Race row erupts over casting of Angelina Jolie as Cleopatra

Jun 18, 2010 Full story: Freerepublic.com 2,620

She hasn't even been officially confirmed as having the role, but Angelina Jolie is already receiving criticism over her possible portrayal of the legendary Queen of the Nile.

Full Story
First Prev
of 131
Next Last

“some...you just can't reach”

Since: Jun 08

others...you don't want to

#2792 Jul 31, 2010
Tony17 wrote:
<quoted text>You have been weighed, measured and found lacking. Now you're here pitching a fit because I hurt your little feelings.
you are going to have to do a little better than quoting "a knights tale".....

just because it is YOU that lacks a suitable rebuttal....
does not make my feelings hurt....

the ONLY emotional response you illicit from me.....is pity for your innate stupidity.

i believe if you took a poll in here....RIGHT NOW....
you would find it is you that has been, as you so aptly put it...

weighed, measured and found lacking.

please read a book or two.....you obviously have no right to enjoy the internet it is far beyond the "mud hut" technology that you are used to.

just stick to rolling on dubs, scratching records, and boosting peoples wallets in the hood....

there i am sure....is where you are superior to the "knuckle draggin' cave dwelling snow apes" and their scary ideas that can be backed up with SCIENCE.....not ghetto rhetoric

try again......and please try not to quote movies, thinking it show's people you are clever...

it only further proves your low intelligence...

i truly look forward to another of you pathetic attempts...

thanks for playing.....come again

“some...you just can't reach”

Since: Jun 08

others...you don't want to

#2793 Jul 31, 2010
mikehuntusa wrote:
<quoted text>
i'm a woman. and you are an idiot.
this one is feisty....but not very smart is he?

it has been fun manipulating this little "puppet"
Black princes

Reading, UK

#2794 Jul 31, 2010
Angelina jolie is not a white women she is a black women who got vitligo like MJ.see how fat her lips are.......

“YESHUA IS LORD”

Since: Apr 07

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#2795 Jul 31, 2010
chuck69 wrote:
<quoted text>
you are going to have to do a little better than quoting "a knights tale".....
just because it is YOU that lacks a suitable rebuttal....
does not make my feelings hurt....
the ONLY emotional response you illicit from me.....is pity for your innate stupidity.
i believe if you took a poll in here....RIGHT NOW....
you would find it is you that has been, as you so aptly put it...
weighed, measured and found lacking.
please read a book or two.....you obviously have no right to enjoy the internet it is far beyond the "mud hut" technology that you are used to.
just stick to rolling on dubs, scratching records, and boosting peoples wallets in the hood....
there i am sure....is where you are superior to the "knuckle draggin' cave dwelling snow apes" and their scary ideas that can be backed up with SCIENCE.....not ghetto rhetoric
try again......and please try not to quote movies, thinking it show's people you are clever...
it only further proves your low intelligence...
i truly look forward to another of you pathetic attempts...
thanks for playing.....come again
Well my goodness,LOL. You have used just about every black stereotype there is to throw at me. And not one of them even comes close to describing me. You have implied that I'm uneducated but I happen to be a Nurse which many people consider a very lofty calling and an honorable profession.

You referred to me and MUD HUTS but I own three homes and one is appraised at 400 grand which I inherited from my father who was himself a surgeon before he expired. You have referred to me as "rolling on dubs" which I have no idea what the hell that means but I venture to guess that it refers to some type of souped up car. I happen to drive the new Buick Lacrosse 2010 which I paid cash for.

I also own a 2008 Cadillac CTS. As far as boosting peoples wallets, I make 60 bucks an hour as a member of a travel nurse agency and my parents left me very well off before they passed so I will be able to retire at the age of 55 and still be able to live as comfortably then as I do today. Now I'm not bragging about how financially well to do I am but I merely want to try and show your grossly ignorant ass that not all blacks are as broke as you are nor are all blacks committing crimes and robbing people. In other words I could probably buy and sell your low budget ass.

Now I know winning an argument is the most important thing to you even if you have to use every lie and stereotype in your repertoire to do so. Actually some of them were quite comical and demonstrated how desperate you are to win this debate. And seeing how desperately you were trying to win made me feel rather important. But I'm gonna do you a great favor. I will let you have the last word on this so you will have the feeling of superiority and think that you vanquished me and hence won the argument.

And the reason that I'm "allowing" you to have the last word is because I have been taught that a wise man that argues with a fool becomes a bigger fool than the fool. I refuse to be a bigger fool than you are so I'm ceasing this argument by letting you think you won. Now you may go ahead and let go with another of those verbal tirades that you use to stereotype all blacks with. LMAO

Since: Aug 08

Chitown

#2796 Aug 2, 2010
Tony17 wrote:
<quoted text>
I also own a 2008 Cadillac CTS. As far as boosting peoples wallets, I make 60 bucks an hour as a member of a travel nurse agency and my parents left me very well off before they passed so I will be able to retire at the age of 55 and still be able to live as comfortably then as I do today.
But you still can't read "good"
obscene troll

Longwood, FL

#2797 Aug 13, 2010
Well that explains it then your man's lookin for an excuse to swap you with another woman

http://rashmanly.wordpress.com/2008/08/11/107...

and this one

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/eur...
obscene troll

Longwood, FL

#2798 Aug 13, 2010
Disregard this post it was for someone else
Barros Serrano

Silver City, NM

#2799 Aug 13, 2010
Cleopatra was a HELLENE!
dreamhunk

Calgary, Canada

#2800 Aug 25, 2010
here is another great link

Jeff

Framingham, MA

#2801 Aug 25, 2010
dreamhunk wrote:
here is another great link
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =Xd2tD4z3WEMXX
Which has absolutely nothing to do with the fact that Cleopatra was neither Egyptian/'Kemetian', nor a Moor nor a whatever, but a European of GREEK origins, as her name and culture and ethnic identity clearly shows her to be.

“YESHUA IS LORD”

Since: Apr 07

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#2802 Aug 25, 2010
Cleopatra may indeed have been white because history tells us that she was as ugly as homemade sin. Therefore she must have been white,LOL. History records that she looked like a man and had a huge nose and was not known at all for her beauty. So if whites wish to claim her then y'all can have her,LOL.
EBP

Dayton, OH

#2803 Nov 11, 2010
Smokin Joe wrote:
Y'all are just dumb. Angelina has Black and Indian in her from her mother's side. Just look at her features. She ain't no regular White girl.
She does not have black in her and you know it. She has blue or blue/grey eyes and she had blonde hair when she was a child. Her blood children are also blond(e) headed. Her mother was French. Dark hair means nothing. Most blonde haired women are not even real blondes anyway. Blonde hair and light colored hair are mostly on caucasion children but their hair darkens as they get older. Angelina got her cheeks, jaw and lips from her blond headed father (not from her mother). Her lips will thin as she gets older (also like her father) unless she gets work done on them.

EBP

Since: Nov 10

Dayton, OH

#2804 Nov 11, 2010
Why are so many people trying to say Cleopatra was black? All the coins and bust with her image shows a white woman and she not pretty at all with her hook nose. Cleopatra was 100% Greek. People forget that Africa is a continent, not a country. You can't find Egyptian type of living and history anywhere else in Africa. You have to ask yourself why. Even Egyptians were not truelly black. Some had black blood and some or most did not. King Tut had such a little white nose. Nefertiti had a caucasion shaped nose and thin lips. She looks white. Take a look at a drawing found on the tomb of Seti 1. There were four races called Libyan, Nubian, Asiatic and Egyptian. Then compare the Nubian (black) people to the Egyptians. I am not racist at all. But I think people should be honest. They were what they were. You can't change what they were.
hahahaha

United States

#2805 Nov 11, 2010
Tony17 wrote:
Cleopatra may indeed have been white because history tells us that she was as ugly as homemade sin. Therefore she must have been white,LOL. History records that she looked like a man and had a huge nose and was not known at all for her beauty. So if whites wish to claim her then y'all can have her,LOL.
And if it was said that Cleopatra was beautiful, you blacks would hold on for dear life in claiming she was black because you need someone good looking to represent you since you're desperate to find even a halfway decent looking black woman in the ghetto! hahahaha! Too many fat, masculine, loud, ugly hoochie mommas you black men have to put up with, so you run, run far and look for fat white women who are desperate enough to lower even their stanards to be with SOMEone, even if it's a dumb DL thug ghetto boy. hahahaha! You black boys drool over mixed and latina women too, because they're not BLACK women! hahaha!
Beyonce, a mixed women even wished she was a LATINA! She settled for that thing you call Jay Z! Ew! Hahahahaha!

Whites are secure enough to accept Cleo as ugly, because we have way more beauties today to look at and show that Cleo was simply an exception to the rule. hahahaha!

Since: Aug 08

Chitown

#2806 Nov 11, 2010
EBP wrote:
Why are so many people trying to say Cleopatra was black? All the coins and bust with her image shows a white woman and she not pretty at all with her hook nose. Cleopatra was 100% Greek. People forget that Africa is a continent, not a country. You can't find Egyptian type of living and history anywhere else in Africa. You have to ask yourself why. Even Egyptians were not truelly black. Some had black blood and some or most did not. King Tut had such a little white nose. Nefertiti had a caucasion shaped nose and thin lips. She looks white. Take a look at a drawing found on the tomb of Seti 1. There were four races called Libyan, Nubian, Asiatic and Egyptian. Then compare the Nubian (black) people to the Egyptians. I am not racist at all. But I think people should be honest. They were what they were. You can't change what they were.
Standards of beauty change with time. Perhaps she was beautiful in her time.
ThirdRome

Seattle, WA

#2807 Apr 25, 2011
Race Row? clever BS title. To bad a handful of american loony tune blacks look for attention, cannot be considered a "race row".

The belief that Cleopatra or the Ancient Egyptians were Sub-Saharan Negros is the stuff of American Black fantasy.

Almost as absurd as those clowns in New York who dress up in $5 outfits claiming to be the Black Israelites.

Which is it? Are the Jews Black.. or are the Egyptians who expelled them in the Bible, Black?

These idiots cant make up their mind.

All boils down to the American Negro having an identity crisis. Fat american negro women buy those $9 plastic Sphinx heads at the local swapmeet... because they cant face the reality that their cultural identity since creation has been West African Mud huts.

Blacks are always trying to be white.. the women dye their hair blonde and wear blue eye contacts... skin whitening is a billion dollar industry.

Not surprised they want to be like Cleopatra.. the european queen of the ancient world.
jerry

United States

#2810 Oct 5, 2011
NUBIA BEDAWI wrote:
So do Americans have a live? both of you,white and black idiots? does it make sense to want to have Beyonce to act as Cleopatra do you think you are better than the idiots who want Angelina Jolie to act as Cleopatra? there are many Egyptians who are des
cendant of Greeks like Leila Eloui
that's not the point black don't force their way into Greek or European culture.so leave ours alone,get your own history and stop stealing everybody else's. Its that simple. That's like having Wesley snipes play Alexander the great,Europeans everywhere would lose it. Come lets be serious.
troll face

Telephone, TX

#2811 Jan 5, 2012
cleopatra sucked my meat stick
Mexiking

Long Beach, CA

#2812 Aug 28, 2012
mihuntusa wrote:
<quoted text>
yeah that was a fun website too bad it's gone.
No one ruled ask guan like i did.
Mexiking

Long Beach, CA

#2813 Aug 28, 2012
evenwhenilie wrote:
<quoted text> this may sound crazy to you, but I miss arguing with ako and others regardless of color, but I use to crush ako in debates...... He broke down and told me where is hate for blacks started!
i used to own u too...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 131
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

History Movies Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Sting, Tom Hanks among Kennedy Center honorees Sep 5 shakey 1
Actor Morgan Freeman smears Tea Party as racist... (Sep '11) Aug 27 swedenforever 633
Hudson Bureau Confidential: Recalling the Water... Aug '14 nomie 1
Hear the picture, see the sound Jul '14 and 15 kms below 1
Buzz Aldrin: Where were you when I walked on moon? Jul '14 Speedy Turtle 1
Is that really you, Keanu? Reeves looked more h... (Aug '10) Jul '14 Suzanne 8
Anurag Kashyap: I don't work in groups; will fi... Jul '14 Anonymous 2
•••
•••

History Movies People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••