Four Christmases renamed Four Holidays??

Four Christmases renamed Four Holidays??

Posted in the Four Christmases Forum

New Farm, Australia

#1 Dec 8, 2008
Why was Four Christmases renamed Four Holidays in Australia?

We are a Christian nation but can't use the word Christmas??

Forestville, Australia

#2 Jan 9, 2009
oh I absolutely agree. It is shocking and disgraceful! soon they might stop selling Christmas trees because it may offend some people. It's so obvious when you watch the movie that it's about CHRISTMAS! Very disappointed with the people who changed the name. shame on you

#3 Jan 29, 2010
I believe Four Christmases is what the movie should have been called in Australia. If a person from another religion finds the word 'Christmas' offensive in a title, then watching the film may lead them to have a breakdown. Maybe the next step in this crazy move to not offend, would be to dub out the word christmas from the movie, and maybe then remove each scene that includes a christmas tree. I hope that changing the title of movies does not continue to happen in the future.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Four Christmases Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Vince Vaughn marries (Jan '10) Mar '10 Caffeinated 5
News Review: Lighthearted 'Christmases' has a message (May '09) May '09 ShapelyTex 1
News Tim McGraw Signs With Red Light For Management (May '09) May '09 Janet Libell 1
News GK Films nabs rights to mobster tale (Jan '09) Jan '09 sonia 1
News Stars spread word on Shakespeare (Dec '08) Jan '09 Yah Yah 2
News 'I Like To Bedazzle' (Jan '09) Jan '09 Juliana 1
News 'Dark Knight' sweeps People's Choice Awards (Jan '09) Jan '09 bryts 16
More from around the web