Breakdance Pioneer Dies in NYC

Full story: WXIA Atlanta 6
Wayne "Frosty Freeze" Frost, a hip-hop pioneer whose acrobatic performance with the legendary Rock Steady Crew in the 1983 movie "Flashdance" helped set off a worldwide breakdancing craze, has died. Full Story
Houdini

Lithia Springs, GA

#3 Apr 4, 2008
huh wrote:
This is headline news? Isn't there a war going on?
"like a walking hip hop culture encyclopedia"...gee, what a loss. Now, breaking news - some rapper with a stupid name is going into winemaking!
The end is near.
I understand your position, however, I was fortunate enough to be a spectator of many different break dancing,street acts while attending Columbia University and many of these individuals, in my opinion, were better athletes than many NBA, NFL, or any other multi-millionaire, prime time stars and break dancers rarely get rich. I was overly impressed with the talent I saw and the humble attitudes of REAL performers. God bless your narroe mind.
REST IN PEACE

Jonesboro, GA

#10 Apr 4, 2008
HE'LL GO DOWN IN HISTORY, WITH HIS DANCING
Salaam

Atlanta, GA

#14 Apr 4, 2008
R.I.P. BROTHER

Those days were great. Just watched some breakdancing on youtube and it took me back. I just love how we made our own music and culture, so creative and talented... AHHH

Since: Feb 08

Atlanta, GA

#18 Apr 4, 2008
huh sux wrote:
huh -man, you're a jerk!
If it's you who has been posting with my name, then you are a true loser and you should probably go and kill yourself since you are obviously very unhappy with yourself.
HARLEM NY

Baltimore, MD

#19 Apr 4, 2008
huh wrote:
This is headline news? Isn't there a war going on?
"like a walking hip hop culture encyclopedia"...gee, what a loss. Now, breaking news - some rapper with a stupid name is going into winemaking!
The end is near.
I happen to be one of the many people who knew this young man. It is VERY SAD for us, because we have lost a son, father,brother, uncle and a friend. When it comes to HIP HOP we hurt so much because its a part of us. Some kids only knew how to break dance and thats what kept them out of trouble. Sorry if you don't have a heart for legend that has past on to a better world.
FLY GUY TRIGERMAN

Bronx, NY

#21 Apr 6, 2008
I grew up with Whayne, used to hang in house with his brother Roxen.
From the swings of PS 84 to the cardbord of dance floors.
I will be at the funeral on Tues at 126th.
Much Love
Guy Marlowe

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Flashdance Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Stage 'Flashdance' not quite up to film original Feb 15 pudding1947 1
In honor of 'Footloose,' 5 great '80s soundtracks (Oct '11) Jul '13 Jiggling 11
Jennifer Beals: No Botox, No Nudity, New Show (Dec '10) Jul '12 nicole 6
'Castle' News: Jennifer Beals Spies a Guest-Sta... (Dec '11) Dec '11 Karla Bowers 2
flashdance remixed (Nov '11) Nov '11 FLASHDANCE 1
Emanuel brings hip new vibe to Chicago City Hall (May '11) May '11 Mayor Daleys Slave 28
Emanuel brings hip new vibe to Chicago City Hall (May '11) May '11 Sol 2
More from around the web