Tom Cruise, Scientology and XENU

Tom Cruise, Scientology and XENU

There are 37 comments on the NowPublic story from Nov 8, 2009, titled Tom Cruise, Scientology and XENU. In it, NowPublic reports that:

On Friday October 23th,2009 ABC News Nightline programme covered a story "HOW SCIENTOLOGY ATTRACTS CELEBRITIES" . Scientology has long sought high-profile public figures as "Walking Success Stories" . Celebrities and the Church of Scientology seem to go hand-in-hand. And actor Tom Cruise is arguably the world's best-known celebrity Scientologist.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NowPublic.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

“I'M NOT MARRIED beautiful girl”

Since: Jul 09

Round Rock,Palo Alto(lol) EDH?

#21 Nov 9, 2009
AnnABananAngel wrote:
<quoted text>
no his not, he became a scientoligist because his carreer was at a low point.who in there right mind would eat a placenta?
Right mind ? Funny, the killers in Texas and in Florida last week they did not have a right mind and those guys don't eat placenta!

“I TOLD you this would happen!”

Since: Aug 09

Location hidden

#22 Nov 9, 2009
Whenever a seemingly intelligent person or group purport a curious, or even to me, a bizarre assertion; I feel compelled to explore their viewpoint to see why such 'rational' folks could insist on such a thing. This practice has served my well and I've learned some things and even some wisdom to add to my own experience. So naturally, because a few whom I had deemed successful and even admirable (such as John and Kelly Travolta) were professing this belief; I read "Dianetics".
I found not one single nugget of wisdom, the insight I saw displayed in the writing was applied to manipulation and pandering to a weakness that I identified as ARROGANCE and the human weakness of self-importance. There are some who carry a prticular weakness for it,(because we ALL have a few, just different ones), and it is no surprise to me that those who have seeked fame and adoration of the masses are predisposed to that line of thinking and self-perception.
As with any weakness, if 'followed' and pursued----grown, if you will; it's warped and twisted nature is eventually exposed and always at the core.
JMHO

“Fly low, fly fast.”

Since: Apr 07

East Midlands, UK

#23 Nov 9, 2009
Hiawadda wrote:
Whenever a seemingly intelligent person or group purport a curious, or even to me, a bizarre assertion; I feel compelled to explore their viewpoint to see why such 'rational' folks could insist on such a thing. This practice has served my well and I've learned some things and even some wisdom to add to my own experience. So naturally, because a few whom I had deemed successful and even admirable (such as John and Kelly Travolta) were professing this belief; I read "Dianetics".
I found not one single nugget of wisdom, the insight I saw displayed in the writing was applied to manipulation and pandering to a weakness that I identified as ARROGANCE and the human weakness of self-importance. There are some who carry a prticular weakness for it,(because we ALL have a few, just different ones), and it is no surprise to me that those who have seeked fame and adoration of the masses are predisposed to that line of thinking and self-perception.
As with any weakness, if 'followed' and pursued----grown, if you will; it's warped and twisted nature is eventually exposed and always at the core.
JMHO
Funny really, my best friend read the book and said the same thing. He also said the book outlines 'how to brainwash people'

Location hidden

#24 Nov 9, 2009
supersonic boom wrote:
<quoted text>
Funny really, my best friend read the book and said the same thing. He also said the book outlines 'how to brainwash people'
It's seduction is apparent in one of their most basic tenets, that members are 'clear' or 'in the clear', which LRH later claimed could be achieved through Scientology. It places one upon a pedestal above the 'abberants' that are the rest of us.
Humility protects one from many blunders and seductions. And I don't think humility is thinking less of oneself; it's thinking of oneself less.
Hmmm

Louisburg, MO

#25 Nov 9, 2009
They are not much different then other cults in my opinion with the exception of treating anyone outside their group as the enemy to be used or abused if they get in the way of anything they want for themselves. Furthermore is the imposing of their beliefs on others such as this example.

http://www.hulu.com/watch/106615/the-colbert-...
Hmmm

Louisburg, MO

#26 Nov 9, 2009
How is that any different then this control?

http://www.sptimes.com/2004/07/18/Tampabay/Sc...
Hmmm

Louisburg, MO

#27 Nov 9, 2009
Individuals have been surrounded and destroyed by groups as much as people may want to deny it and blame the individual victim saying there was something wrong with the individual instead of what was done to them.

It isn't any different then the mafia getting rid of someone who is 'in the way' even if it is sneakier and done in the name of God.

“Out in the West Texas”

Since: Mar 08

town of El Paso

#28 Nov 9, 2009
AnnABananAngel wrote:
<quoted text>
arent we all unstable sometimes? lack of sex perhaps is the cause of it
Well, I personally wouldn't know about that.
I get it practically every day, regardless of whether or not my right hand is tired.

Location hidden

#29 Nov 9, 2009
Hmmm wrote:
They are not much different then other cults in my opinion with the exception of treating anyone outside their group as the enemy to be used or abused if they get in the way of anything they want for themselves. Furthermore is the imposing of their beliefs on others such as this example.
http://www.hulu.com/watch/106615/the-colbert-...
Heck, that's what the religious powers of the day did to Jesus.

Location hidden

#30 Nov 9, 2009
Hmmm wrote:
How is that any different then this control?
http://www.sptimes.com/2004/07/18/Tampabay/Sc...
All that money and investment capital, fueled by a swindle, wow. I never liked that area of Florida anyway.
Pete

Stockton, CA

#31 Nov 9, 2009
Is chef going back to South Park?

Since: Oct 09

Utica, KY

#32 Nov 10, 2009
Hmmm wrote:
Individuals have been surrounded and destroyed by groups as much as people may want to deny it and blame the individual victim saying there was something wrong with the individual instead of what was done to them.
It isn't any different then the mafia getting rid of someone who is 'in the way' even if it is sneakier and done in the name of God.
Yeah, like that one guy that is in deep doo doo for having underage girls in his bed in the Name of Lord GOd Jesus Amen. I believe his name is Micheal and he forced his own son to hand his wife over to him.

“Wit is not always brief”

Since: Nov 09

Southern Ca.

#33 Nov 10, 2009
Pete wrote:
No when he threatened to leave the show if Matt and Trey aired the Scientology episode; Matt and Trey said "F" you and brutally killed his character off. It was epic.

“CO$ sucks and DM swallows!”

Since: Nov 08

Saddle Brook, NJ

#34 Nov 10, 2009
Pete wrote:
Plus, he's dead...

“Wit is not always brief”

Since: Nov 09

Southern Ca.

#35 Nov 10, 2009
Yeah he died sometime last year I think.

“I know where you are,”

Since: Jun 08

Right here under my thumb

#36 Nov 10, 2009
Tom Cruise is a fruitcake...imho

Location hidden

#37 Nov 10, 2009
milwaukee69 wrote:
Tom Cruise is a fruitcake...imho
I saw Tom Cruise spend an evening in 'Papa Joe's' in the French Quarter,(think 'chicks with dicks','weenies in bikinis', lol), and when I was on my way to breakfast at 4AM, he was plastered and walking down Bourbon St., entourage in tow, with one of them who had just gotten off work.) He had just married Nicole, and my other barkeep friends and I knew that wasn't gonna last!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Fatal Attraction Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Florida Hospitals Face Glenn Close-Like Threat (Mar '15) Mar '15 Elyse 1
News Michael Douglas blames oral sex for throat cancer (Jun '13) Oct '13 farm tractors 13
Fatal Attracion (Jul '13) Jul '13 One 1
News Video: Glenn Close: With mental health in mind,... (Jun '13) Jun '13 SirPrize 13
News Michael Douglas blames oral sex for throat cancer (Jun '13) Jun '13 Michael Dumbass 1
News Deep Inside Hollywood (Aug '11) Aug '11 goda 1
News Doing the right thing for himself (Aug '10) Aug '10 tony 12
More from around the web