Motion Picture & and Television Fund ...

Motion Picture & and Television Fund nursing home, hospital to ...

There are 46 comments on the LA Daily News story from Jan 15, 2009, titled Motion Picture & and Television Fund nursing home, hospital to .... In it, LA Daily News reports that:

With annual operating losses of $10 million threatening to bankrupt the Motion Picture & Television Fund, fund officials said Wednesday that they must close the landmark nursing home and hospital that have ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at LA Daily News.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
marion ferguson

AOL

#1 Jan 15, 2009
Oh ya gotta love that madoff, He owes billions and instead of being in jail like the rest of us would be, he is living under house arrest in his seven millions dollar mansion with maids and butlers....... Ah what a shame.
Norman Moore

Tujunga, CA

#2 Jan 15, 2009
[QUOTE who="ma
rion ferguson"]Oh ya gotta love that madoff, He owes billions and instead of being in jail like the rest of us would be, he is living under house arrest in his seven millions dollar mansion with maids and butlers....... Ah what a shame.[/QUOTE]

If Madoff is responsible (just rumors I've heard) then the Judge that let him stay at home should be removed from his bench. I myself vote tend to vote against incumbent judges on every ballot unless I’ve seen evidence that they have a record of justice in the name of the people. There are too many “socially conscious” judges on the bench who think that they are a part of the legislature. They are afraid to enforce the law and make judicial decisions in the interest of the public who pay their salaries. I think in Madoff’s case the judge may have dollar signs in his eyes, maybe he got some of that heirloom jewelry that Bernie mailed out.
James

Los Angeles, CA

#3 Jan 15, 2009
Listen to the Deafening Silence of the Motion Picture and Television Industry Stars. They will not donate a Dime of their own money and will insist that the Federal Government and Tax Payers Fund this Farce. Count on it. No Shame !
mrmcook

United States

#4 Jan 15, 2009
So where will they ship the 100 or so long term patients that are presently there? Where is the IATSE to stand and hold out for below the line family members who are there? What are there choices?
mrmcook

United States

#5 Jan 15, 2009
what happenned to the motto "we take care of our own"? Where are all the ultra liberal elitest actors and producers now? Aspen, vail or Europe?
MPTFLVN

Woodland Hills, CA

#6 Jan 15, 2009
My heart is breaking for my patient, their families and all my co-workers. I am devastated by this news.
Mark

United States

#7 Jan 15, 2009
mrmcook and james: you're right on the money! These Hollywood elite are too busy donating millions of dollars to political campaigns, flying their private jets to film festivals, and buying villas in Italy. That place has taken care of REAL Hollywood greats, who didn't make zillions for a movie, and didn't even get residuals. Maybe they'll surprise us and keep this place open. It really wouldn't take much from each of them.
The End

Los Angeles, CA

#8 Jan 15, 2009
As for nonprofit organization, saleries of administration workers at MPTF were extremely generous.Too bad, this noble idea of helping our friends fell victim to greed,poor management and
bad economy.How about people who were promissed to be taken care of for the rest of their lifes,will they get their money back? What a shame,place with such a history couldn't keep it's door open for those, who contibuted the so much to the industry,their entire lifes.
med

United States

#9 Jan 15, 2009
How they operate a huge empty building with just like that. This is absurd. Is it because the long term no one sponsors on it unlike the Saban building.
PkrDiva

Los Angeles, CA

#10 Jan 15, 2009
Just call Brad & Angelina...I'm sure they have the $$$...

Since: Jul 08

Torrance, CA

#11 Jan 15, 2009
James wrote:
Listen to the Deafening Silence of the Motion Picture and Television Industry Stars.
Yeah. Seems like George Soros and all those compassionate Hollywood liberals should be able to come up with 10 or 12 million a year, either from pocket change or... wait... I know... Let's put on a show!

Spanky, Alfalfa, Darla and Buckwheat should be able to do it!
Curious

Rosemead, CA

#12 Jan 15, 2009
Hey, George Soros can part with $ 100 million...to him, it's pocket change !!!
BEVERLY

Ventura, CA

#13 Jan 15, 2009
I SMELL A RAT, FROM A PAST EMPLOYEE WHO WORKED FOR THE MPFT FROM 2000 TO APRIL 2008. MARY PICKFORD AND THE PIONEERS WOULD TURN OVER IN THEIR GRAVES, THE POWERS AT B KEEP SAYING WERE DOING IT FOR THE FUTURE,HA HA WHO ARE THEY KIDDING, WHO'S FUTURE? THEIRS I PRESUME. I NEVER TRUSTED THE CURRENT MEDICAL DIRECTOR AND KNOW I KNOW WHY.
IT TRULY IS SAD. THE NURSING STAFF TOOK SUCH INCREDIBLE CARE OF THE NURSING
RESIDENTS, I WOULD SAY ,THIS IS WERE I WANT TO BE IF I GET OLD AND NEED CARE.
THEY SHOULD ALSO LOOK AT THE CEO/CFO AND DO AWAY WITH THEM FAST
SORRY FOR SUCH A NEGATIVE REPLY, BUT I JUST CAN'T HOLD BACK MY TRUE FEELINGS.
Chris

United States

#14 Jan 15, 2009
This is devastating
get a life

Los Angeles, CA

#15 Jan 15, 2009
where's the Union money???
mrmcook

Salinas, CA

#16 Jan 16, 2009
Is this the same change that Obama and the liberal Bollywood elitess plan for the country? They put a nice happy face on it and shove it down our throats.
I think the just signed my mother's death sentence. May they reap what they sow. Very unhappy with them shoving this down our throats with no debate or input. What's next? No heart bypass, no blood transfusions, no flu shots because they tax the operate at a loss. Get a clue: medical operates at a loss, that's why it costs the employees and employers so much. Hallelujah-let's have another inaugaration party for ourselves so we can get all done up and get our sad pathetic pusses up on the TV so all us pions can gawk at you.
"We take care of our own"--BULLSHIT
mrmcook

Salinas, CA

#17 Jan 16, 2009
Is this the same change that Obama and the liberal Bollywood elitess plan for the country? They put a nice happy face on it and shove it down our throats.
I think they just signed my mother's death sentence. May they reap what they sow. Very unhappy with them shoving this down our throats with no debate or input. What's next? No heart bypass, no blood transfusions, no flu shots because they operate at a loss. Get a clue: medical operates at a loss, that's why it costs the employees and employers so much. Hallelujah-let's have another inaugaration party for ourselves so we can get all done up and get our sad pathetic pusses up on the TV so all us pions can gawk at you.
"We take care of our own"--BULL****
lisa

Paris, France

#18 Jan 16, 2009
Disgraceful.

Greedy stars who exploit the supporting actors, who exploit the technicians, the hairdressers, the set builders, who treat them badly with their overblown egos need to reach deep into their stuffed pockets and GIVE...

Angelina and Brad need to give at least 10 million each... they are the worst exploiters
Katzenberg needs to give 100 million to start a secure endowment.... who cares if he lost 20 million with that New York Crook, he is worth over half a billion thanks to people like those who reside in the residence who have nothing after years of exploitation...
Speilberg, you have a street out there.... instead of paying for the pavement... match Katzenberg's donation... 100 million for you too..
and Geffen... 100 million....
and Schwarzenegger....100 million

you see there is 400 million right there... it is that easy if they were not so greedy and self-absorbed..... and totally uncaring and selfish
CP native

Winnetka, CA

#19 Jan 16, 2009
my guess, the "hollywood liberals" are all anticipating the socialization of medicine. why take care of your own when "the state" will do it for you? clinton, bush, obama = bump, set, spike. score one for the impending dictatorship. authoritarian rules!
mrmcook

Salinas, CA

#20 Jan 16, 2009
I still have a few questions. Why is this a**hole Jeffrey Katzenberg making life and death decisions about my Mom's life and death and her childrens? I certainly didn't give him that power. I guess he took it on himself as a humanitarian.

My next question is, if $10 million is going to bankrupt the fund then it's in pretty bad shape. Maybe we should stop treating any members for any AIDS related medical condition or maybe drop all cancer treatments as I'm sure they must be a big drain on the fund? What would the media say to that?

Now for the important news: More stars to appear at Obama's inauguration and two new gala ball's. Also more post Oscar coverage and more gala parties with more Hollywood Elitess Pusses to be put on the screen.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hollywood Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Locations for 'Hail, Caesar!' and 'Birth of a N... Feb '16 JANE 1
News A Hilarious Look At What It's Like To Have Your... (Dec '15) Dec '15 Mitt s Dog Crate ... 1
News Banned film resurfaces 90 years after San Franc... (Aug '11) Sep '14 USSLIBERTY 5
News Editorial | Commandments myth (Jan '10) May '13 Vivek Golikeri 3
News Western Legends Roundup - Part III (Oct '10) Apr '13 delora deville 4
News 'It's a Wonderful Life' movie starlet appears (Dec '12) Dec '12 Lili 1
News Michael Pitt joins Mary Pickford biopic, 'The F... (Sep '12) Sep '12 NANC 1
More from around the web