'Martini' And 'Sassy' Hit Denver Air ...

'Martini' And 'Sassy' Hit Denver Air Waves

There are 31 comments on the Cbs4denver story from Mar 22, 2006, titled 'Martini' And 'Sassy' Hit Denver Air Waves. In it, Cbs4denver reports that:

Two new radio stations went on the air in the Denver area on Wednesday morning. Denver Radio Company, LLC said the new FM stations have distinctive formats called "Martini" and "Sassy." "Each is original in ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Cbs4denver.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Rick Stookey

AOL

#1 Jul 18, 2006
Re: FM 101.5 The music, I like, but I'm going to throw up if I hear "Martini on the Rockies" one more time. Who came up with that lame slogan. Believe me, lame slogans like that will drive away your listeners.
elaine

Aurora, CO

#2 Jul 20, 2006
I love the name and the station, great tunes, however I have a q
I heard a Depeche Mode cover - Enjoy the Silence, a lady was singing it, I didn't manage to catch her name, only that she was from Europe.
Any info email me miel169@comcast.net
Mike from Westminster

Denver, CO

#3 Aug 1, 2006
Like the Martini concept but you need to do 2 things if you're going to survive... improve your signal strength and vary your play list... no excuse for hearing the same thing over and over again with the myriad of beautiful numbers that exist in that genre
Richard from Denver

Chicago, IL

#4 Aug 2, 2006
Great station...good music from my favorite years: 1970 thru 1980. But WHY cater to women only? Guys in that same demo, "30 - 45", fondly remember those songs as well. I like th tunes, but the DJs, promos, talent and advertising is a little hard to take when it's so completely FEMALE driven.
It's a guilty pleasure.
Eric

Denver, CO

#5 Aug 2, 2006
What is the telephone number to contact the DJ's at Martini??? Can't find anything on the web.
DPA

Denver, CO

#6 Aug 3, 2006
Area code three zero three. Number is five nine seven, one zero one five.
spaaarkletini

Denver, CO

#7 Aug 9, 2006
Anyone know their website or how to contact them for a job?
Rachel

Broomfield, CO

#8 Aug 18, 2006
I just moved to CO and discovered Martini. I love it and listen to it for my 1.5 hour commute to work one way at 7:30 am & pm. I wish there was a little more variety in the play list. I here the same songs in the same location on the interstate almost everyday. Keep up the good work.
Molly

Claymont, DE

#9 Aug 24, 2006
their website is www.martiniontherockies.com
Wayne

Denver, CO

#10 Aug 29, 2006
http://www.martiniontherockies.com/
spaaarkletini wrote:
Anyone know their website or how to contact them for a job?
Scott

Boulder, CO

#11 Sep 2, 2006
First off, I love the format. Secondly, you really need to expand your playlist. I'm sorry, but I can't listen every day, the music is too repetitive. Quit playing the same Van Morrison songs over and over again. There is a lot more to the Sinatra, Dean Martin, Tony Bennett, etc. libraries that you haven't touched. At least, I don't think you have. And....you are starting to take the martini thing a little too far. The schtick is good only so far. Keep improving, and I'll keep listening. Stay the same, and I'll tune in maybe once in awhile.
Debbie

Ashburn, VA

#12 Oct 9, 2006
I like your station and like the name Martini On The Rockies.
Karen

AOL

#13 Nov 26, 2006
I agree with alot of the prior comments, I listened 2 days in a row while in the car and heard 3 of the same songs twice...there is no excuse for that really...I would like to hear more of Pink Martini's
obscure songs, not the same one over and over...
Noemi

Aurora, CO

#14 Nov 29, 2006
It would be nice if they would post their playlists daily; I've heard some really good music only to miss hearing the names of the singers who sing the songs
sandppppr

United States

#15 Dec 1, 2006
Keep playing "The Dog Song" and how about some music from Al Martino. Does any one have access to the great musical number "Birth of the Blues" ??????????
David

Keenesburg, CO

#16 Dec 7, 2006
Who cares what the slogan is? The fact is that there is FINALLY some variety in this stupid city of Denver. Thank you "Martini on the Rockies" for playing something eclectic!!!
Rick Stookey wrote:
Re: FM 101.5 The music, I like, but I'm going to throw up if I hear "Martini on the Rockies" one more time. Who came up with that lame slogan. Believe me, lame slogans like that will drive away your listeners.
Nancy Ford

Aurora, CO

#17 Dec 10, 2006
I really love your radio station and listen to it every day. What a great station that plays such an ecletic form of music. Please don't change. I listen every day. I love it!!!
Mark Olson

Boulder, CO

#18 Jan 22, 2007
As Rick Stookey wrote...
"The music, I like, but I'm going to throw up if I hear "Martini on the Rockies" one more time. Who came up with that lame slogan. Believe me, lame slogans like that will drive away your listeners."

Amen to this. I have already given up on listening. I like the music, but the repetition drives me nuts as does the constant/same slogan and songs every 15 minutes preceeded or followed by the same song again. Please stop playing the same slogan all the time and spend it on developing your play list to include different music.
Julie Skinner

Denver, CO

#19 May 13, 2007
DON'T download anything from them! it comes with a hacker! I had to have my computer remotely repaird and it cost me BIG bucks! They told me Martini was the cause. I also have to have a new credit card issued just as a precaution. THANKS MARTINI!
Kathryn Shut

San Francisco, CA

#20 Nov 7, 2007
Their site is http://martiniontherockies.com , and I know by personal contact with the station that they are working now to expand their playlist, so please "stay tuned!"

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

FM Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Jiffy Lube Live bans tailgating (May '11) Jul '12 jameswatson87 5
News Two new radio stations sign on (Jul '06) Dec '10 miriam 9
News Heidi, Frank start podcasts; Frosty on KFI (Nov '10) Nov '10 bif larson 2
News On the radio: Heidi, Frank start podcast; Frost... (Nov '10) Nov '10 Say What 14
News Cori Savlen, who hopes you'll help her land a r... (Oct '10) Oct '10 Hannah Coalter 5
News Satellite Radio: This XM, Sirius Subscriber Lov... (Nov '08) Feb '10 Viva 15
News Lewis radio to take you to paradise (Oct '08) Oct '08 wlra listener 1
More from around the web