'WALL-E:' Pixar 's trash-compacting r...

'WALL-E:' Pixar 's trash-compacting robot will be collecting he...

There are 15 comments on the Chicago Tribune story from Jun 26, 2008, titled 'WALL-E:' Pixar 's trash-compacting robot will be collecting he.... In it, Chicago Tribune reports that:

It's the surest thing in the infinitely malleable world of animation: Get the eyes right, and you're halfway home.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chicago Tribune.

floor-e

Makati City, Philippines

#1 Jun 26, 2008
tell me there's also an ending surprise appearance of THE TRANSFORMERS in this movie?
Alyeska

United States

#2 Jun 26, 2008
Pixar continues to accomplish what DreamWorks, Disney and every other major American studio refuse to, or are somehow incapable of: produce timeless films of unwavering quality and merit.
Rob

Bethesda, MD

#3 Jun 26, 2008
the character is nothing new. Has everyone forgotton the 80's scifi "Short Circut"?
Polkafraud32

United States

#4 Jun 26, 2008
I can't believe they called Wall-E a love child of E.T. and Mini-me. Has the autthor never seen the movie Short Circuit?! Wall-E is totally a scaled-down version of Johnny #5. After reading into the 6th paragraph. There was to much being said about the film that I have not learned by watching the previews. One of the best things about movies is not knowing alot of the details walking into it. And this article has ruined part of that for me.
kevin

United States

#5 Jun 26, 2008
did they model wall-e after short circuit?
William Bolton

Orange Park, FL

#6 Jun 26, 2008
This is just what I need! An escape! If I could afford the gas to go and the price of a ticket. Guess I could give up eating for a day to watch a cartoon about all that's missing from my own life by way of the breast cancer that took my life love. One way or another I'm determined to have my escapist look at this not so far in the future view of the life to come. It looks great!

VOR

“I rule.”

Since: Jun 08

Newport News, VA

#7 Jun 26, 2008
What a dumb idea for a movie. Fight Club is exponentially better.
yorkie

Virginia Beach, VA

#8 Jun 26, 2008
Alyeska wrote:
Pixar continues to accomplish what DreamWorks, Disney and every other major American studio refuse to, or are somehow incapable of: produce timeless films of unwavering quality and merit.
From the article: "One look at the binocular-eyed trash compactor starring in the marvelous new Disney/Pixar feature "WALL-E," and you're halfway home."

Disney owns Pixar. You didn't know that? No one says Pixar without saying Disney. It's called "Disney's Pixar."
Jim

Chicago, IL

#9 Jun 26, 2008
Actually it's "Disney | Pixar"
Fairness

Virginia Beach, VA

#10 Jun 26, 2008
Alyeska wrote:
Uh..........dudette..........D isney owns Pixar......
Artradioguy

Lake Worth, FL

#11 Jun 26, 2008
My wife, her Brazilian cousin who speaks almost no English, and I saw WALL-E last night and were captivated. My wife, who rarely laughs out loud at movies, was doing so, surprisingly. The film was enjoyed by all three of us and was discussed at length on the way home.

The first hour of the film has no dialogue, save for squeaks and beeps, but the Chaplinesque appeal of WALL-E and the vegetation searching robot EVE is so heartwarming, it carrys the film in a way that people from any culture can appreciate.

Although the theatre was full of very young children, there was hardly a sound, save for a crying baby in the back (makes me wish for the cry rooms of old). Though I did not really notice until the lights came up at the end, I was fascinated by the fact that the kids were so well behaved during the show. This means that the movie really works on a kid stort level.

So often, movie critics see films in a screening room, they cannot really appreciate the effect the movie will have on young audiences in the theatre. This one had them entranced.

Yes WALL-E looks like Johnny 5 from "Short Circuit", but there the resemblance ends. Where Johnny 5 was like a very smart child discovering the world, WALL-E is a fully adult robot who is very good at his job, compacting trash, longing for a friend, until EVE comes to Earth. The rest is a love story as unlikely as Grant and Hepburn in "Bringing Up Baby"

I loved WALL-E and will actaully spend $10 to see it again. I'm sure others will also.
Reader

Chicago, IL

#12 Jun 29, 2008
Will someone at the Chi. Trib. Get Micheal a job at the Weekly Reader so adults with decerning adult tastes may be able to read real reviews?
Mike

United States

#13 Jul 2, 2008
Wow. Is it possible to review this movie without spoiling the plot points that even the commercials tried hard to not show?
Why do people feel the only way to review a film is to spoil it for everyone?
JDE

Chicago, IL

#14 Jul 4, 2008
1) I won't say I've liked all of Pixar's movies, but I will say nobody does animated features better than Pixar does. I didn't know what to expect going into the screening, but I enjoyed it immensely.
2) As for those who are taking issue with spoilers or not wanting to know too much about a movie beforehand? A bit of advice: then don't read the reviews before you see the movie - it's that simple.
And Another Thing

Anaheim, CA

#16 Jul 7, 2008
If you haven't seen the WALL-E trailer yet, check it out at Zuguide.com . They also have some great screenshots and trailers for a ton of other movies.

Link: www.zuguide.com/entity.php...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Finding Nemo Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News 'Finding Nemo 3D' (Dec '12) Dec '12 Is it i__It is I 2
News Brad Garrett (Apr '07) Nov '12 Good Brothers 3
News DeGeneres offers local fans seats in her audience (Sep '12) Sep '12 dnaleerf 2
News Top 10 Greatest Gay Spokespeople of All Time (Mar '12) Apr '12 Pattysboi 34
News Disney: 'John Carter' to lose $200M (Mar '12) Mar '12 beatlesinthebog 10
News Ellen DeGeneres helps Ont. girl's quest for org... (Feb '12) Feb '12 Jerry irizarry 1
Nemo is right here! (Mar '08) Dec '11 luckyplayah 25
More from around the web