World-changing tunes: our readers speak

World-changing tunes: our readers speak

There are 2 comments on the Chicago Tribune story from May 8, 2009, titled World-changing tunes: our readers speak. In it, Chicago Tribune reports that:

In anticipation of Monday's official opening of Tom Stoppard 's "Rock 'n' Roll" at the Goodman Theatre , we asked: What rock songs actually have changed the world? You shot us dozens of suggestions, from obscure to famous.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chicago Tribune.

oops

New York, NY

#1 May 8, 2009
it may not be the best song ever (that goes to 'there are places i remember'), but 'give peace a chance' has gotta be the closest thing to what you're looking for.
South Sider in Florida

Pensacola, FL

#2 May 11, 2009
Kelly's comment about Townshend writing Won't Get Fooled Again "about Bush" couldn't be any farther from the truth. WGFA is written about being lied to by ALL politicians, not just Republican ones.

What happens when we elect a new leader? We hope we won't get fooled by them again.

The true context of the song should be obvious, especially when considering the Democrats/Obama controlled Federal government:

"Meet the new boss; same as the old boss"

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

I Wanna Hold Your Hand Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Beatlemania heads to JET Saturday night Apr '17 UK eh 1
News Beatlemania returns to Halton Hills (Jan '15) Jan '15 spending at Library 3
News The Walrus Was Wrong; Paul is Alive and Well (Aug '14) Aug '14 Kid_Tomorrow 2
News Beatlesa long and winding road goes nowhere, ma... (Sep '11) Sep '11 octopus brain 6
News 'Across the Universe' doesn't quite 'Come Toget... (Sep '07) Jul '11 A Yoko Ono fan 47
News McCartney, Starr come together to unveil traile... (Jun '09) Mar '10 Poppa Jivebones 28
News Quelling the Revolution: 'Neutralizing' John Le... (Dec '09) Dec '09 iselliot 2
More from around the web