'Up': New Pixar film is lovingly lofty

Full story: TwinCities.com
Carl Fredricksen sets off for adventure. Within, oh, the first minute of Pixar's new "Up," I was already in love with it. Read more
Rolf

Saint Paul, MN

#1 May 29, 2009
Thank you, Chris, for the consistent quality of your reviews.
human too

United States

#2 May 30, 2009
I just got back from seeing this film, and Chris Hewitt is right. Pixar has crafted another superb gem of a movie. Comedy, adventure, heart-- it's all there in abundance. There were moments when the entire audience erupted in laughter, and other moments where even the children were hushed.

There is SO much more to this film than the trailers let on. Bravissimo, Pixar! Bet you'll get another Oscar or two to keep the others company.
ISRW

Minneapolis, MN

#3 Jun 2, 2009
The 11:30 matinee today was just right -- one couple, a couple of families, and us to see this movie. I would not have expected to come out of that theater feeling like we'd had an experience together.

By 20 minutes or so on, one of the kids was emotionally so wound up in the film that you could hear little gasps, laughter, and the occasional sniffle at the right times.

Hewitt is a pop reviewer. He gave the utterly mediocre "Star Trek" a glowing review it didn't deserve. But "UP" is extremely good. It's well-written, it's emotionally satisfying.... It's a good, good movie. I'd see it again, which happens for me maybe once every five years or so.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Finding Nemo Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News 'Finding Nemo 3D' (Dec '12) Dec '12 Is it i__It is I 2
News Brad Garrett (Apr '07) Nov '12 Good Brothers 3
News DeGeneres offers local fans seats in her audience (Sep '12) Sep '12 dnaleerf 2
News Top 10 Greatest Gay Spokespeople of All Time (Mar '12) Apr '12 Pattysboi 34
News Disney: 'John Carter' to lose $200M (Mar '12) Mar '12 beatlesinthebog 10
News Ellen DeGeneres helps Ont. girl's quest for org... (Feb '12) Feb '12 Jerry irizarry 1
Nemo is right here! (Mar '08) Dec '11 luckyplayah 25
More from around the web