More Bonnaroo 2010 lineup speculation...

More Bonnaroo 2010 lineup speculation from the fan sites

There are 15 comments on the Examiner.com story from Oct 11, 2009, titled More Bonnaroo 2010 lineup speculation from the fan sites. In it, Examiner.com reports that:

In a recent article , I brought you the most prevalent speculation about the Bonnaroo 2010 headliners from the various message boards dedicated to discussing the festival during the off-season. But headliners are only a small part of the Bonnaroo lineup yearly and, most hardcore fans will insist, not where the real heart of Bonnaroo lies.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Examiner.com.

rob

Gallatin, TN

#1 Nov 28, 2009
widespread panic is at banaroo every f$%^ing year i know the guitarist he dated my sister hopefully this year will be like it was in 07 the 07 banroo was far best the best one out of the past 3 years
Please God

Fayetteville, NC

#2 Jan 9, 2010
Please God no Kanye, No Jay-Z, no Lady Ga-ga, no Tool, no NIN please please no frat boy rock....Superfly, please go back to your roots. thanks.
Sorry my child

Newport, KY

#3 Jan 9, 2010
Please God wrote:
Please God no Kanye, No Jay-Z, no Lady Ga-ga, no Tool, no NIN please please no frat boy rock....Superfly, please go back to your roots. thanks.
That is ridiculous, TOOL and NIN were great selections. Instead of insulting other artists simply because you do not value their music, try contributing your speculations. Is that not what this is all about?
GrungeLover

Powell, WY

#4 Jan 11, 2010
I agree NIN and Tool were great choices, as were Tom Petty, Pearl Jam, etc. I'd like to see Soundgarden hit it since they just reunited. Alice in Chains is killer live too, despite the new singer. Actually if you ask me, I think Alice is probably more consistent without Layne.. NO ONE can match his amazing voice, but his heroin and crack addiction destroyed him like so many others, famous or not, through the horrific experience of hopeless drug addictions. He just couldn't break the cycle and it severely affected his live performances. Don't get me wrong, when he was on, he was the best. Pearl Jam and Stone Temple Pilots will be touring in 2010 also. I can only hope one or more of them make it to the almighty Roo.
Robbie Bojangles

United States

#5 Jan 15, 2010
Yeasayer again please!
Also, Lady Gaga would be pretty kick ass, but I don't think she would go.
jason claypool

Halifax, Canada

#6 Jan 19, 2010
lets not forget all the bands that are the heartstrings of this festival like widespread, moe.,les claypool (in his many arrangements)and govt. mule. These are the bands that made this festival a big deal to begin with, and i hope they are all back for another round. As far as main stream artists go the red hot chili peppers would be a great asset to the roo, i agree that tool would be amazing as well, i'd very much like to see blind melon hit the stage, their new singer is amazing in his own right and they put on one hell of a show... but most of all id like to wish upon a star and have my wish of a daft punk roo come true!!!!
Jack

Pontiac, MI

#7 Jan 24, 2010
I would love to see:
The Dead(Or at least Phil Lesh and Friends or Bob Weir and Ratdog)
Phish
String Cheese Incident
Tool
Primus(or any other form of Les Claypool)
Red Hot Chili Peppers
Rage Against The Machine (hey, it could happen)
NIN
Umphrey's Mcgee
Flogging Molly
Slightly Stoopid
Yonder Mountain String Band

I was set on going to Rothbury this summer but as you probably already know its been cancelled. Now I'm banking on either Lolla or Bonnaroo. Whichever has the more impressive lineup will be where i go.
Austin

Athens, GA

#8 Jan 25, 2010
Red Hot Chili Peppers makes sense since they will be promoting their new album without Frusciante. Primus would be great too. The Easy Star All-Stars might be more fitting for Langerado but since that festival may be over for good then I'd like to see Easy Star on the Roo lineup too.
Matt D

Boston, MA

#9 Jan 25, 2010
My dream concert would be:
Red Hot Chili Peppers
Radiohead
Rage Against the Machine
Foo Fighters
Incubus
Soundgarden
Tool
Muse
The Hold Steady
The Raconteurs
MGMT
Probably won't get all those bands but any of them would be great to see!
LynSady

Easley, SC

#10 Jan 30, 2010
i would definitely like to see tool at roo. the music is like a seance. but ratm or qotsa would be my picks for headliners. then you have smaller like mgmt cat power aimee man iron and wine she and him but for hip hop jurassic 5 blackalicious atmosphere cage and aesop rock would be fabulous.
BuckeyeState

Frisco, TX

#11 Jan 31, 2010
Dead, Phish, Cheese, Monsters of Folk, dead weather, band of horses, daft punk, I would seriously sacrafice one of my limbs for all of those bands but it'll never happen
Mises

Australia

#12 Feb 2, 2010
Matt D wrote:
My dream concert would be:
Red Hot Chili Peppers
Radiohead
Rage Against the Machine
Foo Fighters
Incubus
Soundgarden
Tool
Muse
The Hold Steady
The Raconteurs
MGMT
Probably won't get all those bands but any of them would be great to see!
Hah, should have been at Lolla in 2008. Would have seen, the Raconteurs, Radiohead and o god yes, Rage Against the Machine was there. Best concert I have ever been too.
Amber

Murfreesboro, NC

#13 Feb 3, 2010
dude where are all the heads at..

FURTHER!!!!
CHEESE
Panic
Yonder
Mule (Warren playing with everyone of course)
MMW (Scofield always welcome)
Phish or any members of..
Sound Tribe

no offense by F lady gaga and other alternative bs! go to cochella for that..
Tool

Dallas, TX

#14 Feb 5, 2010
Please God wrote:
tool will eat ur souls
Chad

Greeley, CO

#15 Feb 9, 2010
I found a huge lineup speculation list at Indie Fan where I get a lot of other music news.

http://indiefan.org/2010/01/bonnaroo-2010-lin...

They had a few predictions that have actually rained true in today's leaks: http://indiefan.org/2010/02/bonnaroo-2010-off...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

It Might Get Loud Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The Friday Morning Listen: Jimmy Page & The Bla... (Jun '10) Jun '10 Patti Foster 1
News Jimmy Page - Page Lands Peace Prize (Jan '10) Jan '10 RON BUDDEN 1
News it's Official: Cyrus to Quit Hannah Montana in ... (Jan '10) Jan '10 XXX 1
News Ready to Rock: The director of An Inconvenient ... (Sep '09) Sep '09 Lanie45 1
News Jimmy Page Interviewed At 'It Might Get Loud' P... (Jun '09) Jul '09 zepforever 2
More from around the web