Rev. Malcolm Boyd: The Oscars: Just A...

Rev. Malcolm Boyd: The Oscars: Just Another Tawdry Trade Show?

There are 1 comment on the The Huffington Post story from Mar 5, 2012, titled Rev. Malcolm Boyd: The Oscars: Just Another Tawdry Trade Show?. In it, The Huffington Post reports that:

As a theologian and an Episcopal priest, I look at the Oscars from a particular point of view ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Huffington Post.

“... truth will out.”

Since: May 08

Stratford, Connecticut.

#1 Mar 5, 2012
from "The Huffington Post":

"In 1947 'The Bishop's Wife' appeared on the screen. The story deals with an Episcopal bishop whose impelling desire is to build a cathedral. To further his aim, he neglects his wife and children. An angel is sent to restore the bishop's vocational balance and the family's serenity. But the angel falls in love with the bishop's wife. David Niven portrayed the bishop, Loretta Young his wife, and Cary Grant the angel. A critic noted:'This is a development that may well have embarrassed God; it embarrassed me ...'"

... but today it doesn't embarass TEC.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hollywood Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Banned film resurfaces 90 years after San Franc... (Aug '11) Sep '14 USSLIBERTY 5
News Editorial | Commandments myth (Jan '10) May '13 Vivek Golikeri 3
News Western Legends Roundup - Part III (Oct '10) Apr '13 delora deville 4
News 'It's a Wonderful Life' movie starlet appears (Dec '12) Dec '12 Lili 1
News Michael Pitt joins Mary Pickford biopic, 'The F... (Sep '12) Sep '12 NANC 1
News Stanley: Can GOP's gonzo celebs help Romney? (Jul '12) Jul '12 RayOne 1
News MJ's Kids To Immortalize Dad's Footprints (Jan '12) Jan '12 Len is Disgusted 25
More from around the web