Celebrity pot busts put tiny Texas county on map

Jan 28, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Beaumont Enterprise

In this Nov. 4, 2011 file photo, actor Armie Hammer poses for photographers after the Young Hollywood Panel during AFI FEST 2011 in Los Angeles.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 8 of8
ZIAmouth585

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2012

Just so everyone knows, border patrol checkpoints exist all along the US-Mexican border. Also a few on the interstates. I know of two on I-10 and two on I-25.

Some believe these checkpoints are unconstitutional searches - they are not. Checkpoints are permitted within a 100 miles of the US border and act as an extension of the inspection requirement one faces when entering the US from a foreign country. When you enter the US from a foreign nation you have no Constitutional right to unlawful search. Your entry is a choice and you will abide to be inspected if you wish to enter. Border patrol checkpoints are an extension of the inspection requirement. And you must answer the officers questions. They typically ask for your country of citizenship and where are you headed. Their primary focus is determining your legality but also if your smuggling (drugs, persons). Have been through them numerous times and they are painless and quick.

Within the past month I've been through two checkpoints and both had dogs that sniffed around every vehicle. Dogs appear to be drug dogs not human sniffers although they may do both.
Moliner

El Centro, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2012

ZIAmouth585 wrote:
Just so everyone knows, border patrol checkpoints exist all along the US-Mexican border. Also a few on the interstates. I know of two on I-10 and two on I-25.
Some believe these checkpoints are unconstitutional searches - they are not. Checkpoints are permitted within a 100 miles of the US border and act as an extension of the inspection requirement one faces when entering the US from a foreign country. When you enter the US from a foreign nation you have no Constitutional right to unlawful search. Your entry is a choice and you will abide to be inspected if you wish to enter. Border patrol checkpoints are an extension of the inspection requirement. And you must answer the officers questions. They typically ask for your country of citizenship and where are you headed. Their primary focus is determining your legality but also if your smuggling (drugs, persons). Have been through them numerous times and they are painless and quick.
Within the past month I've been through two checkpoints and both had dogs that sniffed around every vehicle. Dogs appear to be drug dogs not human sniffers although they may do both.
Encountered that between Los Cruses and Rincon on I25 back in 1978. Nothing new.
Sheik Yerbouti

Lambertville, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2012

Judged:

Obviously these vermin have no respect for the bill of rights! This is a total waste of taxpayer resources. Chasing a harmless plant-ridiculous and pathetic!
Moliner

El Centro, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2012

Sheik Yerbouti wrote:
Obviously these vermin have no respect for the bill of rights! This is a total waste of taxpayer resources. Chasing a harmless plant-ridiculous and pathetic!
Which amendment was disrespected?
ZIAmouth585

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2012

Sheik Yerbouti wrote:
Obviously you don't know and understand the law regarding this issue. Not a violation of rights. Practice has been in place for many, many years and has been upheld by the courts.
HillyBilly

San Antonio, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2012

Sheik Yerbouti wrote:
Just about what you would expect from NJ. I sure glad we taxpayers didn't have to pay for FAST AND FURIOUS-snicker,snicker.
ha ha

Bearden, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2012

I thought my little county was the butthole of america,your county and state sucks so bad.
Bernard Continelli

Rensselaer, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2013

100 miles?... and for drugs, not illegal immigrants?... BULLSHIT. The very presence of drug dogs there is a blatant violation of Indianapolis v. Edmond, November, 2000, plain and simple, no further debate should be even PERMITTED!

And it DOESN'T matter if they're local cops, state cops, Feds, Homeland Security, or CIA: If it's just about drugs and not true terrorism or 'homeland security', IT'S STILL A VIOLATION OF INDIANAPOLIS V. EDMOND.

"Any questions" you post-Nancy Reagan BRAINWASHED generationites?!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 8 of8
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent J. Edgar Discussions

Search the J. Edgar Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Claire Danes Won't Work With Leonardo DiCaprio ... (Jul '13) Jul '13 lisa runnels 1
Eastwood says he'd love to be directing at age 105 (Apr '13) Apr '13 Sheik Yerbouti 1
J. Edgar - review (Mar '13) Mar '13 Bill 1
Casting Call: 20 candidates for 50 Shades of Gr... (May '12) Mar '13 Grace 53
Cruise is Hollywood's top earner (Jul '12) Jul '12 CassandraC 1
Fisher: Australia's constitution permits discri... (Feb '12) Feb '12 hmm 2
Macho maestro milks the FBI legend (Jan '12) Feb '12 rider 2
•••
•••
•••