Sandra Bullock - Sandra Bullock Has Dinner with Keanu

Oct 27, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: ContactMusic.com

Sandra Bullock and Keanu Reeves enjoyed an ''intimate dinner'' together at Beverly Hills restaurant Craig's last night but left separately to avoid being photographed together.

Comments
1 - 20 of 20 Comments Last updated Nov 2, 2011

“Dum Di Dum”

Since: Oct 09

Location hidden

#1 Oct 31, 2011
An "intimate" dinner. Wondering, how this could have been an intimate dinner. Certainly the only way the story could be sold...I mean, would so many people read it, if the title would be "2 good friends met and had some fun/good time together? But following this article editor, this would mean, that I did sleep/had something with more than 50 men as I met them for dinner too. Ridiculous...

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#2 Oct 31, 2011
Ridiculous?
no, headline ;)
Cindy

Greenville, SC

#3 Oct 31, 2011
And I believe that it is situations like this that makes Mr. Reeves dislike the media even more...
Artemismoon

San Jose, CA

#4 Oct 31, 2011
They are so tricky. They insinuate just enough to be suggestive, but not enough to get sued.

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#5 Nov 1, 2011
I just hope it's more than catching up with an old friend, wouldn't it be wonderful if they did another movie without waiting for another 12 years? Since Cherly was also there, I would like to think that they were also discussing future projects, fingers crossed!

“Dum Di Dum”

Since: Oct 09

Location hidden

#6 Nov 1, 2011
friedgreentomatoes wrote:
I just hope it's more than catching up with an old friend, wouldn't it be wonderful if they did another movie without waiting for another 12 years?
Agree! Let's keep the fingers crossed

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#8 Nov 2, 2011
Cindy wrote:
And I believe that it is situations like this that makes Mr. Reeves dislike the media even more...
Situations like what? Being photographed outside a famous restaurant popular with industry bigwigs?

K is a pro, he knows the score, he knew he'd be photographed. The point was to be photographed. He and Bullock have movies coming out so they need to get their faces in the news as much as possible. They have the same manager and agent, this was completely business.

That was the reason for the stupid picture as Travis Bickle in Vanity Fair, which does his career no good whatever, IMO. Gotta get the face seen all over. Ronin is opening late next year - the public forgets very quickly.

The papp who followed Reeves to the hospice an hour outside LA and stalked him was going outside the red lines. He should have been arrested and Reeves was right not to settle with the louse. Glad he won his case.

But being photographed outside Craig's in Beverly Hills is all part of the game.

Learn something, Cindy.
justpassingby

Netherlands

#9 Nov 2, 2011
@lilithelisheva

Not the fact that he is photographed, although I'm sure he doesn't like that either, but the immediate speculations that he is romantically involved with whoever he's photographged with.

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#10 Nov 2, 2011
justpassingby wrote:
@lilithelisheva
Not the fact that he is photographed, although I'm sure he doesn't like that either, but the immediate speculations that he is romantically involved with whoever he's photographged with.
I see no reason why that should bother him. Like I said, all part of the game.

People who contribute to this board and to Keanu sites are for the most part not capable of rational thought or objectivity so I have to repeat:

Craig's is a known HW bigwig hangout. If you want an intimate dinner, go somewhere else. And someone here said that his publicist was part of the dinner. How is that intimate? It isn't.

When Keanu's space IS invaded, such as what happened in 2008 when he visited a sick relative & a papp followed him, he has my total sympathy. Not when he has a fake intimate dinner with the publicist he shares with his stablemate.

“"Daddy's coming"”

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#11 Nov 2, 2011
lilithelisheva wrote:
<quoted text>
I see no reason why that should bother him. Like I said, all part of the game.
People who contribute to this board and to Keanu sites are for the most part not capable of rational thought or objectivity so I have to repeat:
Craig's is a known HW bigwig hangout. If you want an intimate dinner, go somewhere else. And someone here said that his publicist was part of the dinner. How is that intimate? It isn't.
When Keanu's space IS invaded, such as what happened in 2008 when he visited a sick relative & a papp followed him, he has my total sympathy. Not when he has a fake intimate dinner with the publicist he shares with his stablemate.
..is that what my challenge is[?]..I'm incapable of rational thought or objectivity? Thank you for clarifying me in one simple sentence. That is so very kind of you. Eh, I'm gonna go get some coffee and smoke a doobie, maybe then I'll think straight..hahaha!

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#12 Nov 2, 2011
lilithelisheva wrote:
<quoted text>
Situations like what? Being photographed outside a famous restaurant popular with industry bigwigs?
K is a pro, he knows the score, he knew he'd be photographed. The point was to be photographed. He and Bullock have movies coming out so they need to get their faces in the news as much as possible. They have the same manager and agent, this was completely business.
That was the reason for the stupid picture as Travis Bickle in Vanity Fair, which does his career no good whatever, IMO. Gotta get the face seen all over. Ronin is opening late next year - the public forgets very quickly.
The papp who followed Reeves to the hospice an hour outside LA and stalked him was going outside the red lines. He should have been arrested and Reeves was right not to settle with the louse. Glad he won his case.
But being photographed outside Craig's in Beverly Hills is all part of the game.
Learn something, Cindy.
I agree with you. It's nasty to follow someone out of town and photograph them when they are vulnerable. And yeah, Craig's is a place you go to be photographed strategically. Every actor knows that. That's why he wore his extra-special black t-shirt, or was it dark gray?

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#13 Nov 2, 2011
I didn't like the picture in VF either. The movie was a classic, but re-enacting the scene with a 14 year old model and a 47 year old actor (I think DeNiro was in his 30s in the film) gave me a bad taste in my mouth.
yelenav

Duffel, Belgium

#14 Nov 2, 2011
Of course. He is a big boy.And he is long enough in the business, to know the gamerules.Sometimes he follows, sometimes not.He plays the game with more or les success. His mother and at least the half of her husbands also turned around in the business, so, even as a teenager he should understand - if you choose for this job, the price of succes is that you became some kind of public possession.He seemed to be ready to pay it. Well, it is not the same, to understand it in your mind as a common truth and to get it felt on your skin by own experience. And, it is not the same, to be ready to pay and to be happy with the price.I paid 170 euro for treintikcets to London, because I badly wished to go, not because I like the price!
yelenav

Duffel, Belgium

#15 Nov 2, 2011
Queen OneEightyTwo wrote:
<quoted text>
..is that what my challenge is[?]..I'm incapable of rational thought or objectivity? Thank you for clarifying me in one simple sentence. That is so very kind of you. Eh, I'm gonna go get some coffee and smoke a doobie, maybe then I'll think straight..hahaha!
Oh, Your Majesty! Many years ago, in the blessed time of my innocent youth, I knew a cildren poem. Actually, it was translation from English, but if I'll retranslat it back, you, probably, couldn't recognize it. I remember only this :"Where was you, Pussycat?- By Queen of England.- And what have you seen at The Court?- I've seen... little maus on the carpet " That's what I call relativity-lesson.Someone sees crown jewels, someone -mauses . Who is the judge to condemn our (dis)abilities?
And , by the way, is there something delicious by the coffee?Nothing can be better than good dark chocolate for clarifing of our soul and mind, if You would ask me.
Cindy

Greenville, SC

#16 Nov 2, 2011
Yelenav, thank you for reiterating the obvious...
Lilithelisheva, I believe it is you that misinterpreted...the "type of thing" that I was referring to was that it was a meal shared with their manager or agent, left separately and it is being called a intimate dinner.
It is people like you, that cannot give their opinion without personal attack or snide remarks that makes this site irritating; however, I will ignore you and your like because there are so many more wonderful people that far outweigh the likes of you.

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#17 Nov 2, 2011
Cindy wrote:
Yelenav, thank you for reiterating the obvious...
Lilithelisheva, I believe it is you that misinterpreted...the "type of thing" that I was referring to was that it was a meal shared with their manager or agent, left separately and it is being called a intimate dinner.
It is people like you, that cannot give their opinion without personal attack or snide remarks that makes this site irritating; however, I will ignore you and your like because there are so many more wonderful people that far outweigh the likes of you.
Well, your sentence structure wasn't clear about the nature of the "type of thing." In any case, I still don't see why Reeves would be annoyed by the press referring to his dinner w/Bullock as "intimate." What word should they use? Impersonal?

How should the press describe this? "Sandra Bullock and Keanu Reeves, both of whom are managed by the same man, and who share an agent and a publicist, were joined by the latter at a famous Beverly Hills watering hole, frequented by prominent industry players. Afterwards, papparazzi photographed both stars, which was the point of the whole exercise."

I stand up for Keanu when I think it's warranted, as in the case of the outrageous, rude, intrusive stalking by the papp outside the medical facility. Not when he's just playin the old playa game.

Pity you can't tell the difference and you react like a hurt baby when someone points out your naivete.

“"Daddy's coming"”

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#18 Nov 2, 2011
Cindy wrote:
Yelenav, thank you for reiterating the obvious...
Lilithelisheva, I believe it is you that misinterpreted...the "type of thing" that I was referring to was that it was a meal shared with their manager or agent, left separately and it is being called a intimate dinner.
It is people like you, that cannot give their opinion without personal attack or snide remarks that makes this site irritating; however, I will ignore you and your like because there are so many more wonderful people that far outweigh the likes of you.
Just checking..[Queen raises her Scepter]..I never said they were dating did I? I thought that maybe way back when during "Speed" they may have spent time, nothing recent. Oh my is that why everyone is all up in the air? Until I see him Walk the Isle, he is fair game...lol! Am just sayin, it really doesn't matter who he goes where with, it is his/their business. I'm just happy he's still on the planet, doing what he loves!:]

“"Daddy's coming"”

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#19 Nov 2, 2011
yelenav wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, Your Majesty! Many years ago, in the blessed time of my innocent youth, I knew a cildren poem. Actually, it was translation from English, but if I'll retranslat it back, you, probably, couldn't recognize it. I remember only this :"Where was you, Pussycat?- By Queen of England.- And what have you seen at The Court?- I've seen... little maus on the carpet " That's what I call relativity-lesson.Someone sees crown jewels, someone -mauses . Who is the judge to condemn our (dis)abilities?
And , by the way, is there something delicious by the coffee?Nothing can be better than good dark chocolate for clarifing of our soul and mind, if You would ask me.
I think I follow.."Touching a hot pan..a minute can seem like an hour. Touching a hot body..an hour can seem like a minute"..I'm quoting the HAWT and Sexy LL Cool J, from the movie "Deep Blue Sea". "I Represent Queen, I was raised out in Brooklyn..". Anywho, yes "Beauty is in the Eye of the Beholder", cuz "One Man's Junk is Another Man's Treasure". Let us all remember one thing about The Man..he is the Master of Misdirection...only way sometimes, that he can buy himself some freedom..in my humble opinion. As for the coffee, it is instant..:], nothing special and yes, a chocolate pastry would be lovely, croissant with jam and cheeze. Ahh dang, now I'm getting hungry!

As for dinner, sound like him to multi-task..wish them all the best I do!
Cindy

Greenville, SC

#20 Nov 2, 2011
" Pity you can't tell the difference and you react like a hurt baby when someone points out your naivete."

A possible alternative would have been for you to ask that I clarify my statement. Believe me, you did not hurt my feelings and I am thicker skinned than that - hope you are not disappointed. I am simply irritated that your point could not be made without a snide comment. Now, enough of this, move on...

“#'64”

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#21 Nov 2, 2011
lilithelisheva wrote:
<quoted text>

How should the press describe this?
"Keanu Reeves and Sandra Bullock enjoyed a business dinner at a famous seen and be seen Beverly Hills' Establishment toight, called "Criag's". Papparazzi photographed Sandra Bullock and Keanu Reeves, both of whom are managed by the same establishment/agent, as they exited separately."
&#8776;

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

History Movies Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Actor Morgan Freeman smears Tea Party as racist... (Sep '11) Wed swedenforever 633
Hudson Bureau Confidential: Recalling the Water... Aug 11 nomie 1
Hear the picture, see the sound Jul '14 and 15 kms below 1
Buzz Aldrin: Where were you when I walked on moon? Jul '14 Speedy Turtle 1
Is that really you, Keanu? Reeves looked more h... (Aug '10) Jul '14 Suzanne 8
Anurag Kashyap: I don't work in groups; will fi... Jul '14 Anonymous 2
Ruby Dee's legacy of activism, acting mourned Jun '14 amw 3
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

History Movies People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••