Overheard at the Grammy Awards

Feb 10, 2008 Full story: Monterey County Herald 7

"I just got an award given to me by a Beatle. Have you had that happen yet, Kanye? ... Just kidding."--Vince Gill, accepting the award for best country album from Ringo Starr. via Monterey County Herald

Full Story
Nino B

Weehawken, NJ

#1 Feb 11, 2008
Amen brother! Way to put that clown in his place. He wouldn't have to be so rude if he would've spent less time telling the whole world how great he is.
gerri-berri

Federal Way, WA

#2 Feb 11, 2008
It was typical Vince Gill. He's brilliant with off-the-cuff one-liners.
Everyone gasped.
Kanye laughed.
It was funnier than ..... best laugh of the evening.
Now Usher's remark later "they're all winners, Kanye", seemed like a bit of a dig.
Alan Cooper Lubbock Tx

Pflugerville, TX

#3 Feb 11, 2008
Vince Gills Beatle remark to Kanye West was the highlight of the Grammy's to me. Kanye is so self absorbed it takes away from his music. As far as the remark about getting an award from a Beatle, as a former musician I get the magnatude of the feeling's Vince must have felt.
Steve W

Wilmington, DE

#4 Feb 11, 2008
The best comment of the evening! I guess there really isn't the need to be humble, just self-promoting, in Kanye's eyes. I think Vince Gill's comment was spot-on in regards to what you should be doing: respecting the Grammys, the industry, your peers and your fans.

awc

“Pepperland”

Since: Dec 06

Pepperland

#5 Feb 11, 2008
kanye thinks the world belongs to him, but he found out he was wrong, as herbie hancock beat him.
what a joy to see herbie win the grammy, he deserves it more than kanye will ever.
i'm sorry for kanye's mom passing, but kanye disrespected her memory by trying to turn the night into a memorial service.

3 cheers for herbie hancock....
MR JOLLY WOLLY WOO

United States

#6 Mar 29, 2008
TIME FOR A CLEAN UP.
buck

AOL

#7 Apr 5, 2013
LOL@clean up time
yeah agree with awc kanye will never deserve a grammy like herbie
another cheer for herbie that brings the total to 4 lol
I would have to say that Ringo got the joke, it was a joke lol

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Grammy Awards Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Kanye West Slams Beck's Grammy Win Over Beyonce Feb 10 Paul 5
Sam Smith was the toast of the 57th Annual Gram... Feb 10 foodforthought 1
2015 Grammys Preview Feb 7 mwk89 1
Joan Rivers stops breathing during throat surgery (Aug '14) Aug '14 Melissa 1
Rapper 2 Chainz sentenced to diversion program ... (May '14) May '14 Sterkfontein Swar... 1
Beyonce's Labia Makes Grammy History (Jan '14) Feb '14 shakey 4
Taylor Swift has 5 ACM nominations (Jan '14) Jan '14 Austin Mahone 1
More from around the web