Fanciful hats take over Fifth Avenue ...

Fanciful hats take over Fifth Avenue at Easter Parade

There are 3 comments on the The Associated Press story from Apr 8, 2007, titled Fanciful hats take over Fifth Avenue at Easter Parade . In it, The Associated Press reports that:

“And I love to promote them and promote the energy they create.”

Jocelyne Jeannot graced the steps of St. Patrick's Cathedral on Sunday, one hand steadying the fantasia of butterflies perched on her head, the other passing out cards with her e-mail address.

'The base is actually a laundry basket,' she said of her creation, one of dozens of whimsical, elaborate hats on display at the Easter Parade.

A tradition that dates back more than 100 years, the Easter Parade was originally a chance for prosperous New Yorkers to strut their finery after attending services at one of the churches on Fifth Avenue. It was immortalized in the 1948 movie 'Easter Parade' starring Judy Garland and Fred Astaire. Read more

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Associated Press.

Jayash Domgar

Albuquerque, NM

#1 Apr 27, 2007
Great job on your creativity!Easter is A
wonderful holiday. I like all the colors.
I love EASTER BUNNYS!!!!!!!!!!
jaylene Garcia

Albuquerque, NM

#2 Apr 27, 2007
My favorite color is pink.Ilove bunnys!
They are so cute.I love easter because
I love all the cute dresses!
COME ON EVERYBODY LOVE EASTER!!!!!!!!!
Ash Martinez

Albuquerque, NM

#3 Apr 27, 2007
EASTER EASTER BUNNY TIME
TIME TO PLAY SO SAY OK HAY!

My friend and I always join and help.
She always comesup with song.One time she
laughed and laughed in A wered way.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Easter Parade Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Pets Get Decked Out in Bonnets for NYC's Easter... (Apr '10) Apr '10 MILITARY TRUCK FAN 1
News Happy Birthday, Fred Astaire, Dancing Film Star... (May '09) Jan '10 Janet 4
News So You Think You Can Dance Fans Hating Hard on ... (Jul '09) Jul '09 Karenjk 1
News Fanciful hats take over Fifth Ave. at Easter Pa... (Mar '08) Apr '08 Reggie 2
News Hats take over Fifth Ave at Easter Parade (Apr '07) May '07 marg 2
Easter,colored real chicken peeps ( in the 1950's (Mar '07) Mar '07 kathy Martin 1
More from around the web