Liam Neeson admits Islam has 'got into his spirit' and he's considering converting

Jan 25, 2012 Full story: Independent.ie 8

HE famously played a cleric in Cal, and was named after a priest, but Liam Neeson has admitted he is now considering converting to Islam.

Full Story
more truth

Tallahassee, FL

#1 Jan 25, 2012
More headlines when he leaves
Pawn-King-Nine

Concord, CA

#2 Jan 25, 2012
He said: "The Call to Prayer happens five times a day and for the first week it drives you crazy, and then it just gets into your spirit and it's the most beautiful, beautiful thing.

"There are 4,000 mosques in the city. Some are just stunning and it really makes me think about becoming a Muslim."

???

Does that sound like he's really thinking about converting to Islam?

Strange that I hear it daily when I was in Malaysia and I only got more fedup as I grow older.... maybe Malays just doesn't know how to recite properly.
Islam worst nightmare

Israel

#3 Jan 26, 2012
That Liam guy is empty head, he likes to join a Sado Mazo club and Islam is best place you can fuch little girls, beat your women and all formal and legit
Faith

New Baltimore, MI

#4 Jan 26, 2012
He's Irish. Don't pay any attention. In a few days, he will sober up and be Catholic again.

Since: Sep 09

Location hidden

#5 Jan 26, 2012
I read the interview, he said the loud speakers calling people to prayer five times aday became an expected thing, he became more comfortable with it the longer he was there, he respected the dedication and the prayers he watched. He said he considered it, he did not say he did it. He will not do it, he is a Catholic, his wife died last year, she was a Catholic, all his children are Catholic....he wants to see them one day in the heaven he has always believed in...he will not convert.
Sam

Cairo, Egypt

#6 Jan 29, 2012
All moslems pray that Liam will accept Islam.

Since: Apr 12

United States

#8 Jan 14, 2015
Pawn-King-Nine wrote:
He said: "The Call to Prayer happens five times a day and for the first week it drives you crazy, and then it just gets into your spirit and it's the most beautiful, beautiful thing.
"There are 4,000 mosques in the city. Some are just stunning and it really makes me think about becoming a Muslim."
???
Does that sound like he's really thinking about converting to Islam?
No, of course not! It was just muslim's wishful thinking.

"Liam Neeson refutes rumors he considered converting to Islam"

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/goss...

The "Taken 3" star confirmed he has no plans to leave his Roman Catholic beliefs despite reports that he considered converting to Islam while filming in Turkey.

Neeson set the record straight at the "Taken 3" premiere Monday night in Dubai.

"No, I'm not converting," Neeson said in an interview with Al Arabiya News.

The original conversion rumors first came about in a 2012 The Sun article, and were recently resurfaced by The Daily Mail.

In the interview, the Oscar nominee told The Sun that during his time filming "Taken 2" in Turkey the Islamic prayer "got him into the spirit."

"The call to prayer happens five times a day, and for the first week, it drives you crazy, and then it just gets into your spirit, and it's the most beautiful, beautiful thing. There are 4,000 mosques in the city. Some are just stunning, and it really makes me think about becoming a Muslim," Neeson reportedly told The Sun.

The 62-year-old clarified to Al Arabiya News that he did not have a religious awakening, but rather learned to enjoy the Islamic prayer, which "was an annoyance because it was waking me up. But later I looked forward to it every day."

Pawn-King-Nine wrote:
Strange that I hear it daily when I was in Malaysia and I only got more fedup as I grow older.... maybe Malays just doesn't know how to recite properly.

Since: Aug 14

Location hidden

#10 Jan 15, 2015
And why is this news? A great actor, many enjoyable films. Not interested if he's Wicca, Muslim or Catholic.

lol...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

History Movies Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
5 movies to watch during Black History Month Feb 18 Big Knob 3
Oscar noms Strathairn and McDonnell star in 'Ch... Feb 10 princess12 1
Actor Morgan Freeman smears Tea Party as racist... (Sep '11) Jan '15 swedenforever 637
Frontera Dec '14 William 1
God is in the details on the silver screen Dec '14 boSquad1996 1
God gave this land to them Dec '14 Trunketeer 2
Famous Irish Names: Michael Collins (Sep '09) Dec '14 Lawrence James co... 59
More from around the web