Woman out to prove kinship to Lucy an...

Woman out to prove kinship to Lucy and Desi

There are 50 comments on the Stamford Advocate story from Jul 12, 2009, titled Woman out to prove kinship to Lucy and Desi. In it, Stamford Advocate reports that:

Cassandria Carlson avoided watching episodes of "I Love Lucy" up until a few years ago, when she fell asleep on the couch and woke up to a rerun.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Stamford Advocate.

Bogus

San Diego, CA

#26 Jul 14, 2009
To "to this is not news," are you Julia? If so, here are words you wrote just a few months ago:

"My father has stepped up to the plate and we are working on a strong and healthy relationship now for 16 years.He is paying for his only granddaughter's college, and has put me through many rehabs."

As I understand it, Desi Jr. was a minor when Susan (your mother?) became pregnant, and she was an adult. Trying to put myself in those same shoes, I'm not sure how I would react because there are serious legal consequences for that. I have nieces and nephews around the age Desi Jr. was then, and if an adult person approached them in a sexual manner, it would be difficult for me to embrace that person, especially if I were from a wealthy family because it make me suspicious. At least, it would take a very long time to come to terms with that. From what I can tell, Desi Jr. has tried to reach out to Julia (who has posted pictures on her Myspace page to prove it), and has been involved in the life of her daughter (his granddaughter). And that granddaughter is close to Desi's daughter and at least one of Lucie's kids. So if there is any friction now between Julia and the family, I'm not going to speculate too much, but it does take two to tango.
The Patriot

Bayonne, NJ

#27 Jul 14, 2009
A DNA test will end this sag that's been hitting the press every now and them...!
Bogus

San Diego, CA

#28 Jul 14, 2009
So every time someone comes out of the woodwork claiming to be a relative, they're supposed to stop their lives and submit to a DNA test? I think these people need to make something of themselves and stop leaching off famous people to try to validate their own lives. It's kind of pathetic.
to this is not news

Elizabeth, NJ

#29 Jul 14, 2009
Yes I did write that last year around this time and still stand by that thick and thin. I had a great conversation w/ my father just a week ago.and yes we are working on a strong and healthy relationship. oh and please please do not bash my Mother.
I promised not to post here but after reading a few post and the fact that I live in this area I thought I should post because of theses crazy comments.
oooh and please everyone who is still reading yesterday news, this is has nothing to do with me, this is Cassandria carlson Story not mine. dont bring me into it. thanks. Sorry Dad I had to say something! you have helped me so much through the years!! I love you and always will Desi jr aka Dad.
to this is not news

Elizabeth, NJ

#30 Jul 14, 2009
Sorry I frogot to put my name to my comment above
truly Julia Arnaz. I never comment with out putting my name to it I am real and have nothing to hide.
to this is not news

Elizabeth, NJ

#31 Jul 14, 2009
I am so sorry to say that I have a a friend who has been staying here and she was on my computer and she is unfurnitly is the one who posted that comment about my nothing relationship w/ my Dad, she sometimes sees me very up set about private matters and she has seen me go thrugh hell and back yes, and she just didnt like the quote about the Arnaz family taking care of their family members. She just told me she was the one who posted it. she is very protiecive of me and she has seen me in alot of pain the past few weeks, years, exc, and not about Carlson matter, other privit family matters. oh and I didnt mean Cassandria is yesterdays news, I ment this paper was out yesterday and their could only be a few seliective people commenting here from yesterday paper, I will not lower my self and I shouldnt have to explane anything to strangers or anyone els!!!!!!!!!!Their I said my peace.
Truly Julia
sweet in louisana

Shreveport, LA

#32 Jul 15, 2009
People don't always realize the impact of their decisions on later generations. I grew up with Lucy & Desi shows and loved them. My mom is from an unwed relationship of two people who were forbidden to relate because of mixed ancestory. Cassi needs to know. I am descended from Jim Bowie through a Choctaw indian woman and it hurts to know that history says he had no direct descendants. We are blessed anyway so get whatever you can get if DNA proves you are related.
Bogus

San Diego, CA

#33 Jul 17, 2009
I don't see any physical similarities between Madeline Jane Dee and any of the Ball/Arnaz family. I have seen so many images of Lucie Arnaz and Desi Arnaz, Jr. in their early childhood; their little faces are emblazoned in my mind. And those image do not look even remotely like the young Madeline to me. Beyond that, the inconsistencies in Ms. Carlson's story are disturbing. When this story first broke in 2008, the claim was being made that her mother was a "love child" between Lucy and Desi that would have caused a scandal. Seemingly, Ms. Carlson was not aware that Lucy and Desi had been married more than six years at that point, so there would have been no cause for scandal. More recently the story has changed to, Lucy and Desi were estranged at the time, and she wanted to conceal the pregnancy from him. Ms. Carlson's PR people just days ago put out a press release claiming that in the six months leading up to the June 1947 birth in California of Carlson's mother, Lucille Ball was vacationing. This couldn't be further from the truth. From late October to mid December 1946, she was filming LURED. And then retakes were filmed in late January 1947. From mid February to late March 1947, she was filming HER HUSBAND'S AFFAIRS, and retakes were filmed in May. Besides her film work, she was also working regularly in live radio broadcasts during these months: THE EDDIE CANTOR SHOW (Oct 10, 1946); THE BOB HOPE SHOW (Nov 12, 1946); SCREEN GUILD THEATER (Apr 21, 1947); THE SMITHS OF HOLLYWOOD (Apr 25, 1947); THE RADIO READER'S DIGEST (May 22, 1947); and THE BOB HOPE SHOW (May 27, 1947). Bob Hope's show was done in front of a live studio audience. By the time of that broadcast, she would have been nearly nine months pregnant according to Carlson's story. She couldn't have hidden that from 300 studio audience members unless she were wearing a cardboard box. In early June, she arrived in Princeton, NJ to begin rehearsals and staging for the play DREAM GIRLS, which started June 23 and went on tour for the next six months. So every single month during the prior six-month period that Carlson claims Ball was vacationing, she was actually working. And some sources indicate she was also seen in Phoenix in April 1947 with Desi Arnaz, and posed for a photographer in a bathing suit in May 1947. The frequently-changing "facts" of Ms. Carlson's case simply do not compute.
Carl

Bayonne, NJ

#34 Jul 17, 2009
The DNA will save a lot of ink and space in the paper...case closed...!
Bogus

San Diego, CA

#36 Jul 17, 2009
No need to waste peoples' time with a DNA test when the allegations being made don't even remotely match publicly available facts. Months ago, Carlson's people promised evidence supporting her claims, but instead they have come up with nothing but a false story about a six-month vacation. They have made these allegations, they have the burden of defending them. So how did Ms. Ball hide a pregnancy nine months along from 300 audience members watching her perform a show? And why did Carlson's people claim she was vacationing all those months when clearly she wasn't?
Max

Matawan, NJ

#37 Jul 17, 2009
DNA is on the horizon--Sorry
Bogus

San Diego, CA

#38 Jul 18, 2009
Whatever. It's not going to prove anything, and I personally think this is just someone trying to get their 15 minutes of fame because the story is obviously bogus. And that's pathetic. Facts don't lie. And the story Carlson's people have been spinning about Lucille Ball being on vacation is a lie. Once again, how did Ms. Ball hide a pregnancy nine months along from 300 audience members watching her perform a show? And why did Carlson's people claim she was vacationing all those months when clearly she wasn't?
Oh OKay

Matawan, NJ

#40 Jul 21, 2009
15 minutes are up and the woman is still moving on with her case.

Must mean she is serious with her admissions. I applaud her strength in this. I say GO FOR IT. Don't allow others to steer you away from finding out.

God bless :]
Momof3

New Britain, CT

#41 Jul 21, 2009
Aaron wrote:
One swab off the inside of one's cheek could provide enough DNA for a hundred tests. Dispelling a claim once and for all often saves the celebrity a lot of time and possible bad publicity. Logic seems to dictate a married celebrity couple with two children would not give the third (if that's the sequence) away, unless the marriage had gone so far south that another child would have complicated things. Anyway, it is Lucy and Desi Jr's choice; let's hope this "15 minutes of being a celebrity relative" does not make TOO much money for this sadly insecure woman.
Until the next wack job shows up and the next and the next and the next. I don't blame Lucy and Desi Jr. in the slightest for ignoring it all.
Bogus

San Diego, CA

#42 Aug 3, 2009
The only thing this woman is "serious" about is the money she collects from the tabloids for selling her story. As the record shows, AND COMPLETELY CONTRARY TO THE STORIES MS. CARLSON'S PRESS PEOPLE ARE PUTTING OUT, Lucille Ball was working AND IN PUBLIC every single one of those months they claim she was "vacationing" and hiding a pregnancy. She was on stage in front of people when she was supposedly eight and nine months pregnant. That's a hell of a way to hide a pregnancy! Turning over DNA is not fun and games. It can be misused and no way should Lucie and Desi Jr. turn over this most personal information to this stranger and opportunist without a compelling reason. And given that her story completely contradicts the record of Lucille Ball's life, they have NO reason to turn over ANYTHING to her. They'd be crazy to do that.
me2baby

Farmington, AR

#43 Aug 4, 2009
Maybe she was just Desi's by another woman (not Lucy). He was a womanizer and it would not have been good publicity for them if a story like this got out.
Frankly

Dallas, TX

#45 Aug 14, 2009
Carl wrote:
The DNA will save a lot of ink and space in the paper...case closed...!
Very true.
Lucy im home

Ronkonkoma, NY

#48 Aug 16, 2009
That friggin Cuban banged so many woman in his day who knows how many kids he would have made !
Juli A Gunderson

Eugene, OR

#49 Oct 16, 2012
Every once in a while you see this story come up, and every once in a while you still find some people who actually believe her story, which makes absolutely no sense at all. Why would two people who wanted a baby for so long, have one and then give it up?

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#50 Oct 16, 2012
I give up.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

I Love Lucy Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Lucy Comes Home Again Jun '17 Phil 2
News On its 65th anniversary, 8 things to know about... (Oct '16) Oct '16 AnonymousHelper 1
News It's Lucille Ball's Birthday: She Supported Gay... (Aug '16) Aug '16 Fa-Foxy 1
News Woman Says She's Secret Granddaughter of Lucill... (Sep '08) Jan '16 joe 13
News Western NY village wants to give its Lucille Ba... (Apr '15) Apr '15 test 13
News Vivian Vance's Hometown Pays Tribute With 100th... (Jul '09) May '14 Cherryvale squatter 11
News CBS Wins Weekly Ratings Crown With 'I Love Lucy' (Dec '13) Dec '13 Old Sam 1
More from around the web