I just felt like runnin'

I just felt like runnin'

There are 7 comments on the Lowell Sun story from Jul 7, 2010, titled I just felt like runnin'. In it, Lowell Sun reports that:

One of my favorite scenes from the Tom Hanks classic Forrest Gump is when the title character answers a barrage of questions about why he keeps running back and forth across America.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Lowell Sun.

LowellRuns

United States

#5 Jul 7, 2010
Now a link to some local running events for public participation would have been a plus!
Mr Garrison

Lowell, MA

#6 Jul 7, 2010
You cut in on a charity run and didn't even kick in an entry fee? And you freely admit it in the paper? You're a donkey.
KatyA

Brighton, MA

#7 Jul 7, 2010
Wow, can't make anyone happy, huh? The two comments above me are quite snippy.

Anyways, I'm a former teammate of your girls at Brandeis and I have to say I absolutely love them! They are just fantastic human beings.

I'm so glad they got you into running! Welcome to the club. And I'm sure Paul doesn't mind, he loves new runners like the rest of us.

Good luck with the rest of your training!
George

Lowell, MA

#8 Jul 7, 2010
Just because you like his "girls" doesn't make it ok to cut in on a charity event without contributing. The comment wasn't snippy and didn't strike me as making someone happy or not...it called it like it is...donkey.
55 and still alive

Hudson, MA

#10 Jul 7, 2010
The John Carson race was one of the first races I had run and like the writer I was not in the best of shape but enjoyed doing this with my boy's 14 and 15 (I think at the time). Our oldest is now doing triathlons and our youngest is a city walker (doesn't drive much) I hope that we as parents were a good influence on there decision to get out and move.
Mark

Tewksbury, MA

#11 Aug 10, 2010
Great article!

Mr. Garrison, you really need to settle down. I think number would have gone to waste, and it's pretty clear that he is doing free advertising for the race by writing a feature article about it in the paper. And having four daughters run it every year? That's a pretty solid annual donation.

No need to call anyone a donkey. I have a worse word for you, though, if you'd like to hear it, but since I have class I won't write it here...
Mark

Tewksbury, MA

#12 Aug 10, 2010
Mr Garrison wrote:
You cut in on a charity run and didn't even kick in an entry fee? And you freely admit it in the paper? You're a donkey.
Great article!

Mr. Garrison, you really need to settle down. I think number would have gone to waste, and it's pretty clear that he is doing free advertising for the race by writing a feature article about it in the paper. And having four daughters run it every year? That's a pretty solid annual donation.

No need to call anyone a donkey. I have a worse word for you, though, if you'd like to hear it, but since I have class I won't write it here...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Forrest Gump Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Actor, philanthropist Gary Siniseannounced as 2... Nov '17 C Kersey 1
News 'SNL' turns McKinnon's Sessions into Forrest Gump (Mar '17) Aug '17 PrinterBench Tech 2
News EDITORIAL: A nation worse for the wear (Apr '16) Apr '16 He Named Me Black... 2
News Fall movies 2015: New dad Joseph Gordon-Levitt ... (Sep '15) Sep '15 John Doe 2
News Tupelo Reads! prepares for 2014 literary parties (Sep '14) Sep '14 Profits 1
News Actor charged with murder due in Los Angeles court (Jun '14) Jun '14 Anonymous 1
News A show for the troops: Lt. Dan Band rocks Fort ... (Apr '14) Apr '14 LaDonna Clark 1
More from around the web