Artist Biography: John Lennon

Dec 6, 2008 Full story: newmagic949.com 73

Artist Biography: John Lennon By Stephen Thomas Erlewine Out of all the Beatles , John Lennon had the most interesting -- and frustrating -- solo career.

Full Story
First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Greg

Athens, Greece

#2 Dec 7, 2008
Yes, he does. His solo work, well, most of it, had flashes of his genius. John had always been a lover of melody and harmony. Just like Paul and George. In addition, he gave us some wonderful rock stuff and underground rock stuff. Maybe a better one than those artists who call themselves "Pure rockers" and snub the Beatles for being "Poppers". We remember you, John.

awc

“Pepperland”

Since: Dec 06

Pepperland

#3 Dec 7, 2008
John's music drew us closer to him, but it was his honesty,integrity,bravery and humanity that kept us.
Instead of mourning his death, I celebrate his life.

“DELETE THIS PROFILE”

Since: Jul 07

Location hidden

#4 Dec 7, 2008
Before there was a Bono, there was John. Before John, there wasn't much.

“To love and be loved”

Since: Jun 08

right here, right now...

#5 Dec 7, 2008
awc wrote:
John's music drew us closer to him, but it was his honesty,integrity,bravery and humanity that kept us.
Instead of mourning his death, I celebrate his life.
Bravo "awc"! Very well said and done! It's nice to click this Forum and upon opening it a word from an expert, smile...
Oh, yes truly he was and he will stay that way for us forever. I joined you in celebrating his life. Cheers!!!

“DELETE THIS PROFILE”

Since: Jul 07

Location hidden

#6 Dec 7, 2008
A little off-topic here, but I will get back on track in minute. I have this, "create your own" radio station called Pandora. Tailor it to your own taste. I typed in John Lennon, ant it gave me other choices as well as John. I'm listening to it right now. Good stuff, if you don't want to bother with cd's or stored mp3's.

Going back on winter vacation now. It's rough on me.

awc

“Pepperland”

Pepperland

#8 Dec 7, 2008
KissandTell wrote:
<quoted text>
Bravo "awc"! Very well said and done! It's nice to click this Forum and upon opening it a word from an expert, smile...
Oh, yes truly he was and he will stay that way for us forever. I joined you in celebrating his life. Cheers!!!
Cheers to you too KissandTell.
John has always been my favorite musician for many reasons.
His honesty, no matter how painfull was always his greatest thing.
I love his music with the Beatles and his solo music too, both have ever lasting qualities.
I try not to mourn over the music we will never hear, but I rejoice in the music created.
The press always has twisted people's words and John's remarks about Jesus was true, maybe not pretty, but it was true.
John and Jesus both didn't have security guards but both left too soon.
And like Christ's words,John's music lives forever too.
Not comparing Lennon to Christ, but both are heroes to me.

“To love and be loved”

right here, right now...

#9 Dec 7, 2008
Toothless In Seattle wrote:
Before there was a Bono, there was John. Before John, there wasn't much.
Not exactly, "Toothless In Seattle". I'm a John Lennon fan also but in this case you're exaggerating!!!
Greg

Athens, Greece

#11 Dec 7, 2008
Can't be displayed in Greece...Although has a Greek name...Anyway, thank you my friend.

awc

“Pepperland”

Pepperland

#12 Dec 7, 2008
Greg wrote:
Can't be displayed in Greece...Although has a Greek name...Anyway, thank you my friend.
Hi Greg, where's you're ISP ?
Greg

Athens, Greece

#13 Dec 7, 2008
awc wrote:
<quoted text>Hi Greg, where's you're ISP ?
I don't know...Somewhere in Athens. Yes, that's where I am. Don't worry my brother. I'm the usual Greg Almighty. LOL! The Greg of the Gregs clan.

“To love and be loved”

right here, right now...

#14 Dec 7, 2008
awc wrote:
<quoted text>
Cheers to you too KissandTell.
John has always been my favorite musician for many reasons.
His honesty, no matter how painfull was always his greatest thing.
I love his music with the Beatles and his solo music too, both have ever lasting qualities.
I try not to mourn over the music we will never hear, but I rejoice in the music created.
The press always has twisted people's words and John's remarks about Jesus was true, maybe not pretty, but it was true.
John and Jesus both didn't have security guards but both left too soon.
And like Christ's words,John's music lives forever too.
Not comparing Lennon to Christ, but both are heroes to me.
Very right, correct "awc"! That's why I like reading your post because you are telling the truth. In a 4CD album of John Lennon, there is a phrase "he cried for reality".
As far as I am concerned, the thoughts and reflections of John Lennon was also patterned after the Bible and Church doctrines. It's about truth, peace, love, unity, hope, justice, etc., that Jesus Christ and His disciples and the ministers of God have been preaching for.
In another setting like the lines in the song "God", it is the reverse of the Apostles Creed, I Believe "The Credo" and the prayer "Litany of Saints", in which he reels off a litany of religious and historical figures in which he doesn't believe even including the Beatles and Elvis, exactly the opposite of "I Believe".
The last line of the song "God" he wrote: Yesterday I was the dreamweaver, But now I'm reborn, I was a walrus But now I'm John. This was from Apostle Paul "I am I but no longer I."

awc

“Pepperland”

Pepperland

#15 Dec 7, 2008
Greg wrote:
<quoted text>I don't know...Somewhere in Athens. Yes, that's where I am. Don't worry my brother. I'm the usual Greg Almighty. LOL! The Greg of the Gregs clan.
Anyone can post using the name Greg or Gregg, but there is only one Greg (you).

“Elvis News Ireland”

Since: Sep 07

Swords, County Dublin.

#16 Dec 7, 2008
"I love ya Elvis", cried out John Lennon, New York 1972, as he was singing, "Hound Dog".

I like John Lennon's, solo stuff. In fact I have it all on vinyl.:-)

I painted 27 portraits of him 1981!!! All except one were sold to Lennon fans.

http://irelandtoo.blogspot.com

awc

“Pepperland”

Pepperland

#17 Dec 7, 2008
MauricePColgan wrote:
"I love ya Elvis", cried out John Lennon, New York 1972, as he was singing, "Hound Dog".
Hello Maurice,
John also said "Before Elvis, there was nothing".
As a Beatle's fan I admit that without Elvis, there would not have been the Beatles.
John was very inspired in 1956 by the "Love me tender" ,movie.

“To love and be loved”

right here, right now...

#18 Dec 7, 2008
MauricePColgan wrote:
That's true! We have seen that concert in TV "MauricePColgan". The funny thing is that the avant-garde Yoko Ono was on the background from the beginning to the end of the song howling like a dog in this way, "Aww, Aww! We did not get the whole message of John Lennon after that song because we were laughing like hell. We just remembered that he said to her, thank you and peace sister!!!

“To love and be loved”

right here, right now...

#19 Dec 7, 2008
awc wrote:
<quoted text>
Hello Maurice,
John also said "Before Elvis, there was nothing".
As a Beatle's fan I admit that without Elvis, there would not have been the Beatles.
John was very inspired in 1956 by the "Love me tender" ,movie.
That will roll as back to love. "God is love" (I Jn 4:8,16).

“I'm not of this generation”

Since: Dec 08

Spotsylvania

#20 Dec 7, 2008
John Lennon is and will always be the one that makes me think twice about everything around me. Him and Yoko are by far my most favorite celebrity couple of all time. They were REAL. They strayed away from the mainstream "be this way" ideals that everyone had.[still have today] I love him and Yoko for that very much.

JOHN LENNON LIVES THROUGH HIS MUSIC FOREVER AND ALWAYS.

awc

“Pepperland”

Pepperland

#21 Dec 7, 2008
KissandTell wrote:
<quoted text>
Very right, correct "awc"! That's why I like reading your post because you are telling the truth. In a 4CD album of John Lennon, there is a phrase "he cried for reality".
As far as I am concerned, the thoughts and reflections of John Lennon was also patterned after the Bible and Church doctrines. It's about truth, peace, love, unity, hope, justice, etc., that Jesus Christ and His disciples and the ministers of God have been preaching for.
In another setting like the lines in the song "God", it is the reverse of the Apostles Creed, I Believe "The Credo" and the prayer "Litany of Saints", in which he reels off a litany of religious and historical figures in which he doesn't believe even including the Beatles and Elvis, exactly the opposite of "I Believe".
The last line of the song "God" he wrote: Yesterday I was the dreamweaver, But now I'm reborn, I was a walrus But now I'm John. This was from Apostle Paul "I am I but no longer I."
Wow,
You're post was very well crafted by someone who knows the truth.
I compliment you on you're way with writing, it makes perfect sense.
I agree with all that you wrote, it is the truth.

“To love and be loved”

right here, right now...

#23 Dec 7, 2008
awc wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow,
You're post was very well crafted by someone who knows the truth.
I compliment you on you're way with writing, it makes perfect sense.
I agree with all that you wrote, it is the truth.
Thank you very much, "awc" (bow). I thank the Heavenly Father for showing me the way to His Words. I read many things including the Bible just as I listen all kinds of music and to hear the Messengers of God including Pope Benedict XVI.

awc

“Pepperland”

Pepperland

#24 Dec 7, 2008
KissandTell wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you very much, "awc" (bow). I thank the Heavenly Father for showing me the way to His Words. I read many things including the Bible just as I listen all kinds of music and to hear the Messengers of God including Pope Benedict XVI.
You are very kind.
God is always willing to lead, but sometimes we fail to follow.
But, God never gives up on us.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

How I Won the War Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Howell: Advice to Justin Bieber, aspiring actor... (Apr '11) Apr '11 nina 3
GoErie.com: 'Help!' Trivia (Nov '07) Nov '07 Wendy 4
•••
•••

How I Won the War People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••