Country singer known as 'Smokey's' co...

Country singer known as 'Smokey's' comic foil

There are 4 comments on the Chicago Tribune story from Sep 3, 2008, titled Country singer known as 'Smokey's' comic foil. In it, Chicago Tribune reports that:

Jerry Reed, whose roles in three "Smokey and the Bandit" Southern comedy films opposite Burt Reynolds often overshadowed his gifts as a prolific country singer-songwriter and virtuoso guitarist, died Monday at ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chicago Tribune.

Ken Mickey

High Point, NC

#1 Sep 3, 2008
What a major talent ....
mohamed imtiaz

Singapore, Singapore

#2 Sep 3, 2008
I was greatly saddened by the news of Jerry Reeds death - a very sad day indeed for country music fans. Jerry was a much loved colorful
and hillarious character. His immortal hit "She Got The Goldmine I Got The Shaft" is a "must listen to" for all divorced males sporting
newly bruised emotional scars.

Seems like all the great ones are leaving us one by one - Waylon, Paycheck, Cash ....Most of the new ones are slick,smooth talking,
"photogenic" types "manufactured" by dollar hungry media moguls in the hollywood mold with a cash register in place of a heart.

May he rest in peace.
Ivanna Humpalot

Aurora, CO

#3 Sep 4, 2008
May he rest in peace. He was super talented, and Nashville has lost another great!

You will be missed Jerry!!
Gail Dees

Miramar Beach, FL

#4 Sep 4, 2008
your'e a wonderful person I loved your songs & your acting
your family is in our prayers God got an awsome Angel
in you sincerely
Gail Dees

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gator Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News JERRY REED: Jerry Reed, an actor and singer, ha... (Sep '08) Mar '11 Trav Weatherly 19
News Indian Pass Raw Bar (Jan '09) Jun '09 John 6
News JERRY REED: Jerry Reed, an actor and singer, ha... (Nov '08) Nov '08 Jerry 4
News 'Smokey' Singer-Actor Jerry Reed Dies (Sep '08) Oct '08 Fish 22
News Jerry Reed, singer and movie actor, 71 (Sep '08) Sep '08 Mr Schwinnckle 1
News 'Smokey' Singer-Actor Jerry Reed Dies (Sep '08) Sep '08 Manberries 7
More from around the web