'Real Forrest Gump' stops in Vallejo ...

'Real Forrest Gump' stops in Vallejo during journey to protect children

There are 15 comments on the Vallejo Times-Herald story from Nov 23, 2010, titled 'Real Forrest Gump' stops in Vallejo during journey to protect children. In it, Vallejo Times-Herald reports that:

Called by some "the first Forrest Gump," Louis-Michael Figueroa made his way through American Canyon and Vallejo on Monday as he continues on a year-long 7,513-mile walk to fight child abuse.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Vallejo Times-Herald.

Ned Kelly

Washington, DC

#1 Nov 23, 2010
Good on him, good on him, yes; however, I wonder if this crusade against child abuse includes the millions of unborn children murdered in Planned Parenthood clinics by those women who walk amongst us who think the progressive democrat worshiped Roe vs. Wade law is truly a right of theirs... Hmmm...
Money

San Francisco, CA

#2 Nov 23, 2010
What is the psychological profile of a child abuser, it seems this problem is becoming more widespread while society's moral values keep sliding down into the gutter. Can something be done to stop and reverse this trend?
Frank W

Brenham, TX

#3 Nov 23, 2010
God bless you, bro, for what you have done, are doing, and most certainly will do in the future. The best world possible would be made of six billion just like you.
Obie

Vacaville, CA

#4 Nov 23, 2010
Obama stopped in Vallejo?
Wanglow

United States

#5 Nov 23, 2010
Guess it's easier than getting a JOB and SUPPORTING his family.
LEG

Salinas, CA

#6 Nov 23, 2010
Thank you for your sacrifice your one of so little few that is willing to show there is good in so little few that are willing to stand for what is right. unlike so many that talk but never do your one of the few that show your willing to do something i applaud you and i am inspired by you thank you Mr. Louis-Michael Figueroa for your pride and sacrifices i also thank your family for being strong and sticking by your side through these difficult times.
LEG

Salinas, CA

#7 Nov 23, 2010
ned kelly it is the women body and there free right to do what they want they might have not been ready and they might of didn't want to have a kid with a guy who can't respect there decision you obviously only care about yourself ive kids born to family who are not even ready if it was your daughter and she was 16 would you want her to have it? i almost had a kid at 15 and my gf miscarried and then again when i was 21 and she miscarried again but think god i was not ready for it and yes i would of stood and took care of my kid i made it i am going to make sure my kids get a better life then i had there going to be the new generation im going to raise them to respect womens right to choose so i take it your a republican or should i say republicant
For Wanglow

Vallejo, CA

#8 Nov 23, 2010
It's easy to stay in your warm home on your fat but and be critical about any and everything. This man is making a difference in the world and bringing attention to child abuse.
What have you done for the good of mankind?
jjbythesea

Salem, OR

#9 Nov 23, 2010
Wanglow wrote:
Guess it's easier than getting a JOB and SUPPORTING his family.
How dare you. What have you done? What are you doing? We need less people like you and more of him.
Johan Weber

San Diego, CA

#10 Nov 23, 2010
When I retire, I want to walk across the US. I want to protest in favor of a National Highspeed Rail system, single pay health care system, and a better public transport system to where working joe can go without a car. I also want to walk to let people know that walking is an option for short trips instead of driving.

“God Bless America”

Since: Mar 10

The Northern Frisco Bay Area

#11 Nov 23, 2010
LEG wrote:
ned kelly it is the women body and there free right to do what they want they might have not been ready and they might of didn't want to have a kid with a guy who can't respect there decision you obviously only care about yourself ive kids born to family who are not even ready if it was your daughter and she was 16 would you want her to have it? i almost had a kid at 15 and my gf miscarried and then again when i was 21 and she miscarried again but think god i was not ready for it and yes i would of stood and took care of my kid i made it i am going to make sure my kids get a better life then i had there going to be the new generation im going to raise them to respect womens right to choose so i take it your a republican or should i say republicant
Lady, murder is MURDER. For those of you females who have ever had an abortion for anything OTHER than saving your life, that is what you are; a murderess, and have absolutely NO room to ever, EVER open your yaps about child abuse. Period. I am the type of man you should have met; one who DOES value ALL life, not just AFTER it leave your body.
Wanglow

United States

#12 Nov 23, 2010
Johan Weber wrote:
When I retire, I want to walk across the US. I want to protest in favor of a National Highspeed Rail system, single pay health care system, and a better public transport system to where working joe can go without a car. I also want to walk to let people know that walking is an option for short trips instead of driving.
Why wait to retire? Just do as this guy; loose your house and put your family on the skids just so you can attract media attention to your phony, useless gesture. Wish I had time to walk around.

“God Bless America”

Since: Mar 10

The Northern Frisco Bay Area

#13 Nov 23, 2010
jjbythesea wrote:
<quoted text>
How dare you. What have you done? What are you doing? We need less people like you and more of him.
Woman, calm down! Oprah will be on soon, and you can chill out with her; in the mean time, Wanglow has a point; just who IS funding this persons walkabout?

“Who made you king of Anything?”

Since: Nov 10

San Francisco, Ca

#14 Nov 23, 2010
Awhh!!!
For Wanglow too

Vallejo, CA

#15 Nov 23, 2010
Apparently you have time to sit your butt and criticize what everyone else does-but you don't have time for 'phony useless guestures' only time to waste on typing on useless blogs with your mindless blather. You are such a loser!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Forrest Gump Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News 'SNL' turns McKinnon's Sessions into Forrest Gump (Mar '17) Aug 23 PrinterBench Tech 2
News EDITORIAL: A nation worse for the wear (Apr '16) Apr '16 He Named Me Black... 2
News Fall movies 2015: New dad Joseph Gordon-Levitt ... (Sep '15) Sep '15 John Doe 2
News Tupelo Reads! prepares for 2014 literary parties (Sep '14) Sep '14 Profits 1
News Actor charged with murder due in Los Angeles court (Jun '14) Jun '14 Anonymous 1
News A show for the troops: Lt. Dan Band rocks Fort ... (Apr '14) Apr '14 LaDonna Clark 1
News AIDS Activism Comes Alive in Sean Strub's "Body... (Jan '14) Jan '14 Gremlin 1
More from around the web