Wiccans and Recruiting

Jan 6, 2009 Full story: paganwiccan.about.com 67

Every few months I get a really nice e-mail from someone whose feelings are a bit hurt.

Full Story
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

“Dance with Fire- Boycott BS”

Since: Apr 07

Moon

#1 Jan 6, 2009
The link at the bottom of this blog is really helpful- 10 things for teens to do other then practice Wicca (or something to that effect). A good answer to the kids whose parents won't let them study Wicca. I would only add to those suggestions to try hiking & camping.

“A different view”

Since: Sep 08

West Riding

#2 Jan 6, 2009
How about "ten things to do BESIDES studying/practising wicca".

Since: Feb 07

Letterkenny, Ireland

#3 Jan 7, 2009
Ave I have to say I found that very interesting and helpful. Hindsight being 20/20 if I had that when starting out I may have undergone a much stronger fountation for when meeting with other Pagans and Covenmembers here in Ireland. I mean right now I am surrounded by so much vegitation and not an iota of a clue what most of it can be used for!!! And with religions well learning about Catholicism has granted me more insight into who I am as a Progressive Wiccan. Basic psychology 101 really as expressed in the axiom "Know Thyself".
abc

Accord, MA

#4 Jan 7, 2009
Why do you pagans choose to go to hell? Why?

“Dance with Fire- Boycott BS”

Since: Apr 07

Moon

#5 Jan 7, 2009
We don't.

Since: Feb 07

Letterkenny, Ireland

#6 Jan 7, 2009
abc wrote:
We don't just some Christians like to put us through it...

“GO TOPLESS!!”

Since: Apr 08

Monroe, CT

#7 Jan 7, 2009
abc wrote:
Why do you Christians feel the need to put your beliefs on everyone else?

Why?

Do not worry about our lives... worry about your own yard before treading upon others'.

“WOOH!!”

Since: May 08

Vallejo, CA

#8 Jan 7, 2009
abc wrote:
How can we choose to go to a place that doesn't exist?

“Reality = Playdough”

Since: Aug 07

Merced, CA

#9 Jan 8, 2009
abc wrote:
The beer and the music is dam good too. I herd that Hendrix is playing.

“Just Li'l ol' me....LiLi”

Since: Jun 07

Like many others

#10 Jan 8, 2009
abc wrote:
Why do you choose to troll?

Since: Feb 08

ANOKA, MN

#11 Jan 8, 2009
I understood there would be punch and pie...

“GO TOPLESS!!”

Monroe, CT

#12 Jan 8, 2009
DaBroad wrote:
I understood there would be punch and pie...
Mmmmmm... forbidden punch and pie...(drool)...

“A witty saying proves nothing”

Since: Jul 08

Location hidden

#13 Jan 8, 2009
All this squabbling with Henderson seemed to keep the Christian bible thumpers at bay for a while. His recent absence opened a void that was quickly filled... kind of like when the USSR dissolved and the void was filled by Muslim extremists. Goes down to the old Yin and Yang theory.

HENDERSON COME BACK! WE NEED YOU!!! WE'RE GETTING OVER RUN WITH BIBLE BASHERS TRYING TO SAVE US... OR WANTING TO BURN US!!!

God I didn't think I'd ever miss Henderson.

Since: Feb 08

ANOKA, MN

#14 Jan 8, 2009
Whatever happend to Knit'n'Pray? That ignorant, ros'ry draped frame?(I don't know why, that just popped into my head to the tune of "Don't Dream It - Be It")

She was always good for some comic relief...there'd be a tense, earnest discussion going on and then -poof- there would be some inane prayer to St Michael.
abc

Accord, MA

#15 Jan 8, 2009
I am Muslim, It is my duty to convert infidels, and I cannot understand pagans....

“Although they claimed to be wise, they became fools and exchanged the glory of the immortal God for images made to look like mortal man and birds and animals and reptiles. Therefore God gave them over in the sinful desires of their hearts to sexual impurity for the degrading of their bodies with one another"

Thats from a very wise man....

“A witty saying proves nothing”

Since: Jul 08

Location hidden

#16 Jan 8, 2009
Knitty had her moments. She actually showed a nice congenial side on occasion. Then she had that unfortunate incident with the gerbil and we haven't seen much of her since.

“NM Desert Rat”

Since: Mar 08

Elephant Butte, N.M.

#17 Jan 8, 2009
DaBroad wrote:
Whatever happend to Knit'n'Pray? That ignorant, ros'ry draped frame?(I don't know why, that just popped into my head to the tune of "Don't Dream It - Be It")
She was always good for some comic relief...there'd be a tense, earnest discussion going on and then -poof- there would be some inane prayer to St Michael.
Sometimes I miss her too for about 2 seconds.

“NM Desert Rat”

Elephant Butte, N.M.

#18 Jan 8, 2009
Clark Griswold wrote:
Knitty had her moments. She actually showed a nice congenial side on occasion. Then she had that unfortunate incident with the gerbil and we haven't seen much of her since.
I remember that. It was some of the funniest reading I had in a long time.

“NM Desert Rat”

Elephant Butte, N.M.

#19 Jan 8, 2009
abc wrote:
I am Muslim, It is my duty to convert infidels, and I cannot understand pagans....
“Although they claimed to be wise, they became fools and exchanged the glory of the immortal God for images made to look like mortal man and birds and animals and reptiles. Therefore God gave them over in the sinful desires of their hearts to sexual impurity for the degrading of their bodies with one another"
I think the towel wrapped around your head might be a little too tight.

“GO TOPLESS!!”

Monroe, CT

#20 Jan 8, 2009
abc wrote:
Well my friend, you'll find no converts here.

Your "very wise man" doesn't know too much about modern day Pagans.

Try talking to some Pagans... I mean talking, and not converting... and you'll have a better understanding as to what we're all about.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Fight Club Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
'Gone Girl' lives up to hype Oct '14 guest 13
Teenagers recreate Fight Club at Golden Gardens... (May '13) May '13 Ben 1
Tyler Durden Picking Up Girls (Nov '12) Nov '12 Brian 1
Brad Pitt plays it straight, donates $100K to s... (Nov '12) Nov '12 concerned American 1
David Fincher: From Star Wars to Fight Club (Aug '12) Aug '12 Dr Stinko 1
Brad Pitt considers retirement (Aug '09) Jul '12 Half Marathon 39
New Chuck P film coming? (Jul '12) Jul '12 LullabyProject 1
More from around the web