Cary Grant's daughter gives birth to ... Cary Benjamin Grant

Aug 24, 2008 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The TV Guy

There will never be another Cary Grant. But there is a grandchild who will carry the name Cary Grant.

Comments
21 - 40 of 43 Comments Last updated Monday
Karen R

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 19, 2011

Judged:

HI DELPHI!!! If you are agreeable,..I'd love to hear from you! I have opened a new E-mail account. Hope you don't mind,...but I called it: delphiconnection@hotmail.ca Hoping to hear from you soon!!(: Karen R.
Karen Robicheau

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 25, 2011

Judged:

Hi Delphi!!! I did a little research on John Waynes children,...he has 3 sons and 3 daughters. One son, ETHAN,... and his 2 sisters (John's 3 youngest children), from his third marriage to "Pilar Pallet Wayne" (now Pilar Upchurch). Is Pilar your mother? When were you born? And if you don't mind my asking,..how is it you came to live in Australia? I hope you don't mind my questions! And I look forward to your response!(:
karen

Pasadena, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 26, 2011

CG would have been happy to have other children & would have acknowledged them, there are no other children.If Karen R is willing to come on here & say she is the daughter of CG why isn't she willing to prove it ?? Surely its something she is proud of??
Please let him RIP
Francesca

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2011

Judged:

I am Cary Grant's mother. I have come back to meet all of my grandchildren and great grandchildren at the Grant Family Reunion. Date and time TBD. I am booking space at Graumans for this BIG event!
Karen R

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 21, 2011

I don't want to be unkind,..but Cary's mother's name,... was Not Francesca! And I haven't heard that she was "raised from the dead" either!(:
Joei

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 21, 2011

Wow, there are some real daffy people. Karen R. U are being made fun of. Delph is funny especially with the John Wayne brother. Karen enjoy the warmth of your real father if you know who he is, don't fanticize about being a celebrity spawn, and why CG, maybe,you are the child of John Wayne and Delph is your step sister. Personally, my celebrity father pick would be Frank Sinatra. Rose on Golden Girls wanted her uycelebrity father to be Bob Hope. Hey everyone, who would you want for your celebrity father? But I am blessed that I had a real nice biological father that I had a good relationship with and fond memories. God bless everyone...
Joei

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 21, 2011

Typed this on my phone. When u read the above delete the 'uy' before celebrity... Sorry.
Natalie Grant

Bedworth, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 14, 2011

Hi, I'm Natalie Grant, one of Cary Grant's many daughters LOL! These comments are great! All of a sudden Cary had another daughter, oh please give me a break! If indeed Cary had another daughter, besides his beloved Jennifer, he would have done something about it.
Karen R

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 15, 2011

Judged:

Joei wrote:
Wow, there are some real daffy people. Karen R. U are being made fun of. Delph is funny especially with the John Wayne brother. Karen enjoy the warmth of your real father if you know who he is, don't fanticize about being a celebrity spawn, and why CG, maybe,you are the child of John Wayne and Delph is your step sister. Personally, my celebrity father pick would be Frank Sinatra. Rose on Golden Girls wanted her uycelebrity father to be Bob Hope. Hey everyone, who would you want for your celebrity father? But I am blessed that I had a real nice biological father that I had a good relationship with and fond memories. God bless everyone...
The FACT is......He did DO something!I was named as his daughter in a will! I did NOT believe it at the time! The famous are just human like you and I. Some people get involved with others.. they never SHOULD have in the first place, and CHILDREN RESULT...simple AND true! It astounds me, that, people THINK it's so hard for a famous person to sleep around when in fact their fame DRAWS women, and their money allows alot of travel...and MEETING Women!!!(Therefore Opprtunity) Also,..you shouldn't be calling people Daffy...and saying God Bless at the same time. And PLEASE leave Delphi alone she hasn't hurt you! A little Kindness goes a LOOOONG Way!(: Best Wishes to You!!!!
J Thomas

Springfield, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 26, 2011

Judged:

Karen - Why don't you take a DNA test? Have you been in contact with Jennifer Grant? I think it is beyond strange that you would want to change your children's name after seeing what she named her child. She had a close relationship with her Father. This topic was supposed to be about Jennifer Grant and somehow you made it about yourself.
J Thomas

Springfield, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 26, 2011

Why has no one heard of him having another daughter?
J Thomas

Springfield, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 26, 2011

Judged:

Cary Grant Will Leaves Bulk of Estate to His Widow, Daughter
December 04, 1986|CATHLEEN DECKER | Times Staff Writer

The late actor Cary Grant left the bulk of his estate to his widow, Barbara Harris Grant, and his only child, 20-year-old Jennifer, according to terms of his will filed in Santa Monica Probate Court on Wednesday.

Grant, celebrated for his wit and charm during a career that spanned generations, died Saturday night in Davenport, Iowa, of a massive stroke. He was 82.

His will gave his four-acre Beverly Hills estate and its contents to his wife, whom Grant married in 1981. She also will receive half of the remainder of his personal estate.

The other half will be held in trust for his daughter, born during Grant's marriage to actress Dyan Cannon. Jennifer Grant will receive the income from the trust until she is 30, when she will gain access to half of the principal, attorney Jay J. Stein said. The remainder will be turned over to her when she reaches 35, Stein said.

Grant asked in the will, signed Nov. 26, 1984, that the value of the estate be described only as "in excess of $10,000." A full accounting of the estate, which will be filed in Probate Court, is expected to take several months, Stein said.

Grant's will also stipulated several cash awards. Among them was a $100,000 bequest to his longtime bookkeeper, Joseph Marin; $50,000 to the Motion Picture Relief Fund; $25,000 to Variety Arts International, and $20,000 to the John Tracy Clinic for hearing-impaired children.

The actor asked that his personal effects be distributed to family and friends, including his wife and daughter; long-time attorney Stanley E. Fox; singer Frank Sinatra; Grant's third wife, Betsy Drake; director Stanley Donen; financier Kirk Kerkorian, and Hollywood Park managing partner Marjorie L. Everett.
Sandra

Norfolk, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2012

Judged:

No one knows if Cary Grant had other children or not, since they weren't there.
magnolia

Stow, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

KarenR
noone believes you
you are giving people here a lot of plausible explanations and scenarios to show you are who you say you are (its "possible" cg had an affair and "possible" he had a secret child).
it just doesnt ring true.
it must be nice living in a fantasy world. a lot easier than facing reality.
shellylou

Moraga, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2013

The pastor of our parish, Rev. Cyril Leach, was a dead ringer for Cary Grant. People always remarked on his uncanny resemblance. This was 40 years ago when I was a young girl until my twenties. I did not know then that Cary Grant's real name was Archibald Leach. Did Mr. Grant he have any relatives living in California? He would have been about 10-20 years younger than Mr. Grant. Just a thought!
Skeptical

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 26, 2013

Please get professional help. There are a lot of medications that may make your life a better place to be and assist you with reality. It may surprise you to find out who you really are.
Sherron

Winston Salem, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 3, 2013

Super Shocked wrote:
<quoted text>
I also live in Cincinnati Ohio and would love to talk with you sometime. My great-grandmother was a second cousin to Archibald Alexander Leach(Cary Grant)I am told, her name was Trixie Leach. I would love to know more about the real him.
You're an American? You sound like one of those crazy middle Eastern men! You for sure are a male chauvinist PIG!!
Sherron

Winston Salem, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 3, 2013

shellylou wrote:
The pastor of our parish, Rev. Cyril Leach, was a dead ringer for Cary Grant. People always remarked on his uncanny resemblance. This was 40 years ago when I was a young girl until my twenties. I did not know then that Cary Grant's real name was Archibald Leach. Did Mr. Grant he have any relatives living in California? He would have been about 10-20 years younger than Mr. Grant. Just a thought!
Remember Loretta Young had a daughter by Clark Cable. That just surfaced about five years ago. You never know.
Jazzy grandma

Fort Washington, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 27, 2013

Yep....I'm a daughter too & my mother was black! Do you think ole Cary would have acknowledged a mulatto child? O yeah, my other parent was frank Sinatra...he & old Archie were lovers. Didn't know Sinatra was black & a woman on top of that! Well, it just goes to show you that alot of stars have alot of secrets, which is totally the opposite of how the rest of us humans operate. Get over yourselves would you please? when did God die & leave us in charge of judging other people & their lives?
Anne

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 23, 2013

Yes. Distant cousins.
Ian Taylor wrote:
Hi,
Looking for Archie Leach AKA Cary Grant relations in the US . My great grandmothers sister Married into the Kingdon Family they had a daughter Elsie Kingdon , she Married Elias Leach . They had one son Archie Leach my cousin . A few of the Leach family in the UK any in the US .

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent His Girl Friday Discussions

Search the His Girl Friday Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Remembering one of Cary Grant's funniest films (Jul '07) Jan '10 megan 2
Only Angels Have Wings Review (Sep '06) Mar '07 Keith 2
•••
•••
•••