Django Unchained

Django Unchained

There are 16 comments on the Mountain Xpress story from Jan 1, 2013, titled Django Unchained. In it, Mountain Xpress reports that:

Genre: Tarantinoesque Revisionist Excess Directed by: Quentin Tarantino Starring: Jamie Foxx, Christoph Waltz, Leonardo DiCaprio, Kerry Washington, Samuel L. Jackson Is Django Unchained over the top? Yes, of course it is.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Mountain Xpress.

CRM

Barrington, NH

#1 Jan 2, 2013
Worst....movie....EVER!!!! Srsly, save yourself the $11 and go buy multipacks of toilet paper. Wiping ones ass is time better spent than sitting through this shit-pile of a movie.

Typical over the top garbage from Quentin Tarantino! I am assuming Leonardo DiCaprio and Jamie Foxx were struggling for roles and figured this would be a quick million or two from brain-dead QT fans. Here's how the movie failed:

-Over-use of the "N" word just to get the point across that the movie is set in antebellum south

-Unbelievable plot at best! Really, slaves rose up and got retribution on their masters and/or tried to beg and plead for their spouse not to get whipped? Must've missed that in history class

-Sunglasses....in the 1850's?

- A trip to "Candie-Land"...oh, wait, that was supposed to be funny reference to the children's game

-Musical score was late 1960's early 70's black power music, and Jim Croce...yeah, chew on that.

-Last but not least, ridiculous shoot out scenes. How many f'ing times can you film the same person getting shot?? Over the top gore for "shock" value. I would be more shocked if QT put some thought into his movies.
chico

Houston, TX

#3 Jan 5, 2013
Thanks for the review, saves $11 bucks.. no pun intended. Lol
Steph

San Rafael, CA

#4 Jan 5, 2013
i loved this movie. normally i get VERY antsy during long movies, but I was focused steadfastly during this movie.

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

#5 Feb 3, 2013
Django Unrealistic. What a mocked up mess of a movie. The whole premise is ridiculous and the gore serves no purpose other than to tittilate the masses. Tarentino should apologize for this thing. we deserved so much better from someone who has broken the mold in such creative ways in his previous movies.

“Eyo yo yo Moi”

Since: Feb 13

NEWCASTLE

#6 Feb 5, 2013
I didnt over analyze it a just took it for wot it was entertaining thanks very much

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

#7 Feb 5, 2013
Oh, and Jamie Foxx is a racist piece of crap.
Patty

Maynooth, Ireland

#8 Feb 11, 2013
Django, was one of the finest movies I seen
in ages, Tarantino at his best.

way better than Lincoln. IMO.
Jmoney

Mesquite, TX

#9 Feb 11, 2013
Great movie.I would watch it again.Who ever said its not a good movie is either racist or evil..
CRM & Oversear58 are both racist pricks.
Jmoney

Mesquite, TX

#10 Feb 11, 2013
What a racist A-Hole!
CRM wrote:
Worst....movie....EVER!!!! Srsly, save yourself the $11 and go buy multipacks of toilet paper. Wiping ones ass is time better spent than sitting through this shit-pile of a movie.
Typical over the top garbage from Quentin Tarantino! I am assuming Leonardo DiCaprio and Jamie Foxx were struggling for roles and figured this would be a quick million or two from brain-dead QT fans. Here's how the movie failed:
-Over-use of the "N" word just to get the point across that the movie is set in antebellum south
-Unbelievable plot at best! Really, slaves rose up and got retribution on their masters and/or tried to beg and plead for their spouse not to get whipped? Must've missed that in history class
-Sunglasses....in the 1850's?
- A trip to "Candie-Land"...oh, wait, that was supposed to be funny reference to the children's game
-Musical score was late 1960's early 70's black power music, and Jim Croce...yeah, chew on that.
-Last but not least, ridiculous shoot out scenes. How many f'ing times can you film the same person getting shot?? Over the top gore for "shock" value. I would be more shocked if QT put some thought into his movies.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#11 Feb 12, 2013
Steph wrote:
i loved this movie. normally i get VERY antsy during long movies, but I was focused steadfastly during this movie.
Heard there were hundred's of historical mistakes.....Tarantino only had 1-2 good movies in him....

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

#12 Feb 12, 2013
I won't see this racist, unrealistic piece of crap.
Bubba Craft

Cantonment, FL

#13 Feb 13, 2013
I enjoyed it. Almost as escapist as "Inglorious Basterds".

Sammy Jackson was a great villainous houseboy. Leo made me chuckle- it was obvious he was having a blast.
chck49

United States

#14 Feb 14, 2013
I thought it was already released on dvd.
Erik Holderr

Hampton, VA

#15 Feb 16, 2013
Jmoney wrote:
Great movie.I would watch it again.Who ever said its not a good movie is either racist or evil..
CRM & Oversear58 are both racist pricks.
True dat and if you don't like Broke Back Mountain you are a homophobe. So do you like Broke Back Mountain?
huh

Bend, OR

#16 Feb 19, 2013
just because someone doesn't like Brokeback Mountain doesn't mean they're a homophobe. no logic with that connection!

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

#17 Feb 27, 2013
Bubba Craft wrote:
I enjoyed it. Almost as escapist as "Inglorious Basterds".
Sammy Jackson was a great villainous houseboy. Leo made me chuckle- it was obvious he was having a blast.
Samuel Jackson is an even bigger racist piece of crap than Jamie Foxx

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Drama Movies Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Prince's ex-wife Manuela Testolini honours late... 19 hr Three Rounds 1
News Pink Panther actor Burt Kwouk dies aged 85 21 hr Old Sam 1
News Minnie Driver Denies Vandalizing Neighbor's Hom... May 20 Kevin from Michigan 1
News 'Greed is Good' is not good at all (Sep '10) May 20 dGo mnaDed lyHo i... 6
News Prince Has the No. 1 and 2 Albums This Week Wit... May 20 Amused Octopus 48
News Katy Perry rocked the amfAR gala red carpet. May 19 Duke for Mayor 1
News Prince Beats Michael Jackson's Digital Songs Ch... May 19 Amused Octopus 127
More from around the web