Nfld. police fight Corner Brook fight club

The Royal Newfoundland Constabulary said young people gathered Friday near the Captain Cook monument in town to stage fights. Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
fight club

Botwood, Canada

#1 Sep 26, 2006
well im one of the people who were involved in the fight club in corner brook. us teens have nothing to do around this place.so we want some excitement and also if somebody could open an actually place for us to box it could resolve in unnessary fights happening.in this way all the fights that are happening in corner brook that has no reason what so ever behide it could be stopped cause of the fight club. we stick or gloves on and have reasonable fights also with a refree that stops the fight if it gets either bit out of hand.so really were not doin any harm and also we get kicked out of any place we try to hang out at in corner brook.
Dave Gardiner

Canada

#2 Oct 10, 2006
fight club wrote:
well im one of the people who were involved in the fight club in corner brook. us teens have nothing to do around this place.so we want some excitement and also if somebody could open an actually place for us to box it could resolve in unnessary fights happening.in this way all the fights that are happening in corner brook that has no reason what so ever behide it could be stopped cause of the fight club. we stick or gloves on and have reasonable fights also with a refree that stops the fight if it gets either bit out of hand.so really were not doin any harm and also we get kicked out of any place we try to hang out at in corner brook.
This December I will be bringing the East Rock Crew( St. John's) to Cornerbrook to teach B-boying which is a free and fun activity. Basically you battle each other with your moves to Hip-Hop beats. Its really exciting and rewarding. Most guys treat it like a martial art . The good side is its legal and you dont get punch drunk also its really fun and gets you chicks.
Anyone intersted in supporting our initiative in the area please email me at jdg_@hotmail.com
destinysmom

Mount Pearl, Canada

#3 Nov 26, 2006
fight club wrote:
There is a boxing club around here it is only if you look for something to do that you will actually find it. I know there isnt much around for you young ones to do anymore but you have to look for things that will not get you in trrouble with the law.
jenna park

Vienna, VA

#4 Feb 2, 2007
hi im jenna i live in corner brook and i realy thik what you do is cool im hoping to be a police officer when i grow up im always talking about it because i can run fast i have good aim and i love what you get to do.and im brave. Your friend:jenna
jeremy power

St. John's, Canada

#5 Jun 5, 2007
who runs the boxing club in cornerbrook?
i box myself in st.johns and i am wondering if there is anyone with any expirenece so i can fight..i have 14 fights and have been at the sport for 3 years.
Krys Bishop

Canada

#6 Jun 22, 2007
Hey, Im the kid that started that whole fightclub. I was only out to start something entertaining for us kids. I mean, were all comptetive into sports, and all lovers of ufc and boxing. It was consensual fighting, watched and eyed very carefully. I was also in the process of getting a meeting with the president of kinsmen, and the mayor to see if I could try and arrange some sort of youth fight club.

Unfortunately, a rather large budget was needed.

proper security and an establishment was needed, all the proper gear, medical teams and so on.

However, the east rock crew does sound rather interesting. I'll see if I can get the word around and threw to my boys, im sure I could find you a handful of interested people.
cant wait to go

Corner Brook, Canada

#7 Oct 22, 2007
corner brook is the worst town i have ever had the displeasure of living in. i am here because of the low tuition rates at grenfell, but i am transferring to st. john's to escape the abyss that is corner brook.

this is the filthiest town with the stupidest, drunkest population i've ever come into contact with. i am very, very eager to leave and it is little wonder teens who have spent their whole lives in this horrid little berg resort to making their own entertainment.
Benoist

St. John's, Canada

#8 Jun 13, 2008
I agree with comment #7 so much! I a French canadian living in Corner Brook (A.K.A-Shit Town)
and the reason there is nothing for yonng people is very simple, the City don't give a shit about the people only thereselves, Mayor Pender your fuckin'piece of shit y your wife too. Corner Brook has the wrong people running the show, people who know people, which in turn they really have no right o experience to do such a task. Any way i got of topic a bit, but bottom line Corner brook is shit town full of drunks, drug heads, crack head, whores, y the list goes on, i would y do discurage anyone from comeing to Corner brook. Im of to Monterrey y tank god i wont return.Corner Brook y Nl have the highest rates os gambling, welware (wack) ect, why would any one want to move o vist here.
Sean

St. John's, Canada

#9 Jul 21, 2008
cant wait to go wrote:
corner brook is the worst town i have ever had the displeasure of living in. I am here because of the low tuition rates at grenfell, but i am transferring to st. john's to escape the abyss that is corner brook.
this is the filthiest town with the stupidest, drunkest population i've ever come into contact with. I am very, very eager to leave and it is little wonder teens who have spent their whole lives in this horrid little berg resort to making their own entertainment.
I for one can't wait to see you leave. I moved to Toronto to work as an I.T Project Manager for a few years and hated every minute of it. I am so happy to be back in best city on the planet with the funniest, nicest and best people. Please post the day you leave so I can celebrate. I will have many beers and get really drunk, just me and my masters degree in computer science (only stupid people can get those apparantly)
Sean E

St. John's, Canada

#10 Jul 21, 2008
Krys Bishop wrote:
Hey, Im the kid that started that whole fightclub. I was only out to start something entertaining for us kids. I mean, were all comptetive into sports, and all lovers of ufc and boxing. It was consensual fighting, watched and eyed very carefully. I was also in the process of getting a meeting with the president of kinsmen, and the mayor to see if I could try and arrange some sort of youth fight club.
proper security and an establishment was needed, all the proper gear, medical teams and so on.
However, the east rock crew does sound rather interesting. I'll see if I can get the word around and threw to my boys, im sure I could find you a handful of interested people.
Hey Krys

If you find a space you can use it to teach self-defence. You can "spare' around all you want and do not need the medical teams and big money of calling it "fighting". I taught self-defence out of a school gym for a few years free for kids. Finding the space is the hard part, if you do i can help.
paul shykora

Calgary, Canada

#11 Jul 23, 2008
I's DO LOVE...''Conner Brook'' Newfoundland .It has IT's OWN CHARM and the Folks are very unique,tooooo booot!!!Thankyous'!!GOD Bless.ONWARD!!The hillbilly farmboy has spoken..now most..yodeling....eh....
Krys Bishop

Canada

#12 Aug 6, 2008
Fiding the spot to make it legitimate is the problem.
Had a meeting lined up with the president of kinsmen for a small budget, per say I could find the right advisors.
unfortunately, he used gave the budget to some crew from halifax to start break dancing? In which I've seen none of, and this was passed off like year before last I do believe.
amanda

Fredericton, Canada

#13 Mar 5, 2009
I am shcoked about how you see Corner Brook, It has come a long way and just because there are some people who abuse the system for what ever reason ..well you are going to see it where ever you go ! It's people like you that we don't need here.I'm sure where ever your from is not much better!!! If you think it's such a shit town FUCKING LEAVE!!!! and as for Comment #7 You too !If Corner Brook is so bad , how come we just hosted the ECMA awards? Only people with shit in their eyes dont't see the true potential of a city like ours,,stupid frog!
Benoist wrote:
I agree with comment #7 so much! I a French canadian living in Corner Brook (A.K.A-Shit Town)
and the reason there is nothing for yonng people is very simple, the City don't give a shit about the people only thereselves, Mayor Pender your fuckin'piece of shit y your wife too. Corner Brook has the wrong people running the show, people who know people, which in turn they really have no right o experience to do such a task. Any way i got of topic a bit, but bottom line Corner brook is shit town full of drunks, drug heads, crack head, whores, y the list goes on, i would y do discurage anyone from comeing to Corner brook. Im of to Monterrey y tank god i wont return.Corner Brook y Nl have the highest rates os gambling, welware (wack) ect, why would any one want to move o vist here.
stjohns_ufcchick

Grand Falls, Canada

#14 Mar 13, 2009
I think it's a wonderful idea. I love ufc myself, and if I could find a type of fight club here, I would go at it. It's entertaining, and if you have a bunch who are willing to get the shit knocked out of them while laughing it up, let them fill their boots. let me know where your next one is at boys, I may stop over.
triple J

Deer Lake, Canada

#15 Jul 20, 2009
My 2 boys are dying to get into kick boxing of some kind and I can't find a thing in Corner Brook that even resembles it. What if we started a survey or petition. I would be interested in helping out too.
Morris Karp

Thornhill, Canada

#16 Oct 1, 2009
Are you still actively involved in this sport? I'm a tv producer with the CBC and would like to spaek with you. All confidential.

Morris karp
The fifth estate
Krys Bishop wrote:
Nunya Bizniz

Happy Valley, Canada

#17 Oct 12, 2009
It's too bad that these young people complaining that there's nothing to do ..would take a night class in spelling.....ignorance is bliss....
Benoist wrote:
steph

Kitchener, Canada

#18 Sep 2, 2010
It's true,
There's NOTHING to do here in corner brook. Specially for teenagers! We're all looking for a way to release our frustrations & i highly doubt that a dance class is going to intrest teenagers. Maybe some, but for the most part- we just wanna hit someone/something.
The teenage years are frustrating, angry, and emotional. We're not going to dance for joy about it, we want more martial arts classes! Actually, the word "want" is an understatement. We NEED more martial arts classes! & what's all this non-sense about expenses? the classes will most likely pay for itself! For f*ck sakes Pender! Clean the sh*t out of your eyes & put a little effort into this bag of crap you call Corner Brook!
scott

Canada

#21 Nov 3, 2010
triple J wrote:
My 2 boys are dying to get into kick boxing of some kind and I can't find a thing in Corner Brook that even resembles it. What if we started a survey or petition. I would be interested in helping out too.
I don't know if you are still looking but Eugene Clancey teaches Kickboxing at Blur Dragon in Corner Brook. www.bluedragonmma.ca
BJG

Salt Lake City, UT

#22 Dec 1, 2010
jeremy power wrote:
who runs the boxing club in cornerbrook?
i box myself in st.johns and i am wondering if there is anyone with any expirenece so i can fight..i have 14 fights and have been at the sport for 3 years.
Please look up Billy BAsha in Corner Brook...weighs 155 pounds and has done some training in Salt Lake City as well as growing up in the sport.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Fight Club Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Teenagers recreate Fight Club at Golden Gardens... (May '13) May '13 Ben 1
Tyler Durden Picking Up Girls (Nov '12) Nov '12 Brian 1
Brad Pitt plays it straight, donates $100K to s... (Nov '12) Nov '12 concerned American 1
David Fincher: From Star Wars to Fight Club (Aug '12) Aug '12 Dr Stinko 1
Brad Pitt considers retirement (Aug '09) Jul '12 Half Marathon 39
New Chuck P film coming? (Jul '12) Jul '12 LullabyProject 1
Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt: Fight Club Reaches ... (Apr '06) Jul '12 Half Marathon 33
•••
•••

Fight Club People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••