, that showed ZERO class.

Edinboro, PA

#3 Apr 13, 2008
just had lunch wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey, it was Heston's own platitude. I was just commenting on his own words. "Class"? on a message board or forum? LOL!. Lack of class is what makes an online comment forum truly free speech.

Edinboro, PA

#4 Apr 13, 2008
btw, I think Heston was a great actor. Also admired him for his early support of the civil rights movement back in the early 60's. Check out "Soylent Green". That 1973 sci fi dystopia flick is so pertinent to the food riots and shortages going on right now in the third world, even in Egypt.
andet1987

United States

#5 Apr 13, 2008
just had lunch wrote:
<quoted text>
class ? you told me "phluck you!". do you have class ?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Julius Caesar Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News VIDEO: 'Beware The Ides of March!' Shakespeare'... Mar 31 Anonymous 1
News Michael Ansara, who played original Klingon, dies (Aug '13) Aug '13 Bama Yankee 2
News Op-Ed: Heston had Michigan roots (May '08) Apr '13 Carol Young Womble 5
News Profile | Richard Dreyfuss: Actor promotes a re... (Jun '09) Jun '09 wildbluestreak 1
News Dreyfuss promotes a return to civility, civics (Jun '09) Jun '09 Yolanda 3
News A Lion in Winter (Mar '09) Mar '09 bad girl 1
News ARTWORK is internet hit as people guess the fam... (Mar '09) Mar '09 Wang 1
More from around the web