Escape From L.A. anyone?
The Darbinator

Alpharetta, GA

#1 Jul 2, 2010
I have been wanting to see Escape From New York for a long time. I finally got around to renting it and I decided to rent the sequel, Escape From L.A. to watch with it as a double feature. I loved the first film very much. It was dark and bad ass. I turned on the second one, and I was enjoying it but I didn't know why. It had more action than the first, but it was also over the top and corny. The first movie was more realistic whereas the second one had crazy shit going on. I hated the surfing scene in the second. Kurt looked like he barely aged in that 15 year gap between these two films. I thought it was a decent flick, but the first one was way better. I wish the sequel could have been darker. L.A. wasn't dark enough, it rehashed too many plot points from the first, and the action was over the top.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Escape from New York Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Escape from New York #1 (Dec '14) Dec '14 Kid_Tomorrow 1
News Fifteen Fascinating Facts About Metal Gear Solid (Apr '14) May '14 Solid Liquid 2
News Kurt Russell revs film career back up, talks Ca... (Sep '13) Sep '13 audience 1
News ELVIS (1979) DVD Review (Feb '10) Feb '10 nina 1
News Blog: Ernest Borgnine's naughty fountain of youth (Aug '08) Aug '08 Todd Schuster 1
News 'Escape' Now: '300' Star the New Snake Plissken... (Oct '07) Jun '08 tasha gurrl 2
News Butler pulls out of remake (Nov '07) Feb '08 REMAKES_SUCK 3
More from around the web