Beatlesa long and winding road goes nowhere, man, with new generation

There are 6 comments on the Palm Beach Daily News story from Sep 3, 2011, titled Beatlesa long and winding road goes nowhere, man, with new generation. In it, Palm Beach Daily News reports that:

I need someone who can get me out of this time warp, which John, Paul, George and Ringo have me stuck in.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Palm Beach Daily News.

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#1 Sep 4, 2011
"The Beatles Are Fading Into Oblivion"

Only Beatle nuts actually believe kids are listening.

They're not...

So long to the fake, Beatle sixties cultural hype.

It's pathetic.

Push, push, push...forcing it down peoples throats.

The Beatles legacy is finally dying.

Great article tells it as it really is.

What's really going on. Hilarious!

“Nobody expects...”

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#2 Sep 6, 2011
You really have no perspective at all, do you, Octopus?

I doubt she even knows who Brian Wilson is either. Or who Stevie Ray Vaughn is or who Ronnie Van Zandt is and that they died in plane crashes. She probably doesn't know who Glenn Fry is or Joe Walsh is either.

Every time I go to a local event around here I see one or two teen boys wearing Beatles t-shirts, yes, it's notable. So they're still around. Heck, it was when I was a teen that I started getting into some of the older bands and got further from pop.

At least later Beatles, Pepper on up, is still being played on classic rock stations which is more than what I can say about Elvis. Elvis and early Beatles are on the oldies-oldies.

Location hidden

#3 Sep 10, 2011
Cardinal Ximinez wrote:
You really have no perspective at all, do you, Octopus?
I doubt she even knows who Brian Wilson is either. Or who Stevie Ray Vaughn is or who Ronnie Van Zandt is and that they died in plane crashes. She probably doesn't know who Glenn Fry is or Joe Walsh is either.
Every time I go to a local event around here I see one or two teen boys wearing Beatles t-shirts, yes, it's notable. So they're still around. Heck, it was when I was a teen that I started getting into some of the older bands and got further from pop.
At least later Beatles, Pepper on up, is still being played on classic rock stations which is more than what I can say about Elvis. Elvis and early Beatles are on the oldies-oldies.
Really? That's news to me.

I haven't heard The Beatles on classic rock in many years.

A lot of them changed their formats to include the 1990's.

"Sgt Pepper" and before that rarely gets played, if ever anymore.

I can name the songs I've heard by The Beatles in the last couple yrs:

(lite rock stations)

"Something"
"Come Together"
"Let It Be"
"The Long And Winding Road"
"Across The Universe"

I never hear "Real Love" or "Free As A Bird" played at all. Wonder why?

5 by Elvis:(lite rock stations)

"In The Ghetto"
"Suspicious Minds"
"Kentucky Rain"
"Burning Love"
"A Little Less Conversation"
Wayne Blueflame

Snohomish, WA

#4 Sep 10, 2011
octopus brain wrote:
"The Beatles Are Fading Into Oblivion"
Only Beatle nuts actually believe kids are listening.
They're not...
So long to the fake, Beatle sixties cultural hype.
It's pathetic.
Push, push, push...forcing it down peoples throats.
The Beatles legacy is finally dying.
Great article tells it as it really is.
What's really going on. Hilarious!
This comment is not only false it says sixties culture hype is fake.Well fool the sixties has produced the best bands ever people still wear tie-dye t-shirts some even still wear peace symbols.The only pathetic thing going on is your jealousy and lame attitude because you weren't around in the sixties and if you were you were just a dumb kid.Your not Hilaious or funny just lame.You need a Blueflame to change your nasty game and become tame.
david lewis

Glasgow, UK

#5 Sep 12, 2011
the beatles are a timeless band but i think the likes of pink floyd and led zeppelin will out live them the reason being the prouduction of the beatles records just does,nt cut it these days sounds very old then theres zeppelin they sound as good toady as whats out there jimmy page being such a good producer being the reason for that.i would also add it is out of order the lack of press/airplay zeppelin and floyd get here in the uk they get no respect what so ever you would think the beatles were the only ever band 2 come out of the uk not there fauilt i blame the uk press who dont have a clue what good music is

Location hidden

#6 Sep 12, 2011
david lewis wrote:
the beatles are a timeless band but i think the likes of pink floyd and led zeppelin will out live them the reason being the prouduction of the beatles records just does,nt cut it these days sounds very old then theres zeppelin they sound as good toady as whats out there jimmy page being such a good producer being the reason for that.i would also add it is out of order the lack of press/airplay zeppelin and floyd get here in the uk they get no respect what so ever you would think the beatles were the only ever band 2 come out of the uk not there fauilt i blame the uk press who dont have a clue what good music is
Zeppelin played a massive series of concerts at Earl's Court in England.

These performances were filmed and are some of the best Zeppelin gave.

An amazing reminder of what Zeppelin could do as a live band.

I have the May 24th 1975 concert on DVD and they certainly could deliver.

Led Zeppelin never needed hype because the music is what still stands.

They were bigger than The Beatles, but it was a secret between Zep fans.

Loud, crutching rock, blues and folk that was meant to be done on stage.

The Beatles were the previous decade and bands like Zeppelin took over...

Even The Doors were better than the overrated Beatles. They played live.

The sound, the performances, everything...a billion times better.

I don't know why the sixties culture still tries to build The Beatles up.

People can hear how crappy they were as a band unit.

It's there on the LIVE and STUDIO recordings, right?

Somehow, they ignore that and expect the press to praise The Beatles.

It's like they're brainwashed in thinking they were actually the best.

Certainly, the music tells a different story.

A story they don't want to hear so they go by what's forced fed to them.

Sad, isn't it?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

I Wanna Hold Your Hand Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Beatlemania returns to Halton Hills Jan '15 spending at Library 3
News The Walrus Was Wrong; Paul is Alive and Well (Aug '14) Aug '14 Kid_Tomorrow 2
News 'Across the Universe' doesn't quite 'Come Toget... (Sep '07) Jul '11 A Yoko Ono fan 47
News McCartney, Starr come together to unveil traile... (Jun '09) Mar '10 Poppa Jivebones 28
News Quelling the Revolution: 'Neutralizing' John Le... (Dec '09) Dec '09 iselliot 2
News World-changing tunes: our readers speak (May '09) May '09 South Sider in Fl... 2
More from around the web