Sinatra's movies getting their due

Full story: Chicago Tribune
In the early 1950s, Frank Sinatra was primarily regarded as a has-been with anger-management issues and a voice that had gone south. Full Story
TONY RIZZI-SmoothCroo ner

United States

#1 May 20, 2008
After Frank Sinatra, the only other major star in the Hollywood film industry who comes close--in terms of "presence", "charisma", "charm", "magnetism", is probably Bette Davis. Even Errol Flynn and Bogie are distant thirds and fourths. ALL Frank Sinatra's films are really good because (1) he only did one or two takes and put everything he had (being "totally present") into the takes, and (2) because he was simply an interesting personality to look at--physically he was very attractive--striking to look at.
"Pal Joey" was supposedly his personal favorite of all his films and I agree. Similar in plot to "Funny Girl" with Streisand, the first half of the film has him rising as an artist, and doing what he did best--singing his heart out. It's an great movie and unfortunately very few younger people have seen it--it was filmed on location San Francisco in 1957.
Frank Sinatra was a fabulous actor / singer / public speaker / artist.... A high school drop-out, he even had beautiful handwriting.
I sing his songs all over the U.S.(and London). I'm 53 (old to be a singer), but it's what I've done all my life. I get totally involved with his music. I mail my CDs to folks... want a TONY RIZZI Sinatra CD (my latest)? Drop me a line (escoffier36@sbcglobal.net) and I'll mail you one, pally.** www.myspace.com/tonyrizzi ** www.youtube.com/gordonmary **
I have a great band too! Call for more info and bookings... FRANK SINATRA IS THE GREATEST SINGER WHO EVER LIVED!

“What type of f--kery is this??”

Since: Dec 07

South Shore/Chatham

#2 May 20, 2008
I never considered Frank an actor until I saw him and Kim Novak in "The Man With The Golden Arm"...

I was impressed...

But when I saw "Manchurian Candidate"...my admiration flew off the scale!!!

Ole' Blue Eyes was the REAL DEAL!!!
Sandy Singer

United States

#3 Nov 26, 2008
And he never sang a note in either...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

From Here to Eternity Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Celebrating a - super' man (Jul '14) Jul '14 Little Superman 1
Matt Bomer Will Play Tormented Gay Movie Star i... (Sep '13) Sep '13 joanne 1
Flight attendant's career breaks record (Aug '12) Aug '12 Old Sam 9
Flight attendant's career landing in Guinness book (Aug '12) Aug '12 arkmiwi 1
Frank Sinatra - The Man & The Myth (Nov '09) Aug '12 Frankie Goes To H... 3
Classic novel bares all in e-book version (Apr '11) Apr '11 Kelly 1
James Kaplan, author of new Sinatra biography, ... (Dec '10) Dec '10 Jazz Guy 1
More from around the web