'WALL-E:' Pixar 's trash-compacting r...

'WALL-E:' Pixar 's trash-compacting robot will be collecting he...

There are 22 comments on the Chicago Tribune story from Jun 26, 2008, titled 'WALL-E:' Pixar 's trash-compacting robot will be collecting he.... In it, Chicago Tribune reports that:

It's the surest thing in the infinitely malleable world of animation: Get the eyes right, and you're halfway home.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chicago Tribune.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Jose

United States

#22 Jun 30, 2008
FatNSassy wrote:
I find it ironic that they have made the characters fat, which is just more of the same old same old from Hollywood, don't be fat and everrything else will fall into place. Yet despite its anti consumption message, various Wall-E toys already hit the shelves, just waiting to be landfill material in a few years or less. That is because Disney and Pixar have become companies who only care about making a buck. The real message the public will take away from it is just lose weight (by trying one of the many worthless weight loss products out there) and I wouldn't be surprized if the diet industry paid for the subtle antifat sentiment to be written in the script. The purpose of almost all commercial media these days, be they news, t.v. or movies is to push some product in a nonobvious way. Sex and the City set a record for product placement.
I am sure the average sheeple will be outraged by my sentiments. I could care less. But they should watch a video called Afluenza where Michael Eisner, former CEO of Disney talks about how it is perfectly acceptable to present violent material to boys because that is what sells. However pure and noble Walt Disney was, Disney know is just another company filled with corporate sharks who will exploit anything and everything for a buck. Yes, the movie might have some sappy message. For propaganda to be effective, people must be unaware of how they are being manipulated. So keep on buying and consuming all those overpriced Wall E toys, just don't be fat and all the world's problems will magically go away with weight loss. Enjoy your virtual animated cool-aid folks.
Wow, all this from a love story involving two robots? Hollywood might have a hidden agenda, but you have be a weak person yourself to fall for all that "thin is in" crap. If you're going to feel bad or insecure about seeing fat people depicted as fools in a movie, then you need help. Either shrug it off or put the fork down. Simple as that. This coming from someone who's overweight.
WTF

Edwardsburg, MI

#23 Jul 1, 2008
FatNSassy wrote:
I find it ironic that they have made the characters fat, which is just more of the same old same old from Hollywood, don't be fat and everrything else will fall into place. Yet despite its anti consumption message, various Wall-E toys already hit the shelves, just waiting to be landfill material in a few years or less. That is because Disney and Pixar have become companies who only care about making a buck. The real message the public will take away from it is just lose weight (by trying one of the many worthless weight loss products out there) and I wouldn't be surprized if the diet industry paid for the subtle antifat sentiment to be written in the script. The purpose of almost all commercial media these days, be they news, t.v. or movies is to push some product in a nonobvious way. Sex and the City set a record for product placement.
I am sure the average sheeple will be outraged by my sentiments. I could care less. But they should watch a video called Afluenza where Michael Eisner, former CEO of Disney talks about how it is perfectly acceptable to present violent material to boys because that is what sells. However pure and noble Walt Disney was, Disney know is just another company filled with corporate sharks who will exploit anything and everything for a buck. Yes, the movie might have some sappy message. For propaganda to be effective, people must be unaware of how they are being manipulated. So keep on buying and consuming all those overpriced Wall E toys, just don't be fat and all the world's problems will magically go away with weight loss. Enjoy your virtual animated cool-aid folks.
Maybe with a little hard work and determination all of your fat will go away. Given the idiocy of your post I would rather be a clueless sheeple than some mad cow.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Finding Nemo Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Ellen DeGeneres admits to 'anger and depression... Oct '16 Miley Cyrus 4
News July 3 - 31 | Where Can Watch ''"Finding Dory" ... Jul '16 dabbadoo 1
News Finding Dory' Review: Ellen DeGeneres Performs ... Jun '16 Happy endings 1
News 'Finding Dory' reels in biggest animated openin... Jun '16 Go Blue Forever 1
News 'Finding Nemo 3D' (Dec '12) Dec '12 Is it i__It is I 2
News Brad Garrett (Apr '07) Nov '12 Good Brothers 3
News DeGeneres offers local fans seats in her audience (Sep '12) Sep '12 dnaleerf 2
More from around the web