Wiccans and Recruiting

Wiccans and Recruiting

There are 67 comments on the paganwiccan.about.com story from Jan 6, 2009, titled Wiccans and Recruiting. In it, paganwiccan.about.com reports that:

Every few months I get a really nice e-mail from someone whose feelings are a bit hurt.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at paganwiccan.about.com.

First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Since: Feb 07

Letterkenny, Ireland

#62 Jan 20, 2009
Hassan wrote:
Now I have a question to you all... Why did you choose pagainsims and where did you first find out about it?
In chronological order; I found out about Wicca and Paganism when a friend confided in me that they liked to do spells but upon hearing the terms he used I realised my understanding of what he was saying and what was intended didn't match up. I'm thinking in particular to the 'Witche's Rune', which he cited was a do what you will or desire spell. This wasn't what I wanted magick for and and decided to seek out the spiritual aspects. I googled and searched through books. I remember reading the White Goddess by Robert Graves at 16 yrs. If only I'd known the impact of this author on the Wiccan and Pagan movement of the 1950s I would have taken notes.

Connecting to Deity also brought a stronger connection to myself. I then realised that the respect that Paganism (primarily Wicca then) held for the World around us and Nature was in allaignment with my own personal ethics and sense of morality. It didn't replace anything that my family and society had taught me but did speak in a unique way to me.

Since then my intellectual studies have continued and my daily practices remind me of the Divine in daily life. Similar to Salat or the 5 Prayers facing Mecca I have 4 Solar prayers to the Divine in life. Then there are astrological aspects to be acquainted with. All of which allows me to reflect upon myself within the realms of the World and the Universe.
Peek-A-Boo

AOL

#63 Jan 26, 2009
Since then my intellectual studies have continued and my daily practices remind me of the Divine in daily life. Similar to Salat or the 5 Prayers facing Mecca I have 4 Solar prayers to the Divine in life. Then there are astrological aspects to be acquainted with. All of which allows me to reflect upon myself within the realms of the World and the Universe

GEEK!
Peek-A-Boo

AOL

#64 Jan 26, 2009
Pharaoh-Nile wrote:
<quoted text>
In chronological order; I found out about Wicca and Paganism when a friend confided in me that they liked to do spells but upon hearing the terms he used I realised my understanding of what he was saying and what was intended didn't match up. I'm thinking in particular to the 'Witche's Rune', which he cited was a do what you will or desire spell. This wasn't what I wanted magick for and and decided to seek out the spiritual aspects. I googled and searched through books. I remember reading the White Goddess by Robert Graves at 16 yrs. If only I'd known the impact of this author on the Wiccan and Pagan movement of the 1950s I would have taken notes.
Connecting to Deity also brought a stronger connection to myself. I then realised that the respect that Paganism (primarily Wicca then) held for the World around us and Nature was in allaignment with my own personal ethics and sense of morality. It didn't replace anything that my family and society had taught me but did speak in a unique way to me.
Since then my intellectual studies have continued and my daily practices remind me of the Divine in daily life. Similar to Salat or the 5 Prayers facing Mecca I have 4 Solar prayers to the Divine in life. Then there are astrological aspects to be acquainted with. All of which allows me to reflect upon myself within the realms of the World and the Universe.
I am sorry I shouldn't have called you a geek, just because you are so damn busy keeping up with all this that makes you what you are. "4 solar prayers" "5 prayers towards Mecca" "astrological aspects" "reflection upon yourself" (which frankly, your posts show you do so well). I shouldn't have called you a geek. I apologise, you're just busy.

“Just Li'l ol' me....LiLi”

Since: Jun 07

Like many others

#65 Jan 26, 2009
No, Nial just said that his prayers are "similar to Salat or the 5 Prayers facing Mecca"..not that he actually does Salat/the 5 prayers facing Mecca. That what he does is 4 solar prayers, what appears to me to be something regarding astrological study and self reflection.

That does make for quite a bit though Nile ;-)

“Just Li'l ol' me....LiLi”

Since: Jun 07

Like many others

#66 Jan 26, 2009
Sorry, Nial should be Nile (brain, non functional tonight....as many would say it is all the time) ;-)

Since: Feb 08

ANOKA, MN

#67 Jan 27, 2009
Ooooh, looks like we've got a new pagan-baiting troll on the boards.

Since: Feb 07

Skibbereen, Ireland

#68 Jan 27, 2009
LiLi LaVeau wrote:
That does make for quite a bit though Nile ;-)
Then there's Tarot and/or divination of some form. I also do meditation. Its a long and at present something usually gets shelved because well daily life intrudes all too often but thats part of the challenge. And off course there's the Holistic fair for Charity (which we heard that others are taking the concept to Drogheda...so WOO!!!) lol

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Fight Club Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News 'Gone Girl' lives up to hype (Oct '14) Oct '14 guest 13
News Teenagers recreate Fight Club at Golden Gardens... (May '13) May '13 Ben 1
Tyler Durden Picking Up Girls (Nov '12) Nov '12 Brian 1
News Brad Pitt plays it straight, donates $100K to s... (Nov '12) Nov '12 concerned American 1
News David Fincher: From Star Wars to Fight Club (Aug '12) Aug '12 Dr Stinko 1
News Brad Pitt considers retirement (Aug '09) Jul '12 Half Marathon 39
New Chuck P film coming? (Jul '12) Jul '12 LullabyProject 1
More from around the web