Clint Eastwood's `Gran Torino' tops box office

Hollywood legend Clint Eastwood has had the best movie opening of his career. 'Gran Torino' revved up the winter box office with $29 million in ticket sales in its first weekend of wide release. Read more
bwt

Hurricane, WV

#1 Jan 11, 2009
What is wrong with your voice? Movie was great your a great actor but your voice is gone..
leo from cornelia

United States

#2 Jan 12, 2009
bwt wrote:
What is wrong with your voice? Movie was great your a great actor but your voice is gone..
clint stills beats another ben stiller, adam sandler moron movie.
jeepster

Butler, PA

#3 Jan 12, 2009
Kill the punks ! Shoot them with the magnum !
They are just sissy little biotches....
wanna be's... Go Clint..... Go Charles Bronson!
jate

Burlington, Canada

#4 Jan 12, 2009
leo from cornelia wrote:
<quoted text>clint stills beats another ben stiller, adam sandler moron movie.
so so true..good point.Both those so called comedians are absolute morons

Since: Jan 09

AOL

#5 Jan 12, 2009
bwt wrote:
the guy is 70 plus give it a rest i thought it was a great movie

AOL

#6 Jan 12, 2009
jate wrote:
<quoted text>so so true..good point.Both those so called comedians are absolute morons
starsky and hutch good god owen wilson? ben was actualy ok in it and it was a gran torino
Snow

Royal Oak, MI

#7 Jan 12, 2009
I love Clint but this isn't what Detroit needs is a full feature length movie dedicated to showing how violent Detroit is. Not to mention it is another Hollywood B.S. story. Detroit does not and has never had a large Asian presence in the area. Black yes, southern yes, polish yes, Arabic yes, Native Michigan tribes yes but Asian no. Wouldn't Detroit have been better served by a movie that shows its true cultural, social, political... heritage.

“Blazing Skies!!!”

Since: Sep 08

Planet Mirth

#8 Jan 12, 2009
Snow wrote:
I love Clint but this isn't what Detroit needs is a full feature length movie dedicated to showing how violent Detroit is. Not to mention it is another Hollywood B.S. story. Detroit does not and has never had a large Asian presence in the area. Black yes, southern yes, polish yes, Arabic yes, Native Michigan tribes yes but Asian no. Wouldn't Detroit have been better served by a movie that shows its true cultural, social, political... heritage.
First of all, I don't think it's intended as a Come to Detroit tourism ad; second - it's fiction.

Is the ethnic makeup of the fictitious neighborhood all you got out of this movie? You wasted your money.

Ten minutes into it I was thinking "when's it going to be on Blu-Ray so I can buy it?".

I rank it up there with his Josey Wales and Heartbreak Ridge for one liners. Very entertaining, too.
Tisha

Pflugerville, TX

#9 Jan 12, 2009
LOVED the movie! Love Clint, too!!!
jate

Toronto, Canada

#10 Jan 12, 2009
I will not be dumped wrote:
<quoted text>starsky and hutch good god owen wilson? ben was actualy ok in it and it was a gran torino
???

AOL

#11 Jan 12, 2009
jate wrote:
<quoted text>???
gran torino got it ? startsky and hitch/ love the gran torino line ups i had 4 of them myself.

clint movie is great now i have to go on ebay to find a car like it.
SHAMROCK

AOL

#12 Jan 13, 2009
Detroit has always been a ****hole. They should be happy that some money was spent there to make a movie.
Jate

Canada

#13 Jan 13, 2009
I will not be dumped wrote:
<quoted text>gran torino got it ? startsky and hitch/ love the gran torino line ups i had 4 of them myself.
clint movie is great now i have to go on ebay to find a car like it.
Ah ok. beautiful car
Just An Observer

Oscoda, MI

#14 Jan 14, 2009
SHAMROCK wrote:
Detroit has always been a ****hole. They should be happy that some money was spent there to make a movie.
No offense, but California isn't doing too much better. I like Clint Eastwood, but there comes a time when an actor should exit gracefully and perhaps do more directing. Mr. Eastwood is one of my favorites, but it's very uncomfortable trying to watch him even talk anymore. He should know when to quit, with dignity. Thanks for all the good and GREAT movies, but it's time to switch gears, if you know what I mean.
Jate

Burlington, Canada

#15 Jan 14, 2009
Just An Observer wrote:
<quoted text>No offense, but California isn't doing too much better. I like Clint Eastwood, but there comes a time when an actor should exit gracefully and perhaps do more directing. Mr. Eastwood is one of my favorites, but it's very uncomfortable trying to watch him even talk anymore. He should know when to quit, with dignity. Thanks for all the good and GREAT movies, but it's time to switch gears, if you know what I mean.
Give him credit for at least completing the movie at his age,,,, well done Clint
Snow

Royal Oak, MI

#16 Jan 14, 2009
Just An Observer wrote:
<quoted text>No offense, but California isn't doing too much better. I like Clint Eastwood, but there comes a time when an actor should exit gracefully and perhaps do more directing. Mr. Eastwood is one of my favorites, but it's very uncomfortable trying to watch him even talk anymore. He should know when to quit, with dignity. Thanks for all the good and GREAT movies, but it's time to switch gears, if you know what I mean.
I am from Detroit and when I went to California two years ago all the locals in Orange County told me stay out of LA it is the biggest $hole in the US.
I wonder why Clint didn't use LA since it would have been portrayed the ethnic makeup more realistically.
Or was he afraid of the fallout from minorities there since he lives there.
Just typical celebrity hypocrisy in my book.
I love Clint and I have liked most of his movies but I dispise hypocrisy at all levels of society even in the entertainment industry.
wardog

United States

#17 Jan 16, 2009
i wish to god he whould do just one more dirty harry.
none

Elkhart, IN

#18 Jan 16, 2009
Snow wrote:
Yes! like one hour motel rooms,killings,bad cops,ditsy Governor,and worst of all a neighbor of Canada.
Skeeter

Kingston, PA

#19 Jan 18, 2009
Saw Gran Torino last night. One of Clint's best ever movies. A departure from Inspector Callahan to be sure, but still excellent. For all you people out there that are slow, the man was dying, so his voice, played the part, DUH.
Skeet Skeet

Katy, TX

#20 Apr 4, 2011
Skeeter wrote:
Saw Gran Torino last night. One of Clint's best ever movies. A departure from Inspector Callahan to be sure, but still excellent. For all you people out there that are slow, the man was dying, so his voice, played the part, DUH.
One time when I was at the movies I farted and it smelled like popcorn.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gran Torino Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News 'American Sniper' breaks January box office rec... Jan '15 Sterkfontein Swar... 1
the real place were you can join illuminati (Jun '13) Jun '13 Johnson 1
The real place and email were you can join illu... (Jun '13) Jun '13 Johnson 1
join Illuminati and become famous and rich... (Jun '13) Jun '13 tina 1
News Scott Eastwood learned acting from his famous f... (Jan '13) Jan '13 Bill Wilder 1
News Clint Eastwood shoots from the hip at GOP conve... (Aug '12) Sep '12 barefoot2626 340
News Happy Birthday Clint Eastwood: Hollywood legend... (May '11) May '11 Maggie 1
More from around the web