Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt: Fight Club Reaches Namibia

Full story: National Ledger

Maddox, Angelina Jolie's oldest adopted child, is learning what money can buy. He has listened to Mickey Brett, their bodyguard, verbally threaten people with cameras sitting in public cafes and walking on ...

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of33
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
sandy

Honolulu, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Apr 21, 2006
 
the paps are not as innocent as this article wants us yo belive. The paps are often rude, belligerant and money hungary. Bravo at last they are fighting back. I think a law should be passes banning paps from celebs homes like a restraning order that would keep them at a safe distance.
Frenchy

Breda, Netherlands

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Apr 22, 2006
 
I agree. Maybe celebs look for publicity, at times, and most of the time for good deeds, but I think they're only doing their jobs.
They have a right to privacy. Paparazzis are only interested in the hundreds of thousands of dollars they could get and leave them no peace. Enough is enough.
READER

Hopkins, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Apr 22, 2006
 
hear, hear...well said jesse smith
Phoenix

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Apr 22, 2006
 
As usual READER, Mr. Brunett, guess who and aol, you don't know what you're talking about. You see when someone is employed as "Private Security" they can do the things that many Law Enforcement Officers cannot do. Which means that when a cop might not be allowed to pepper spray one of those arrogant, obnoxious, disrespectful, shutter bug maniacs, a private security officer can. When a Cop might not be able to kick their ass off of private property, a private Security Officer can do just exactly that. Just the same as you have the right to throw someone out of your house or off of your private property if they refuse to leave when they're told to. In fact a private citizen, under certain conditions can shoot an intruder dead if they enter their home or private property and a Police Officer wouldn't be permitted to do so. Frankly, I think that Brad did the right thing and I think what Maddox is learning is "You don't have to put up with the bullshit of the paparazzi!" You don't see those guys swarming around guys like Stephen Segul, Jon-Claud Van Dam, Chuck Norris, Jackie Chan or Jet Li. Do you suppose there's a reason for that?
READER

Hopkins, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Apr 22, 2006
 
Phoenix wrote:
As usual READER, Mr. Brunett, guess who and aol, you don't know what you're talking about. You see when someone is employed as "Private Security" they can do the things that many Law Enforcement Officers cannot do. Which means that when a cop might not be allowed to pepper spray one of those arrogant, obnoxious, disrespectful, shutter bug maniacs, a private security officer can. When a Cop might not be able to kick their ass off of private property, a private Security Officer can do just exactly that. Just the same as you have the right to throw someone out of your house or off of your private property if they refuse to leave when they're told to. In fact a private citizen, under certain conditions can shoot an intruder dead if they enter their home or private property and a Police Officer wouldn't be permitted to do so. Frankly, I think that Brad did the right thing and I think what Maddox is learning is "You don't have to put up with the bullshit of the paparazzi!" You don't see those guys swarming around guys like Stephen Segul, Jon-Claud Van Dam, Chuck Norris, Jackie Chan or Jet Li. Do you suppose there's a reason for that?
you are such a "i know it all" i am not either of the other two you mentioned..you are so boring..
Phoenix

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Apr 22, 2006
 
READER wrote:
<quoted text>you are such a "i know it all" i am not either of the other two you mentioned..you are so boring..
If you say so.
brad-fan

Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
Apr 24, 2006
 
Hi, Phoenix,
do you know a website's URL, which was operating by some one called 'Silver somthing', the website is updated quite often about Brad Pitt. the site just redesigned a few weeks ago into something very nice.
sandy

Honolulu, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
Apr 24, 2006
 
Hi I know the site your refering to but I can not find it anymore. I wonder what happened to it if anyone else knows the name of the site that would help.
cynthia

Taiwan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
Apr 24, 2006
 
http://exquisite.beautifulone.net/bradpitt/ . This is the Brad fans site operate by silver.
sandy

Honolulu, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
Apr 26, 2006
 
Thank you Cynthia,
mickey brett

Walvis Bay, Namibia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
May 22, 2006
 
i am the mickey brett who threatened paparazzi but lets get one thing straight maddox was nowhere in site when this was done! i cant believe the bullshit that has come out of this small town where 99% of it is untrue. the paparazzi have been asked to leave people alone so if they persist then they only have themselves to blame if the shit hits the fan!! nobody could ever imagine what these nice people have to put up with every day so until you have had first hand experience of what paparazzi are really like then mind your own business and keep your nose out where it is not wanted! and i thank the people who support this family and this subject. mickey
Phoenix

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
May 22, 2006
 
mickey brett wrote:
i am the mickey brett who threatened paparazzi but lets get one thing straight maddox was nowhere in site when this was done! i cant believe the bullshit that has come out of this small town where 99% of it is untrue. the paparazzi have been asked to leave people alone so if they persist then they only have themselves to blame if the shit hits the fan!! nobody could ever imagine what these nice people have to put up with every day so until you have had first hand experience of what paparazzi are really like then mind your own business and keep your nose out where it is not wanted! and i thank the people who support this family and this subject. mickey
Well if you are him, then please keep that family safe from those lunatics in the media. Brad and Ange and their little ones deserve to live as normal a life as possible in spite of their star status. My prayers are with them for all the happiness they can find. And if you have to punch out a paparazzi, more power to you.
Hannes

South Africa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13
Jun 8, 2006
 
Who has made A $ B famous? Us! If we dont go to their movies, they will be nothing. We deserve to know what they are doing - as they are our role models. We dont want them to sniff coke behind tall walls, do we? We cant be all there, so who do we rely on to watch them, on our behalf? The same people who has made them famous - the media, which includes the Paps. No-one will make it in showbiz without publicity. If they afford the media interviews and photo opportunities, there will be no price on photos “stolen” by the Paps. As to the head of their security - he must remember, he is in Africa. Africa is no place for sissys. If he dishes out, soon he might be on the receiving end too. Come on, Paps, i,m putting a thousand dollar on the one who cracks his scull with a monopod. Keep on bringing us the pictures that EVERYONE, including all of you reading this blogg enjoys. Viva the Paps.
Carol Ann

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14
Jun 8, 2006
 
Paps are part of the business. All movie stars know that.
Phoenix

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15
Jun 8, 2006
 
Hannes wrote:
Who has made A $ B famous? Us! If we dont go to their movies, they will be nothing. We deserve to know what they are doing - as they are our role models. We dont want them to sniff coke behind tall walls, do we? We cant be all there, so who do we rely on to watch them, on our behalf? The same people who has made them famous - the media, which includes the Paps. No-one will make it in showbiz without publicity. If they afford the media interviews and photo opportunities, there will be no price on photos “stolen” by the Paps. As to the head of their security - he must remember, he is in Africa. Africa is no place for sissys. If he dishes out, soon he might be on the receiving end too. Come on, Paps, i,m putting a thousand dollar on the one who cracks his scull with a monopod. Keep on bringing us the pictures that EVERYONE, including all of you reading this blogg enjoys. Viva the Paps.
Maybe you think they should have cameras in their houses that film everything they do and say, even when they have sex or go take a shit so that you can see everything your role model is doing! These people are human beings and just because they're actors who make movies which we enjoy seeing because we love to be entertained by make believe stories, doesn't mean anybody has the right to invade their privacey any more than they have the right to invade yours. Maybe someone should be filming you to see what string of drugs you're taking.
Carol Ann

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16
Jun 8, 2006
 
Phoenix wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe you think they should have cameras in their houses that film everything they do and say, even when they have sex or go take a shit so that you can see everything your role model is doing! These people are human beings and just because they're actors who make movies which we enjoy seeing because we love to be entertained by make believe stories, doesn't mean anybody has the right to invade their privacey any more than they have the right to invade yours. Maybe someone should be filming you to see what string of drugs you're taking.
Grow up, Phoenix. You pretend to be such a peace lover, when in truth, you'll get down and dirty with the best of 'em.
Nijinsky

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#17
Sep 5, 2006
 

Judged:

1

mickey brett wrote:
i am the mickey brett who threatened paparazzi but lets get one thing straight maddox was nowhere in site when this was done! i cant believe the bullshit that has come out of this small town where 99% of it is untrue. the paparazzi have been asked to leave people alone so if they persist then they only have themselves to blame if the shit hits the fan!! nobody could ever imagine what these nice people have to put up with every day so until you have had first hand experience of what paparazzi are really like then mind your own business and keep your nose out where it is not wanted! and i thank the people who support this family and this subject. mickey
Mr. Mickey Brett

That would be a presumption wouldn't it, that people who promote your type of vigilante behavior support "this family," and or "family life." in general. I don't buy it. I'm not so unintelligent as to believe having someone like you around helps family values in any way what soever. Neither am I so insensitive as to believe that maintaining the kind of superficial media image (which requires camping out in Namibia and getting what you call "this small town." full of western style exploitation and violence) it doesn't help. It disgusts me. I have had to deal with Brad Pitt myself and his inability to go beyond or see beyond such superficial insensitivities. This is one place "Fight Club" will not reach and I think it is absolutely disgusting that Namibia (or anywhere else) would be contaminated by such violent people as you!

And I'm CERTAINLY not stupid enough to believe that someone who points out the vigilante violent behavior of people like you, that they are sticking their nose innapropriately in the business of Mr. Pitt and company. This is the same disgusting self righteous behavior that US interests act out as they lobby to wage war in countries like Namibia to maintain US business interests. The US needs stupid inartistic Hollywood movies (full of vacant looking rich white people acting out roles which the people who have lived through them couldn't get because they themselves are not silly enough) in short it needs such movies like it needs silly consumer articles made in some sweat shop in a poor country like Namibia.

I know how Brad Pitt conveniently avoids really bringing out things like his bisexuality to maintain his image (despite how many people would care that he by bringing out the truth would make them feel they aren't alone when they fall in love with someone of the sam sex). I know how he is in denial about such things. If he had brought such things out he wouldn't make enough money to be such a joke as he is. He wouldn't produce such movies. I'm quite glad I as a male didn't get involved with him sexually (which he did say he wanted) and I'm also glad you are not part of my life and that it will stay that way!
Jim

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#18
Oct 9, 2006
 

Judged:

1

mickey brett wrote:
i am the mickey brett who threatened paparazzi but lets get one thing straight maddox was nowhere in site when this was done! i cant believe the bullshit that has come out of this small town where 99% of it is untrue. the paparazzi have been asked to leave people alone so if they persist then they only have themselves to blame if the shit hits the fan!! nobody could ever imagine what these nice people have to put up with every day so until you have had first hand experience of what paparazzi are really like then mind your own business and keep your nose out where it is not wanted! and i thank the people who support this family and this subject. mickey
If you are really Mickey Brett, you're a worthless thug.
derrick

Morgantown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#19
Oct 9, 2006
 
I saw the video of where mickey choked the young photographer and threatened him. If he would have tried that crap with me I would have smashed his skull in with my lens.
Pamela

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20
Oct 10, 2006
 
Jesus Christ. Who at 48 years old calls themself Mickey? And the paps are instrusive and parasitic. Yeah, being a target of them is a given but I think there have to be some limits.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of33
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Fight Club Discussions

Search the Fight Club Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Teenagers recreate Fight Club at Golden Gardens... (May '13) May '13 Ben 1
Tyler Durden Picking Up Girls (Nov '12) Nov '12 Brian 1
Brad Pitt plays it straight, donates $100K to s... (Nov '12) Nov '12 concerned American 1
David Fincher: From Star Wars to Fight Club (Aug '12) Aug '12 Dr Stinko 1
Brad Pitt considers retirement (Aug '09) Jul '12 Half Marathon 39
New Chuck P film coming? (Jul '12) Jul '12 LullabyProject 1
Ignite Your Metabolism (Apr '12) Jul '12 Half Marathon 2
•••
•••
•••