Elvis Presley Statue Unveiled in Hawa...

Elvis Presley Statue Unveiled in Hawaii

There are 8 comments on the The Associated Press story from Jul 27, 2007, titled Elvis Presley Statue Unveiled in Hawaii . In it, The Associated Press reports that:

“It's excellent. A lot of the statues don't even look like him.”

Elvis lives, and he hasn't aged a bit since his legendary 1973 'Aloha from Hawaii' concert.

A life-sized statue of Elvis Presley was unveiled Thursday at the site of the concert, looking much as he did 34 years ago. His hair is slicked back, vest plastered on, microphone tilted toward his lips and flared pants draped to the floor.

The bronze statue of the King, commissioned by TV Land, is meant as a tribute to the classic show at the Neal Blaisdell Center. It was the first concert to be broadcast via satellite, reaching more than a billion viewers. Read more

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Associated Press.

Shara Strand

Lynn, MA

#1 Jul 27, 2007
www.famecast.com

Pop catergory

Shara Strand

please stop by and vote
Victoria

UK

#3 Aug 5, 2007
F.A.O. "Johnny Lightening"

My my, you've been busy cutting and pasting tonight. Rather boring though dont you think
Big D

Aurora, CO

#8 Aug 18, 2007
This a great piece of art, we just got our Bronze Elvis Bust from www.neo-mfg.com would be great to find art like this for the home.

“....may God bless you, Adios”

Since: Jul 07

Viva Las Vegas

#9 Aug 18, 2007
That is a gorgous statue honoring ELVIS. Now, I just need to get myself over to Hawaii to enjoy a nice vacation and see it. *smiles*

Since: Apr 07

Federal Way , Wa

#10 Aug 19, 2007
TCB-girl wrote:
That is a gorgous statue honoring ELVIS. Now, I just need to get myself over to Hawaii to enjoy a nice vacation and see it.*smiles*
I love it!! When do we leave for "Blue Hawaii"? LOL

Have you ever been there? I was there once, about 3 years ago. It is so beautiful!! Blue, blue water, white sand. Nice and warm. I was there in March, so it wasn't hot or too cold. Just the right temp for an old lady like me!!Heh heh
Policarpio Los Botos

Lahaina, HI

#11 Aug 29, 2008
Elbis is the bes. My paborite song is "Palling in Lub wid yo"
Angeline

Lahaina, HI

#12 Aug 30, 2008
When the movie "Blue Hawaii" came out, I was in the crowd at the Hawaii Theatre when Elvis appeared. I still have the blue silk lei from that event.

“....may God bless you, Adios”

Since: Jul 07

Viva Las Vegas

#13 Aug 30, 2008
Angeline wrote:
When the movie "Blue Hawaii" came out, I was in the crowd at the Hawaii Theatre when Elvis appeared. I still have the blue silk lei from that event.
Congrats Angeline. Elvis has left us so many sweet memories!:) I talk to many fans on many forums, and it is amazing how these little treasures of special times spent with that wonderful man still mean so much to the heart.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Girls! Girls! Girls! Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News On This Day: Elvis Presley Joins the Army (Apr '13) May '13 katrina 6
News Remembering Elvis With Memories of Friendship, ... (Aug '11) Aug '12 ElvisGirl1970 2
common (Aug '11) Aug '11 sex 1
News Music Review: Elvis Presley - Girls, Girls, Girls (Jul '08) Jul '08 MusicLover13 28
do u like anime and i need a gf or girls friend (Jan '08) Feb '08 Matt 2
More from around the web