Isle passenger lists from 1900s go on...

Isle passenger lists from 1900s go online - Hawaii Business

There are 11 comments on the Honolulu Star-Bulletin story from Oct 7, 2009, titled Isle passenger lists from 1900s go online - Hawaii Business. In it, Honolulu Star-Bulletin reports that:

It's now possible to find out about people who came to Hawaii in the first half of the 20th century.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Honolulu Star-Bulletin.

Sue

Kihei, HI

#1 Oct 7, 2009
Wonder if they're going to expand to later '50s. My husband has been wanting to find someone who passed through Hawaii with his family in 1958.
djs

Honolulu, HI

#2 Oct 7, 2009
Sue wrote:
Wonder if they're going to expand to later '50s. My husband has been wanting to find someone who passed through Hawaii with his family in 1958.
honolulu ship passenger records are also at the state archives down by iolani palace. try call and ask what date ranges they have.
Spied

Waipahu, HI

#3 Oct 7, 2009
Consider all the private data being collected on YOU that may be disclosed to your nosy neighbors, or to businesses that want to induce you to spend money with them, or to government which wants to be sure you ain't misbehavin'.
Scary Facts

AOL

#4 Oct 7, 2009
Spied wrote:
Consider all the private data being collected on YOU that may be disclosed to your nosy neighbors, or to businesses that want to induce you to spend money with them, or to government which wants to be sure you ain't misbehavin'.
You are right on all points - what people really don't know is Ancestry.com is owned by the Mormon Church making it even a scarier situation!
Bob

AOL

#5 Oct 7, 2009
How do we get this information?
Realist

Waianae, HI

#6 Oct 7, 2009
Most of these people were dragged on plantation slave boats to grow sugar cane and pick pineapples before they got edumucated.

Are they listed?

"Go down...Moses....uh-way dannnnwn in Eeeegypt lahund."
Realist

Waianae, HI

#7 Oct 7, 2009
Bob wrote:
It's a mystery my child....a mystery.
alice

United States

#8 Oct 7, 2009
djs wrote:
<quoted text>
honolulu ship passenger records are also at the state archives down by iolani palace. try call and ask what date ranges they have.
cool..I came from North dakota on United.

Asians did very well in Hawaii. They came with nothign and passed up the "natives" in one generation. We are still blamed for our success.
djs

Honolulu, HI

#9 Oct 7, 2009
Bob wrote:
go to www.ancestry.com

some of their database are free but most require you to pay a subscription. Different rates for different sets of databases.
alice

United States

#10 Oct 7, 2009
cool

Since: Sep 08

Honolulu

#11 Oct 10, 2009
alice wrote:
<quoted text>cool..I came from North dakota on United.
Asians did very well in Hawaii. They came with nothign and passed up the "natives" in one generation. We are still blamed for our success.
we don't care where you came from, Only when are you going back.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hawaii Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
....WOW......Food....Factor..... (Aug '11) Apr '12 paul shykora arts 2
News An artist's Soul - Hawaii Features (Jun '09) Apr '11 paul shykora arts 4
News John Cullum, Samantha Ross and Amy Warren Join ... (Jan '09) Aug '10 Mikulas 2
News Fit to meet the Queen - Hawaii Features (Dec '09) Dec '09 no_need 4
News Ka Loko settlement is reached - Hawaii News (Oct '09) Oct '09 Lady NInja 11
News A seed with the suna s love: Amanda McBroom (Jul '09) Jul '09 HellerCarbonCapNT... 1
More from around the web