'Gun Hill Road' :: Family dynamics, 2...

'Gun Hill Road' :: Family dynamics, 21st century style

There are 12 comments on the EDGE story from Jul 11, 2011, titled 'Gun Hill Road' :: Family dynamics, 21st century style. In it, EDGE reports that:

Part tough street film and part sensitive gay character study, Gun Hill Road offers a complex and insightful portrait of a family divided told from the perspective of the classic father-son dysfunctional narrative.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at EDGE.

Frank Stanton

New York, NY

#1 Jul 11, 2011
WOW !

I know Gun Hill Rd. I been up and down Gun Hill Road more times than I can count in the past 30 years.

“The Buybull is innerrrent.”

Since: Jun 08

Parksley, VA

#2 Jul 11, 2011
Where's the Shut Up Cretin-Lawrooshite icon?
NY Gay

Ocala, FL

#4 Jul 12, 2011
Frank Stanton wrote:
WOW !
I know Gun Hill Rd. I been up and down Gun Hill Road more times than I can count in the past 30 years.
If it's the road in the Bronx, I have passed it quite often as well.
Frank Stanton

New York, NY

#5 Jul 12, 2011
NY Gay wrote:
<quoted text> If it's the road in the Bronx, I have passed it quite often as well.
For many years, I wold do some work over at Montefiore Hospital every few months.

Hey, you ever been to City Island ?(They made a move called that too.)

“The Buybull is innerrrent.”

Since: Jun 08

Silver Spring, MD

#6 Jul 12, 2011
In the racist, pedo, imo, Daniel from LI case, "work at the hospital every few months," means donating blood to support a q'lude and beer habit.
Lilith

San Jose, CA

#7 Jul 13, 2011
Catherine, my best friend, is announcing her wedding with a multi-millionaire young man Ronald, who is the CEO of a MNC.What's more interesting? The pair met at a high class millionaire dating club ---www.WEALTHYCHATS.CoM---, which is noted for the high quality of its members and its friendly atmosphere. However, you don't have to be rich to join them, as you will be able to meet someone rich. Enjoy it!
NY Gay

Mooresville, IN

#8 Jul 13, 2011
Frank Stanton wrote:
<quoted text>
For many years, I wold do some work over at Montefiore Hospital every few months.
Hey, you ever been to City Island ?(They made a move called that too.)
Yeah, it's totally awesome. It's like a New England seaport village right in New York City!
Frank Stanton

New York, NY

#9 Jul 13, 2011
NY Gay wrote:
<quoted text> Yeah, it's totally awesome. It's like a New England seaport village right in New York City!
Yeah. I was really shocked the first time I went to City Island. I was doing a job that day on High Island, which, if you're familiar with City Island, is only accessible from City Island, and it was like being in Southampton. I had no idea there was anything like that in The Bronx.

I have been going out th Southampton since I was a kid in the early 60's, but had never been to City Island til the late 80's.

But, if it was up to me, I rather live in Brooklyn Heights or another nice section of Brooklyn or Queens.

I'm glad I went there though. It's such a unique place in The City of New York.(The bridge to High Island was scary. LOL)
Frank Stanton

New York, NY

#10 Jul 13, 2011
You can go on Google Earth to look at City Island, High Island and the "Scary Bridge".

City Island = 40°50'48.55"N, 73°47'14.99"W

High Island = 40°51'34.98"N, 73°47'8.09"W

Scary Bridge = 40°51'30.56"N, 73°47'15.56"W
NY Gay

Mooresville, IN

#11 Jul 13, 2011
Frank Stanton wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah. I was really shocked the first time I went to City Island. I was doing a job that day on High Island, which, if you're familiar with City Island, is only accessible from City Island, and it was like being in Southampton. I had no idea there was anything like that in The Bronx.
I have been going out th Southampton since I was a kid in the early 60's, but had never been to City Island til the late 80's.
But, if it was up to me, I rather live in Brooklyn Heights or another nice section of Brooklyn or Queens.
I'm glad I went there though. It's such a unique place in The City of New York.(The bridge to High Island was scary. LOL)
Wasn't there a big antenna on that island? I know that the City Island real estate can get quite expensive.
Frank Stanton

New York, NY

#12 Jul 13, 2011
NY Gay wrote:
<quoted text> Wasn't there a big antenna on that island? I know that the City Island real estate can get quite expensive.
Yes. WCBS owned the antenna there at one time. That's why I went to High Island a few times to do some service work on the CO2 system there.

The antenna is still there (you can see it clearly on Google Earth if you go to the gps coordinates I provdied above), but WCBS sold it, and I don't know who owns it now or what it's used for.

There's a single residential house on High Island that was the caretaker's residence, I believe.

The "scary bridge" to High Island is just a boardwalk, about 12 feet above the water, with NO guardrails or ANYTHING to stop you from driving off the edge of the boardalk. The only boardwalks I had seen til then were strictly pedestrian, so I mistakenly thought that that bridge was pedestrian only also, but it's not.

High Island might be a nice place to live.
NY Gay

Ruskin, FL

#13 Jul 16, 2011
Frank Stanton wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes. WCBS owned the antenna there at one time. That's why I went to High Island a few times to do some service work on the CO2 system there.
The antenna is still there (you can see it clearly on Google Earth if you go to the gps coordinates I provdied above), but WCBS sold it, and I don't know who owns it now or what it's used for.
There's a single residential house on High Island that was the caretaker's residence, I believe.
The "scary bridge" to High Island is just a boardwalk, about 12 feet above the water, with NO guardrails or ANYTHING to stop you from driving off the edge of the boardalk. The only boardwalks I had seen til then were strictly pedestrian, so I mistakenly thought that that bridge was pedestrian only also, but it's not.
High Island might be a nice place to live.
There are a few other islands in that area as well that I passed when I was boating in the LI Sound. There is an old military installation on one of them called Fort Slocum, right near New Rochelle.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

More from around the web