Fox News follows actor Gary Sinise's ...

Fox News follows actor Gary Sinise's Iraq trip

There are 5 comments on the Reuters story from Jan 9, 2009, titled Fox News follows actor Gary Sinise's Iraq trip. In it, Reuters reports that:

Ever since the September 11 attacks moved him to appreciate members of the military more than ever, "CSI: NY" star Gary Sinise has been on a mission to increase awareness of their contributions to this country.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Reuters.

Fedr

Stockholm, Sweden

#1 Jan 10, 2009
yes, just his usa must pay contributions and compenastions for Iraq, if this country was destroyed and life of milions of innocent people were crashed thanks to money of us tax-payers then it must be rebuild for their money too. It is very simple thing.
Army Mom

AOL

#2 Jan 11, 2009
I watched Gary Sinise's special on Fox last night. Like most people I knew him as "Lt. Dan" and "Mac" on CSI. I recognized his voice on the "Army Strong" ads. I heard something about his support of the troops but until last night I had no idea of how much he has done.
In the world of celebrity where most are so vocal in there Bush bashing and negativity regarding the wars it is so important for families of soldiers to learn about this man.
From the Mom whose Daughter is deployed to Iraq I want to tell him how grateful I am. Now the war has lasted so many years celebrity visitors have all but vanished. Thank God for Mr. Sinese.
Thomas

AOL

#3 Jan 11, 2009
I watched the Sinise Special too. Although I think entertaining the troops is important, I have a problem with actors self-promoting. This special was not about the soldiers in Iraq. It was about letting everyone know that Gary Sinise goes to Iraq to entertian. It was 60 minutes of cameramen, musicians, brothers and soldiers talking about what a nice guy Gary Sinise is. And he probably is a nice guy. But he's already famous enough. He doesn't need to use the troops to make himself more famous. I have an idea. How about celebraties entertain the troops and not tell anyone about it? I don't think so.
Thank the Military

Wylie, TX

#4 Jan 11, 2009
I think his intention was to remind us of the service of these great men and women. To remind us as we go about our day, they are there fighting for our freedom. I am proud someone in Hollywood is willing to speak publicly about how important these men and women are. Keep up the Good Work Mr. Sinise!!! And thank you for reminding me to say Thank You to every military serviceman or women and their families.
Thomas wrote:
I watched the Sinise Special too. Although I think entertaining the troops is important, I have a problem with actors self-promoting. This special was not about the soldiers in Iraq. It was about letting everyone know that Gary Sinise goes to Iraq to entertian. It was 60 minutes of cameramen, musicians, brothers and soldiers talking about what a nice guy Gary Sinise is. And he probably is a nice guy. But he's already famous enough. He doesn't need to use the troops to make himself more famous. I have an idea. How about celebraties entertain the troops and not tell anyone about it? I don't think so.
jtreese

San Diego, CA

#5 Jul 4, 2009
Thomas wrote:
You could be correct but Gary did not ask anyone to do this. You don't have any idea what Gary does for our soldiers and others and he does not make any money doing it. He spends days away from his family to support our soldiers at his own expense. Name one other Hollywood actor who does as much. Where is Tom Hanks???? He could buy his own island, when was the last time he went on a USO tour???? NEVER. The number of Hollywood actors that support our troops by going on USO tours is miniscule. Gary is a Patriot if you forgot what that means look it up.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Forrest Gump Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News 'SNL' turns McKinnon's Sessions into Forrest Gump Mar 6 I Guess Not 1
News EDITORIAL: A nation worse for the wear (Apr '16) Apr '16 He Named Me Black... 2
News Fall movies 2015: New dad Joseph Gordon-Levitt ... (Sep '15) Sep '15 John Doe 2
News Tupelo Reads! prepares for 2014 literary parties (Sep '14) Sep '14 Profits 1
News Actor charged with murder due in Los Angeles court (Jun '14) Jun '14 Anonymous 1
News A show for the troops: Lt. Dan Band rocks Fort ... (Apr '14) Apr '14 LaDonna Clark 1
News AIDS Activism Comes Alive in Sean Strub's "Body... (Jan '14) Jan '14 Gremlin 1
More from around the web