Fifth annual Hamptons Cottages & Gardens show house

Full story: Newsday

If there's one lesson the organizers of the 2008 Idea House want the public to learn, it's that "you don't have to be granola to be green," says Sag Harbor-based design director Kyle Timothy Blood.
Comments
1 - 2 of 2 Comments Last updated Aug 12, 2008
Greenporter

Levittown, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 2, 2008

I love the 'green' aspects - but if I had that much money - i would build and design something a lot less UGLY!!!
Bridgehampton Lady

Holbrook, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 12, 2008

I agree with you, "Greenporter." It's an absolute shame what they did to that beautiful old farmhouse. The flooring and stairways look like cheap plywood. The windows are very unattractive--what's the deal with that recess between the walls and the windows?? Outside, the pool is dark, dirty, and scary-looking, and the poolhouse toilet doesn't even have a door on it!

The designers for the most part did a nice job, but it's going to be a hard sell at $12.9 million, considering the wonderful homes out here also on the market. Just because something is "green" doesn't mean it has to be contorted and ugly.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

From Here to Eternity Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Celebrating a - super' man Jul '14 Little Superman 1
Matt Bomer Will Play Tormented Gay Movie Star i... (Sep '13) Sep '13 joanne 1
Flight attendant's career breaks record (Aug '12) Aug '12 Old Sam 9
Flight attendant's career landing in Guinness book (Aug '12) Aug '12 arkmiwi 1
Frank Sinatra - The Man & The Myth (Nov '09) Aug '12 Frankie Goes To H... 3
Classic novel bares all in e-book version (Apr '11) Apr '11 Kelly 1
James Kaplan, author of new Sinatra biography, ... (Dec '10) Dec '10 Jazz Guy 1
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000