I just felt like runnin'

Full story: Lowell Sun

One of my favorite scenes from the Tom Hanks classic Forrest Gump is when the title character answers a barrage of questions about why he keeps running back and forth across America.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 7 of7
LowellRuns

Aurora, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 7, 2010

Now a link to some local running events for public participation would have been a plus!
Mr Garrison

Lowell, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 7, 2010

You cut in on a charity run and didn't even kick in an entry fee? And you freely admit it in the paper? You're a donkey.
KatyA

Brighton, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 7, 2010

Wow, can't make anyone happy, huh? The two comments above me are quite snippy.

Anyways, I'm a former teammate of your girls at Brandeis and I have to say I absolutely love them! They are just fantastic human beings.

I'm so glad they got you into running! Welcome to the club. And I'm sure Paul doesn't mind, he loves new runners like the rest of us.

Good luck with the rest of your training!
George

Dracut, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 7, 2010

Just because you like his "girls" doesn't make it ok to cut in on a charity event without contributing. The comment wasn't snippy and didn't strike me as making someone happy or not...it called it like it is...donkey.
55 and still alive

Concord, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 7, 2010

The John Carson race was one of the first races I had run and like the writer I was not in the best of shape but enjoyed doing this with my boy's 14 and 15 (I think at the time). Our oldest is now doing triathlons and our youngest is a city walker (doesn't drive much) I hope that we as parents were a good influence on there decision to get out and move.
Mark

Chelmsford, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 10, 2010

Great article!

Mr. Garrison, you really need to settle down. I think number would have gone to waste, and it's pretty clear that he is doing free advertising for the race by writing a feature article about it in the paper. And having four daughters run it every year? That's a pretty solid annual donation.

No need to call anyone a donkey. I have a worse word for you, though, if you'd like to hear it, but since I have class I won't write it here...
Mark

Chelmsford, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 10, 2010

Mr Garrison wrote:
You cut in on a charity run and didn't even kick in an entry fee? And you freely admit it in the paper? You're a donkey.
Great article!

Mr. Garrison, you really need to settle down. I think number would have gone to waste, and it's pretty clear that he is doing free advertising for the race by writing a feature article about it in the paper. And having four daughters run it every year? That's a pretty solid annual donation.

No need to call anyone a donkey. I have a worse word for you, though, if you'd like to hear it, but since I have class I won't write it here...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 7 of7
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Forrest Gump Discussions

Search the Forrest Gump Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Actor charged with murder due in Los Angeles court Jun 18 Anonymous 1
A show for the troops: Lt. Dan Band rocks Fort ... Apr '14 LaDonna Clark 1
AIDS Activism Comes Alive in Sean Strub's "Body... Jan '14 Gremlin 2
forrest gump (Mar '13) Mar '13 KODIAKCON 1
No title (Feb '13) Feb '13 Domantas 1
Prince Harry runs to find Bubba (Jan '13) Jan '13 Kevin 1
Actor Gary Sinise opens up about Wheaton concer... (Jul '12) Jul '12 loopsparky 1
•••
•••
•••