Actor makes funding plea for Solano C...

Actor makes funding plea for Solano College Theatre troupe

There are 4 comments on the The Reporter story from Feb 8, 2010, titled Actor makes funding plea for Solano College Theatre troupe. In it, The Reporter reports that:

Two-time Oscar winner Tom Hanks' plea was simple and heartfelt. Essentially, it was this: If you can afford $100 tickets to two separate fund-raising events for Solano College Theatre, then buy a season subscription to help the cash-strapped troupe.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Reporter.

james

Vacaville, CA

#1 Feb 8, 2010
Support the Arts.
Art

Vacaville, CA

#2 Feb 8, 2010
Send in your checks here.
CeeC

United States

#3 Feb 9, 2010
Send your check to the food locker.
People need to eat before they need to be entertained.
Even college is way down the list before food, clothing and shelter. Once those 3 things are equal for all can we look to giving money to 'the arts'.
james

Vacaville, CA

#4 Feb 13, 2010
There will never be a cure all for the homeless, and I am as liberal as they come.

Save the arts.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Forrest Gump Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News 'SNL' turns McKinnon's Sessions into Forrest Gump Mar '17 I Guess Not 1
News EDITORIAL: A nation worse for the wear (Apr '16) Apr '16 He Named Me Black... 2
News Fall movies 2015: New dad Joseph Gordon-Levitt ... (Sep '15) Sep '15 John Doe 2
News Tupelo Reads! prepares for 2014 literary parties (Sep '14) Sep '14 Profits 1
News Actor charged with murder due in Los Angeles court (Jun '14) Jun '14 Anonymous 1
News A show for the troops: Lt. Dan Band rocks Fort ... (Apr '14) Apr '14 LaDonna Clark 1
News AIDS Activism Comes Alive in Sean Strub's "Body... (Jan '14) Jan '14 Gremlin 1
More from around the web