Brian De Palma's need to know more

Brian De Palma's need to know more

There are 1 comment on the Los Angeles Times story from Nov 1, 2007, titled Brian De Palma's need to know more. In it, Los Angeles Times reports that:

“I think it has to do with the fact that nobody's seen any images from the war. I mean, if you go on the Net you can find them. But if you don't look for them, you don't know they exist.”

'I>'VE hardly ever been in step with much,' Brian De Palma said at a recent New York Film Festival media conference for his new movie, 'Redacted,' and that offhand remark sums up his career as well as anything. via Los Angeles Times

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Los Angeles Times.

Jason 0716

Houston, TX

#1 Dec 3, 2007
It seems to me that without ever interviewing any soldiers, sailors, marines or airmen that have served in the Iraq war, Brian Depalma has provided a blanket summation of the entire conflict. I guess the 200,000 veterans of the war including all their families and all the government agencies and their families, plus all the veterans from past wars and their families and friends were never considered moviegoers by Brian De Palma or Mark Cuban. Now I can only draw one conclusion from that. Everyone at all levels of Government in America is completely retarded, or one over-privileged billionaire and one Has-been hollywood director have some gifted insight. You make the call?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Greetings Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Actor's Collection Now Open To Public At UT (Apr '09) Apr '09 Dawn Hoskey 1
News 'Redacted' (Brian DePalma's documentary-style I... (Nov '07) Nov '07 castra regina 2
News Creating Shocks for Shocks' Sake Lessens 'Redac... (Nov '07) Nov '07 KingArthurUP 4
More from around the web