Jewish world mourns Nelson Mandela

Jewish world mourns Nelson Mandela

There are 126 comments on the Jewish Chronicle story from Dec 6, 2013, titled Jewish world mourns Nelson Mandela. In it, Jewish Chronicle reports that:

Israeli President Shimon Peres and Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu have joined world's leaders in paying tribute to Nelson Mandela, following his death at the age of 95. Mr Peres said: "The world has lost a great leader who changed the face of history.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Jewish Chronicle.

Ratloder

Naugatuck, CT

#44 Dec 9, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
You really think Waterbury's problems stem from their current occupants, and not from their manufacturing-industrial history? That shows quite a bit of blindness, in my opinion.
I was born there and watched that "fluid society" destroy the nicest parts of the city. Has nothing to do with mfg-ind history. Those industries employed fine upstanding citizens willing to work. Didn't matter much that they eventually shut down. There's no substitution for SNAP coupons and SS. Those neighborhoods were always clean and you didn't need a hard hat to walk to the store. I remember when I became Dinosaur age, I went to the local SS office to get my SS card. Place was packed. Cars were getting tickets out front as they were parked on the sidewalks. The ramparage was just too far of a walk for all those little ones. The oldest person I saw was about 40. Most were younger. The person at the counter said, "Over here, Sir. You're gonna be easy". As for my blindness, my eyes are wide shut. LOL

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#45 Dec 9, 2013
Ratloder wrote:
<quoted text>
I was born there and watched that "fluid society" destroy the nicest parts of the city. Has nothing to do with mfg-ind history. Those industries employed fine upstanding citizens willing to work. Didn't matter much that they eventually shut down. There's no substitution for SNAP coupons and SS. Those neighborhoods were always clean and you didn't need a hard hat to walk to the store. I remember when I became Dinosaur age, I went to the local SS office to get my SS card. Place was packed. Cars were getting tickets out front as they were parked on the sidewalks. The ramparage was just too far of a walk for all those little ones. The oldest person I saw was about 40. Most were younger. The person at the counter said, "Over here, Sir. You're gonna be easy". As for my blindness, my eyes are wide shut. LOL
Earth to Mr Ratloder

The industrial base is gone, gone, gone. And with it, the jobs.

The fate of many a New England city.

Location hidden

#46 Dec 9, 2013
Ratloder wrote:
<quoted text>
Some fun facts about your birthplace - Note that the politicians that drove it into the ground shared your racial heritage.

"...At its peak during World War II, 10,000 people worked at the Scovill Manufacturing Co, later sold to Century Brass. The city's metal manufacturing mills (Scovill Manufacturing, Anaconda American Brass, and Chase Brass & Copper were the largest) occupied more than 2 million square feet (180,000 m²) and more than 90 buildings..."

"Waterbury's economic decline in the 1970s and 1980s resulted in it being ranked as having the worst quality of life of 300 U.S. metropolitan areas by Money Magazine in 1992. Waterbury was rated as one of the "10 Worst Places to Live in America" in the 1999 Places Rated Almanac.[12] Waterbury was also rated as one of the "Worst Places for Businesses and Careers in America" by Forbes Magazine in April 2008..."

"...Waterbury's scandalous past dates back to 1940 when Mayor T. Frank Hayes and 22 others were convicted of conspiracy to defraud the City of Waterbury..."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Waterbury,_Conne...

"...Philip Anthony Giordano (born March 25, 1963) is the former Republican mayor of Waterbury, Connecticut, and a convicted sex offender....While investigating municipal corruption,[1][2] the FBI discovered phone records and pictures of Giordano with a prostitute, as well as with her 10-year-old niece and her eight-year-old daughter.[3] He was arrested on July 26, 2001, and, in March 2003, was convicted of 14 counts of using an interstate device,[4] his cell phone, to arrange sexual contact with children.[5] He was also convicted of violating the girls' civil rights..."

"...John Grosvenor Rowland (born May 24, 1957) is a former American politician and current political commentator...In 2004, Rowland resigned from office during a corruption investigation, and later pleaded guilty in federal court to a one-count indictment for conspiracy to commit honest services fraud, mail fraud and tax fraud.[1][2].."

Since: May 08

Location hidden

#47 Dec 9, 2013
Ratloder wrote:
<quoted text>
Great legacy. Look at where SA is today. Bottom rung of the evolution scale. Hey, it's something.
South Africa is in a terrible way Crimes is on the rise ,Organised criminals are running rampart throughout S.A. Anarchy is wide spread it badly needs a strong Leadership and Direction.

Location hidden

#48 Dec 9, 2013
Justice League wrote:
<quoted text>
South Africa is in a terrible way Crimes is on the rise ,Organised criminals are running rampart throughout S.A. Anarchy is wide spread it badly needs a strong Leadership and Direction.
Ja vol, Herr kommandant!

Yumpin Yimminy

“Yee vizz”

Since: Dec 12

Central Connecticut

#50 Dec 10, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Some fun facts about your birthplace - Note that the politicians that drove it into the ground shared your racial heritage.
"...At its peak during World War II, 10,000 people worked at the Scovill Manufacturing Co, later sold to Century Brass. The city's metal manufacturing mills (Scovill Manufacturing, Anaconda American Brass, and Chase Brass & Copper were the largest) occupied more than 2 million square feet (180,000 m²) and more than 90 buildings..."
"Waterbury's economic decline in the 1970s and 1980s resulted in it being ranked as having the worst quality of life of 300 U.S. metropolitan areas by Money Magazine in 1992. Waterbury was rated as one of the "10 Worst Places to Live in America" in the 1999 Places Rated Almanac.[12] Waterbury was also rated as one of the "Worst Places for Businesses and Careers in America" by Forbes Magazine in April 2008..."
"...Waterbury's scandalous past dates back to 1940 when Mayor T. Frank Hayes and 22 others were convicted of conspiracy to defraud the City of Waterbury..."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Waterbury,_Conne...
"...Philip Anthony Giordano (born March 25, 1963) is the former Republican mayor of Waterbury, Connecticut, and a convicted sex offender....While investigating municipal corruption,[1][2] the FBI discovered phone records and pictures of Giordano with a prostitute, as well as with her 10-year-old niece and her eight-year-old daughter.[3] He was arrested on July 26, 2001, and, in March 2003, was convicted of 14 counts of using an interstate device,[4] his cell phone, to arrange sexual contact with children.[5] He was also convicted of violating the girls' civil rights..."
"...John Grosvenor Rowland (born May 24, 1957) is a former American politician and current political commentator...In 2004, Rowland resigned from office during a corruption investigation, and later pleaded guilty in federal court to a one-count indictment for conspiracy to commit honest services fraud, mail fraud and tax fraud.[1][2].."
Sure. It's not their empty Popeye chicken containers, Mc'd wrappers, syringes and empty Colt 45 bottles laying in the gutters in front of their shit shacks. It's those crooked politicians that caused that blight. Let's face the facts, Freeholies, not all men were created equal. That similarity ended when they popped that nasty head out of the VeeJayjay. Incidentally, I left Waterbury to serve my country and never returned there as a resident. How about that crap-hole you claim as paradise?

Since: May 08

Location hidden

#51 Dec 10, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Ja vol, Herr kommandant!
What ? Perhaps there is no hope for someone like you,

Location hidden

#52 Dec 10, 2013
Yumpin Yimminy wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure. It's not their empty Popeye chicken containers, Mc'd wrappers, syringes and empty Colt 45 bottles laying in the gutters in front of their shit shacks. It's those crooked politicians that caused that blight. Let's face the facts, Freeholies, not all men were created equal. That similarity ended when they popped that nasty head out of the VeeJayjay. Incidentally, I left Waterbury to serve my country and never returned there as a resident. How about that crap-hole you claim as paradise?
Thank you for your service.

Now it would of been nice if you actually learned something while serving.

Its my country too. And theirs. Whoever the boogeyman you create to make yourself feel better.

Yumpin Yimminy

“Yee vizz”

Central Connecticut

#53 Dec 10, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you for your service.
Now it would of been nice if you actually learned something while serving.
Its my country too. And theirs. Whoever the boogeyman you create to make yourself feel better.
I didn't create it and it don't make me feel better. I see it and it saddens me. I learned quite a lot working with a great cross section of people from all over the U.S.. The major thing was there isn't anything free. Well, there WASN'T anything free. You worked hard and good things happened. Today, entitlements are sought first, a job is secondary. Watching you address the poster about the conditions in SA tells me you will deny the truth and blame anybody but those that deserve it. I call it a bleeding heart liberal or a minority that believes the system was designed to support them on the backs of the worker bee. In the meantime, they crap all over the neighborhood they live in because it's somebody else's job to clean up after them. That's my story and I'm sticking with it.
Ratloder

Naugatuck, CT

#54 Dec 10, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Ja vol, Herr kommandant!
All part of a fluid society. Get with the program. LOL

Location hidden

#55 Dec 10, 2013
Yumpin Yimminy wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't create it and it don't make me feel better. I see it and it saddens me. I learned quite a lot working with a great cross section of people from all over the U.S.. The major thing was there isn't anything free. Well, there WASN'T anything free. You worked hard and good things happened. Today, entitlements are sought first, a job is secondary. Watching you address the poster about the conditions in SA tells me you will deny the truth and blame anybody but those that deserve it. I call it a bleeding heart liberal or a minority that believes the system was designed to support them on the backs of the worker bee. In the meantime, they crap all over the neighborhood they live in because it's somebody else's job to clean up after them. That's my story and I'm sticking with it.
Another selfish imp who is convinced that everyone else gets the free goodies except him.

Turn off Rush and take a breath, man. No one is coming for your guns, your kids, or your candy wrappers.

Crap on the ground is the least of societies problems. Would be nice if you took a serious look at the actual situation instead of spending energy on hate.

And again, thank you for your service.(that said, I didnt ask you to serve, and you shall get no free stuff as a result).

Location hidden

#56 Dec 10, 2013
Ratloder wrote:
<quoted text>
All part of a fluid society. Get with the program. LOL
But I am not the one upset because I live in a blue state.

Yumpin Yimminy

“Yee vizz”

Central Connecticut

#57 Dec 10, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
But I am not the one upset because I live in a blue state.
Why would you be? You bask in its warmth. My house is paid for, so I'm stuck. True, I long for the good old days. No tinted windows on stolen Hondas. No Rap booming out of stolen Hondas. No stolen blue headlights glaring at you from stolen Hondas. No curtains hanging out the windows and couches on the sidewalk next to those stolen Hondas. Don't forget to curb that Pit Bull, Freeholies. LOL

Yumpin Yimminy

“Yee vizz”

Central Connecticut

#58 Dec 10, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Another selfish imp who is convinced that everyone else gets the free goodies except him.
Turn off Rush and take a breath, man. No one is coming for your guns, your kids, or your candy wrappers.
Crap on the ground is the least of societies problems. Would be nice if you took a serious look at the actual situation instead of spending energy on hate.
And again, thank you for your service.(that said, I didnt ask you to serve, and you shall get no free stuff as a result).
But, you're wrong. I get free stuff. Difference is I worked my whole life to get my SS and Medicare. As I said, you work hard and good things happen. Key words, Freeholy are work and earn. Not shiftless, lazy, maybe illegal, trash feeding at the public trough. You can denigrate my service all you like, but I did it for me. Not you. Not for free stuff. Those values escape the likes of you. Now, get him licensed and curb that dog.

Location hidden

#59 Dec 10, 2013
Yumpin Yimminy wrote:
<quoted text>
But, you're wrong. I get free stuff. Difference is I worked my whole life to get my SS and Medicare. As I said, you work hard and good things happen. Key words, Freeholy are work and earn. Not shiftless, lazy, maybe illegal, trash feeding at the public trough. You can denigrate my service all you like, but I did it for me. Not you. Not for free stuff. Those values escape the likes of you. Now, get him licensed and curb that dog.
You speak in stereotypes that have no basis in reality. The idea that food stamps are correlated with unemployment is a myth. The data says otherwise.

Location hidden

#60 Dec 10, 2013
Yumpin Yimminy wrote:
<quoted text>
Why would you be? You bask in its warmth. My house is paid for, so I'm stuck. True, I long for the good old days. No tinted windows on stolen Hondas. No Rap booming out of stolen Hondas. No stolen blue headlights glaring at you from stolen Hondas. No curtains hanging out the windows and couches on the sidewalk next to those stolen Hondas. Don't forget to curb that Pit Bull, Freeholies. LOL
You seem miserable. You should move, especially if your house is paid for.

I see you have stereotypes towards pit bulls as well. I own one. Its a couch potato and if provoked, would lick you to death.

Rap? No one plays that anymore. Are you over 50?

Since: Dec 13

Geneva, IL

#61 Dec 10, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
You speak in stereotypes that have no basis in reality. The idea that food stamps are correlated with unemployment is a myth. The data says otherwise.
Have you been following the McDonalds picketing where the workers say that they are on food stamps because McDonalds doesn't pay a living wage.

Location hidden

#63 Dec 10, 2013
ericfromchi wrote:
<quoted text>Have you been following the McDonalds picketing where the workers say that they are on food stamps because McDonalds doesn't pay a living wage.
Yes, I have been.

No one could live solely on food stamps anyhow. Nor on unemployment. These are not large sums.

I was unemployment briefly about 10 years ago. I think my benefit was like 400 a month or something like that. Of course I had no children.

Yumpin Yimminy

“Yee vizz”

Central Connecticut

#64 Dec 10, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
You seem miserable. You should move, especially if your house is paid for.
I see you have stereotypes towards pit bulls as well. I own one. Its a couch potato and if provoked, would lick you to death.
Rap? No one plays that anymore. Are you over 50?
Can you read? I collect SS and Medicare. Is that possible under 50? No Sh!t. You're way ahead of the game. I stereotype? I see it daily. Shopping carts stacked to over flowing with stuff I don't consider necessities. Paid for with SNAP coupons. Being stacked into the trunk of a fine automobile. Nice clothes. Somebody is beating the system and guess what? They ain't white. As for me moving. Where would I go? My family is here. Should I take out another mortgage to satisfy the likes of you? No thanks. I was here first. I'm not miserable. Well, only when talking with you. This is a thread where opinions are floated out and, while they may seem like those of us with opposing opinions are miserable, to you, it's quite the opposite. When I go home and turn on my security system, I can't be happier. Of course I have my little friend to help me if something should change that scenario. I'll be fine, Freeholies. Just don't come knocking. Uh, Pits are the pits. I bagged you. Why's that? Huh? To you, I'm miserable. To me, you're on the dole.
Rambeaux

Berwyn, PA

#65 Dec 10, 2013
Mandela loved Jews almost as much as he loved Boers.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Drama Movies Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Trump's repeated claim that he won a 'landslide... 1 hr Repukke watch 458
News LGBTQ Activist Cleve Jones: 'I'm Well Aware How... 5 hr Flordia Gator 18
News Entertaining 'Legends in Concert' at Foxwoods Dec 5 Memphisrain 2
News The Horror Movie Actors Behind The Iconic Masks Dec 4 asmit35 1
News Removing the second 'L' from Lincoln Dec 2 Jeff Brightone 1
News Welcome to the Presidential Transition from Hell Nov 30 o see the light 1
News Some blacks applaud Castro legacy of racial equ... Nov 30 Frogface Kate 1
More from around the web