Artist Biography: John Lennon

Dec 6, 2008 Full story: newmagic949.com 73

Artist Biography: John Lennon By Stephen Thomas Erlewine Out of all the Beatles , John Lennon had the most interesting -- and frustrating -- solo career.

Full Story
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

awc

“Pepperland”

Since: Dec 06

Pepperland

#75 Dec 18, 2008
HOLLYWOOD NO TALENT BUMS wrote:
<quoted text>i just noticed...
you misspelled..."it's all in YOU'RE mind..."
hahahahahahah
typical.
It is all in you're pea brained mind, LOSER.

awc

“Pepperland”

Pepperland

#76 Dec 18, 2008
<quoted text>and, i suppose you will next tell me that ccr didn't write the lyrics..."there is a bathroom on the right."
Is your mommy telling you what to write?
Or are you typing with your toes.

awc

“Pepperland”

Pepperland

#81 Dec 18, 2008
<quoted text>I....am more 60s than you will ever be...cause i'm not stuck in the past----which is what 60s is....and i don't worship some dead rich musician.
when you even know such writers as sarte, neitche, camus, heidegger, hegal, descartes, i'll have an intelligent exchange of ideas with you...
...untill then, keep on being anal re spelling...you might think you're writing some nobel prize winning work, but i only regard this as some quick thots i jot down.
As I said, you are very illiterate.
sarte, neitche, camus, heidegger, hegal, descartes, sounds like an old man's see spot run.
You may think you are intelligent, but noone else does.
If you don't like Lennon, fine, but there are millions who do.
John Lennon was a great man who created great music, if you can't see that, you are more ignorant than you write.

awc

“Pepperland”

Pepperland

#82 Dec 18, 2008
<quoted text>I....INFLUENCED...YOU. ..!!!!
you dropped the "you're"----cause of how corrected YOU!
hahahahahah
HAHAHA----I won...you corrected your mistake, on my suggestion...LOSER.
my work here is done....good-bye
i won---you lost!
You won ?
lol.
With the way you type, you are not a winner, but a whiner.
What a moron you are, thanks for the fun.

awc

“Pepperland”

Pepperland

#84 Dec 18, 2008
<quoted text>I....INFLUENCED...YOU. ..!!!!
you dropped the "you're"----cause of how corrected YOU!
hahahahahah
HAHAHA----I won...you corrected your mistake, on my suggestion...LOSER.
my work here is done....good-bye
i won---you lost!
sarte, neitche, camus, heidegger, hegal, descartes

All of these are boring writers, who may I add or DEAD.

You are a complete bore of a reader, enjoy yourself, noone else can.

awc

“Pepperland”

Pepperland

#85 Dec 18, 2008
awc wrote:
<quoted text>
Correction "are".
Unlike the Hollywood fool, I correct my mistakes.

“To love and be loved”

Since: Jun 08

right here, right now...

#87 Dec 19, 2008
awc wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, no! Not these mentioned above writers "awc"! They were the great thinkers in history. Their works are forever!!!

awc

“Pepperland”

Pepperland

#88 Dec 19, 2008
KissandTell wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, no! Not these mentioned above writers "awc"! They were the great thinkers in history. Their works are forever!!!
I guess to each their own, but they cannot hold a candle to the Bible or John Lennon.
This troll came from under the bridge and started bashing Lennon, without any just cause, except his ignorance and hate.
It's one thing not to like Lennon, it's another to bash him, John beleived in peace and love, these writers wrote of their own philosophies.
Why go on a Lennon thread and bash him, then preach on how good the other writers are,if the other writers are so good, why not tell about them instead of bash.
As I said, to each their own.
Greg

Athens, Greece

#89 Dec 19, 2008
Why comparing those philosophers with John? Sartre, Decartes etc? To each their own, yes. I have read some of their works my friend, Sartre, Neitzsche(can you pronounce it? It's more difficult than my surname). Hegel. Martin Heidegger...I find their thinking amazing. But we can't compare who had more influence on people. It's silly.

awc

“Pepperland”

Pepperland

#90 Dec 19, 2008
Greg wrote:
Why comparing those philosophers with John? Sartre, Decartes etc? To each their own, yes. I have read some of their works my friend, Sartre, Neitzsche(can you pronounce it? It's more difficult than my surname). Hegel. Martin Heidegger...I find their thinking amazing. But we can't compare who had more influence on people. It's silly.
I agree, Lennon is light years ahead of them.
These writers may be good, but they haven't touched the world as Lennon.
John Lennon was more than a writer, he was a singer,musician and humanitarian.
These writer's deaths didn't touch us a Lennon's does, John's memory will live on forever.
Sartre never made a song that I can sing along with, lol.

“To love and be loved”

right here, right now...

#91 Dec 20, 2008
awc wrote:
<quoted text>I agree, Lennon is light years ahead of them.
These writers may be good, but they haven't touched the world as Lennon.
John Lennon was more than a writer, he was a singer,musician and humanitarian.
These writer's deaths didn't touch us a Lennon's does, John's memory will live on forever.
Sartre never made a song that I can sing along with, lol.
John Lennon is outstanding for what he did. As he was alive he was hated by others and adored by many. Now he's six feet under the ground he is loved by everybody and became our hero. These writers and philosophers may not have written songs that you can sing along with "awc"; but nevertheless, they have outstanding contributions especially in the fields of Philosophy, Ethics, Arts and Literature.

awc

“Pepperland”

Pepperland

#92 Dec 21, 2008
KissandTell wrote:
<quoted text>
John Lennon is outstanding for what he did. As he was alive he was hated by others and adored by many. Now he's six feet under the ground he is loved by everybody and became our hero. These writers and philosophers may not have written songs that you can sing along with "awc"; but nevertheless, they have outstanding contributions especially in the fields of Philosophy, Ethics, Arts and Literature.
As they say "Death makes heroes of everyone".

I wasn't knocking those writers, it's just that I have never read them or for that fact, ever heard of them.
I much prefer artists such as Edger AllenPoe,Andy Warhol,Salvadore Dali,Pablo Picasso,Bob Dylan,John Lennon,Jules Verne,Hunter S. Thompson.
But art is in the eye of the beholder.
As far as books, I prefer the Bible, it has everything I need and I love the fact that it's considered the book that never gets outdated.
And the fact that many governments feel so threatened by it, they try to have it destroyed, which is a lost cause, because it will LIVE forever.

“To love and be loved”

right here, right now...

#93 Dec 21, 2008
awc wrote:
<quoted text>
As they say "Death makes heroes of everyone".
I wasn't knocking those writers, it's just that I have never read them or for that fact, ever heard of them.
I much prefer artists such as Edger AllenPoe,Andy Warhol,Salvadore Dali,Pablo Picasso,Bob Dylan,John Lennon,Jules Verne,Hunter S. Thompson.
But art is in the eye of the beholder.
As far as books, I prefer the Bible, it has everything I need and I love the fact that it's considered the book that never gets outdated.
And the fact that many governments feel so threatened by it, they try to have it destroyed, which is a lost cause, because it will LIVE forever.
Yes, they will live forever and ever, "awc"!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

How I Won the War Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Howell: Advice to Justin Bieber, aspiring actor... (Apr '11) Apr '11 nina 3
GoErie.com: 'Help!' Trivia (Nov '07) Nov '07 Wendy 4
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

How I Won the War People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••