Randon Question Thread
First Prev
of 27
Next Last

Since: Oct 07

Calgary, Canada

#1 Mar 22, 2009
I have so many random thoughts, so time to ask a random question. Whoever answers asks the next question!

Calgary, Canada

#2 Mar 22, 2009
Do you prefer chunky or smooth peanut butter?

Since: Jun 08

Craigavon, UK

#3 Mar 23, 2009
genevieve wrote:
Do you prefer chunky or smooth peanut butter?
Smooth!

Which do you you think make better pets, dogs or cats?

“clown?!”

Since: Mar 08

#4 Mar 23, 2009
Gaz the Necrophiliac wrote:
<quoted text>
Smooth!
Which do you you think make better pets, dogs or cats?
dammit gaz, that requires more than a simple answer for someone like me. i love the independence of cats and that most of the time, they leave you alone. but i also love dogs- especially bigger ones that i can wrestle. and i love that quite a few can actually be taught to come when called.(i'm so glad this isn't in the HS forum!)

so i'll have to answer--chinchilla!

would you rather be able to breath underwater or fly?

“I'm just part of the problem!”

Since: Dec 07

Melbourne, Australia

#5 Mar 23, 2009
lordmagellan wrote:
<quoted text>dammit gaz, that requires more than a simple answer for someone like me. i love the independence of cats and that most of the time, they leave you alone. but i also love dogs- especially bigger ones that i can wrestle. and i love that quite a few can actually be taught to come when called.(i'm so glad this isn't in the HS forum!)
so i'll have to answer--chinchilla!
would you rather be able to breath underwater or fly?
Both would mean freedom. I've known people who can talk underwater... with a mouth full of blow-flies, so they say. Well, it's an Aussie expression.

But I'm not good with water, and there are things in the sea that don't like you being there. They tend to bite. So I'd have to say flying would be the best.

Reminds me of instructions on a kid's Superman costume: "Warning. Wearing this does not enable you to fly". I'll have to remember that next time.

Oops. Do I need to ask a question now?

Okay. Since it's nearly holiday time for the Lady, what would be your ultimate adventure-style holiday?(Think you guys call it a "vacation").

Glasgow, UK

#6 Mar 23, 2009
I dislike both heights and water, but I'll stick my neck out here and go for flying.

If you could spend one day as a disembodied spirit, able to walk through walls and go anywhere unseen...

...what would you get up to?

Calgary, Canada

#7 Mar 23, 2009
I dislike both heights and water, but I'll stick my neck out here and go for flying.
If you could spend one day as a disembodied spirit, able to walk through walls and go anywhere unseen...
...what would you get up to?
I would eat myself rotten, rich and fattening foods knowing I would not gain a pound! hehe or maybe sneak into a fellows house to try to see how their mind really works!

Are you a morning person or a night owl?

Glasgow, UK

#8 Mar 23, 2009
I'm definitely not a morning person. Just ask any of my previous bosses!

i think it's safe to say I'm a night owl, although I do have a tendency to burn the candle at both ends.

It's currently 2:08 am, and I'm working through the night, just popping onto Topix to give my brain a bit of a rest!

Do you think with your brain or your heart?

“clown?!”

#9 Mar 23, 2009
I'm definitely not a morning person. Just ask any of my previous bosses!
i think it's safe to say I'm a night owl, although I do have a tendency to burn the candle at both ends.
It's currently 2:08 am, and I'm working through the night, just popping onto Topix to give my brain a bit of a rest!
Do you think with your brain or your heart?
definitely brain. i over analyze everything to the point where i have trouble making decisions.

you ever had to squat in the woods (or elsewhere) to take a number two?

*the wife's question

Glasgow, UK

#10 Mar 23, 2009
Yes, and I was happy to see a large leaved plant right next to me, with what seemed like 'furry' leaves.

My joy at finding what seemed like natures ideal toilet paper turned to anguish about five minutes later, when I realised that the 'fur' on the leaves was more like lots of little hooked spines and I had the itchy arse from Hell. It got so bad, I nearly called for an ambulance.

Have you ever made a prank call to the emergency services?

“clown?!”

#11 Mar 24, 2009
Yes, and I was happy to see a large leaved plant right next to me, with what seemed like 'furry' leaves.
My joy at finding what seemed like natures ideal toilet paper turned to anguish about five minutes later, when I realised that the 'fur' on the leaves was more like lots of little hooked spines and I had the itchy arse from Hell. It got so bad, I nearly called for an ambulance.
Have you ever made a prank call to the emergency services?
i think i have. if i remember correctly, i was young and did it from a payphone near a store i visited to play arcade games. i must have spent hundreds playing street fighter 2. of course i think i realized they could trace the call and arrest us for doing so, and hung up without saying anything. i was never exceptionally brave.

do you support thr right to die?

Workington, UK

#12 Mar 24, 2009
Yep, if you're in pain, or even if you're just tired of existing, who has the right to tell you that you have to stay alive?

As for assisted suicides, nobody takes such heart breaking decisions lightly. It's downright offensive that people in such horrendously cruel circumstances should have to worry about prosecution.

If you were offered a million dollars to press a button that would kill ten random people from anywhere in the world, would you press it?

Calgary, Canada

#13 Mar 24, 2009
Yep, if you're in pain, or even if you're just tired of existing, who has the right to tell you that you have to stay alive?
As for assisted suicides, nobody takes such heart breaking decisions lightly. It's downright offensive that people in such horrendously cruel circumstances should have to worry about prosecution.
If you were offered a million dollars to press a button that would kill ten random people from anywhere in the world, would you press it?
No, ten lives no matter how random would not be worth a million dollars. Even one life has far more value then that. I think I could not press that button knowing that it wasn't just 10 people, but it was 10 loved ones, 10 families and 10 sets of friends that I would be destroying as well.

Are you Pro-life or Pro-Choice?

(anti-choice = anti-awesome)

Since: Feb 09

Location hidden

#14 Mar 24, 2009
genevieve wrote:
<quoted text>
No, ten lives no matter how random would not be worth a million dollars. Even one life has far more value then that. I think I could not press that button knowing that it wasn't just 10 people, but it was 10 loved ones, 10 families and 10 sets of friends that I would be destroying as well.
Are you Pro-life or Pro-Choice?
(anti-choice = anti-awesome)
I'm Pro-Life..and only because in my mind I don't think the scientists are ABSOLUTELY sure when life begins, so I figure why take any chance on killing someone. Life is TOO precious. It's easy to kill, but have you ever brought a dead person back? My-question--Do you think Obama is on the right track to help us get out of this recession?

“clown?!”

#15 Mar 25, 2009
skybobbie wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm Pro-Life..and only because in my mind I don't think the scientists are ABSOLUTELY sure when life begins, so I figure why take any chance on killing someone. Life is TOO precious. It's easy to kill, but have you ever brought a dead person back? My-question--Do you think Obama is on the right track to help us get out of this recession?
man, i hope so. i'm really too ignorant to say a determined yes or no and when i try to read about that stuff the words get all blurry and my eyelids get extra heavy. i hate that because it's something i know i should care about and so i should learn about it to make an informed decision- if anything so i can properly mock something if it goes wrong.
but i do like his attitude about things. rather than stand in front of everyone and proclaim, "don't worry! i'm here to fix it," he says, "hey, this didn't happen overnight, it won't be fixed overnight." i like that he's humble enough to not say that he's going to fix everything. he and his people are doing their best and working on it any way they can.

question....question.....

heh! what's the last good book you read?

Edinburgh, UK

#16 Mar 25, 2009
Stonehenge by Bernard Cornwell. It wasn't anywhere near as good as his King Arthur trilogy, and it was about as historically accurate as a confession acquired in Guantanamo Bay, but I enjoyed it a lot!

If you could choose, would you rather have a short life, packed with rich experience and enjoyment, or a long but relatively uneventful life?

Calgary, Canada

#17 Mar 25, 2009
Stonehenge by Bernard Cornwell. It wasn't anywhere near as good as his King Arthur trilogy, and it was about as historically accurate as a confession acquired in Guantanamo Bay, but I enjoyed it a lot!
If you could choose, would you rather have a short life, packed with rich experience and enjoyment, or a long but relatively uneventful life?
difficult question. but i think i would chose the shorter life that is full of rich and meaningful exeriences. i know ow boring a snow day could be, so i would not want every day filled with that feeling of endless boredom.

what is art?

“I'm just part of the problem!”

Since: Dec 07

Melbourne, Australia

#18 Mar 26, 2009
genevieve wrote:
<quoted text>
difficult question. but i think i would chose the shorter life that is full of rich and meaningful exeriences. i know ow boring a snow day could be, so i would not want every day filled with that feeling of endless boredom.
what is art?
You've had a (relatively to me) short life, and full of rich and meaningful experiences. Not least of which has been know we bunch of ragtags. And long may it continue, longer and full of experience!

Haha last time I posted here, it was right at the same time as Gaz, so I wasn't the last. So I'll take my chance again.

Art? Would be tempting to quote from Tolstoy. But no, it's whatever you want it to be. It fills the empty canvas of your thoughts, there are 6 billion different brands of art in the world, one for each person.

What would be your ultimate adventure holiday?

Since: Nov 08

Wollongong, Australia

#19 Mar 26, 2009
-David wrote:
<quoted text>
You've had a (relatively to me) short life, and full of rich and meaningful experiences. Not least of which has been know we bunch of ragtags. And long may it continue, longer and full of experience!
Haha last time I posted here, it was right at the same time as Gaz, so I wasn't the last. So I'll take my chance again.
Art? Would be tempting to quote from Tolstoy. But no, it's whatever you want it to be. It fills the empty canvas of your thoughts, there are 6 billion different brands of art in the world, one for each person.
What would be your ultimate adventure holiday?
Climbing everest and smoking a joint when I reached the top. LOL! I just added that bit in because its something nobody would expect from me.=]

I know everything, so I don't think I need to ask a question.=P

Whats the meaning of life?

“clown?!”

#20 Mar 26, 2009
magnanimousness wrote:
<quoted text>
Climbing everest and smoking a joint when I reached the top. LOL! I just added that bit in because its something nobody would expect from me.=]
I know everything, so I don't think I need to ask a question.=P
Whats the meaning of life?
the meaning of life? or the reason for life? i've don't like the term "meaning of life" because that denotes a definition of life. i take it you're asking for a reason behind life and that's much more fun to explore than a simple copy and pasted from a dictionary definition of the word, "life."

to live. that's the most basic reason, i think. simply to live. though, i would add to explore and to wander and possibly to help produce a greater opportunity for future generations to enjoy their lives and reasons for living; because, you never know, you may be reincarnated as a part of that future generation.

so, what are you exploring right now?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 27
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Genevieve Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Word Association (Jul '08) Jan '13 Huh 6,028
Wacky Websites (Nov '08) Feb '11 saviorself 368
Watch any good movies lately? (May '08) Feb '11 saviorself 969
What if !?!?!?!?! (May '10) Jan '11 Zsadist 11
HI everyone (Aug '10) Oct '10 Kerridwen 6
Hey Genevieve!!!! (Sep '10) Oct '10 skybobbie 3
Hey Skybobbie (May '10) Jun '10 skybobbie 6
More from around the web