Photos: What hung on your bedroom wal...

Photos: What hung on your bedroom wall as a kid?

There are 130 comments on the USA Today story from Oct 11, 2013, titled Photos: What hung on your bedroom wall as a kid?. In it, USA Today reports that:

For this week's Spineless Classics giveaway, I asked you guys to tell me what hung on your bedroom walls when you were younger.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at USA Today.

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#112 Dec 13, 2013
I didn't have photos or posters because I was allowed to paint all over my bedroom walls when I was a kid. My parents encouraged creativity in their children. I painted life size murals of mythical gods all over the walls and my little brother's nightmares had them come out of the wall to get him. Lol

They would have made a great backdrop for MJ's Thriller.

“Waiting for f'loons to wake up”

Since: Dec 06

Goofybaboon's Not Listening

#113 Dec 15, 2013
Octopus wrote:
Michael Jackson looked like a creature from the white lagoon or rather an ugly lizard/toad. His scalp was probably spotted from when he went up in flames in 1984 while doing that laughable Pepsi spot. He could no longer grow hair and was as bald as a bowling ball. And his nasty finger nails were thick and brown. They were like claws of an animal. He had a clown mug with llama eyes, a pinched up plastic honker, a wide clown mouth and a newly formed shoe box chin with an ass crack indented into it. It was brown like there was shit impacted inside.
Just the thought of someone who had to use their ear to rebuild their nose simply because they chopped their nose too short- makes me think "screwball". When the revealation of tattoed eyebrows and pink lips came out - it was more like "Wacko WACKO screwball"
Octopus

Albany, NY

#114 Dec 15, 2013
Reality_Awaits wrote:
<quoted text>
Just the thought of someone who had to use their ear to rebuild their nose simply because they chopped their nose too short- makes me think "screwball". When the revealation of tattoed eyebrows and pink lips came out - it was more like "Wacko WACKO screwball"
The clown made himself into a clown.
I WANT YOU BACK MICHAEL

UK

#116 Dec 15, 2013
I want you back Michael-to see you again

I want you back Michael -to see you smile one more time

I want you back Michael -to see your beautiful face

I want you back Michael-when you take the stage
With you beautiful flowing hair and sweat coming
Down your face and when you gaze in the crowd with your baby brown eyes.and say I Love you
But Michael Jackson we Love you More

And my awesome beautiful Michael-when you open your Mouth to sing.what an angel.and what a
Sweet and powerful voice.and when you write your songs and all your feelings come flooding out

I want you back Michael-when you speak when you speak in your gentle and soft voice.and your sweet laugh and giggle.and what fun and Joy you were Michael.

I want you back Michael for all your hard world.and the Millions of charities you have helped across the world and mostly without attention and praise
How many times have you healed the world Michael

I wabt you back Michael to see the greatest entetainer and showman of all time.and the awesome wonderful amazing genius

I wabt you back my awesome sweet Michael
So you can look down and see what Joy and happiness you gave to the world.and you could
See how very special you are.and how much you Mean the world to us.you are my life.Michael Jackson you are my everything.you have Just touched so many peoples hearts.you will always be in my heart.your forever on my Mind.in my thoughts.Gosh how I Miss you Michael
Just hope you knew Michael Just how truly loved you were.
I WANT YOU BACK MICHAEL

UK

#117 Dec 15, 2013
Octopus wrote:
<quoted text>
In the Motown era, The Jackson 5 did a plenty of covers and crap that was written for them from songwriters sending demos for little Michael to record.
Some prime examples of early Jackson 5 or early solo covers:
Clifton Davis's "Never Can Say Goodbye"
Thruston Moore's "Little Bitty Pretty One"
Jackson Brown's "Doctor My Eyes"
The Supremes "Forever Came Today"
Mick Jackson's "Blame It On The Boogie"
And even covers in his early solo career like:
Bobby Day's Rockin Robin"
Bill Wither's "Ain't No Sunshine"
Later, Michael Jackson covered:
Paul McCartney's "Girlfriend"
Charlie Chaplin's "Smile"
The Beatles "Come Together" and more...
Since Elvis had a production company that also sent him songs, some of them were covers but most were original tunes written for him in mind. Learn how the recording industry did things in those days, floon.
Wacko bought songs from other songwriters and claimed them as his own in later years. We've all seen his second grade handwritings. He couldn't even spell, a lot like you.
The clown died nude in his own urine and shit. Dr Murray holding his disgusting penis with his large black hands.
Maybe the Jackson 5 did a few covers.but Michael vocals on be not always.oh my god was amazing
Michael did duets with other people.but most of his.adult solo he wrote himself.Michael is Just a song writing genius.Elvis was right place right time
Maybe he could sing.but thats all he had going for him. Elvis couldnt dance.write songs.his films were so bad.what could this fake king do nothing can you except that.he wasnt even good looking.I guess you like fat Elvis.who was found on the toilet
Eating burgars and chips.in a pile of his own crap

Michael Jackson had the hunger to be the best
And no other Artist will ever take his place
Michael was Just so breath taking.he had the right stuff.the hot stuff.and Just everything
How he touched so many peoples hearts
He was the showman the Master.he was Just
Dynamic.he changed the world of music forever

Long Live the king Michael Jackson
I love you Michael Jackson

“at yet more f'loonspin”

Since: Aug 11

I live far away from f'loons

#118 Dec 15, 2013
Reality_Awaits wrote:
<quoted text>
Just the thought of someone who had to use their ear to rebuild their nose simply because they chopped their nose too short- makes me think "screwball". When the revealation of tattoed eyebrows and pink lips came out - it was more like "Wacko WACKO screwball"
Let'a not forget the tattoo on his scalp to cover his bald spot
Octopus

Albany, NY

#119 Dec 16, 2013
I WANT YOU BACK MICHAEL wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe the Jackson 5 did a few covers.but Michael vocals on be not always.oh my god was amazing
Michael did duets with other people.but most of his.adult solo he wrote himself.Michael is Just a song writing genius.Elvis was right place right time
Maybe he could sing.but thats all he had going for him. Elvis couldnt dance.write songs.his films were so bad.what could this fake king do nothing can you except that.he wasnt even good looking.I guess you like fat Elvis.who was found on the toilet
Eating burgars and chips.in a pile of his own crap
Michael Jackson had the hunger to be the best
And no other Artist will ever take his place
Michael was Just so breath taking.he had the right stuff.the hot stuff.and Just everything
How he touched so many peoples hearts
He was the showman the Master.he was Just
Dynamic.he changed the world of music forever
Long Live the king Michael Jackson
I love you Michael Jackson
Apparently, Elvis had a lot going for him because he is still charting and getting gold and platinum albums thirty six years in the ground. No other dead rock legend except for The Beatles is doing that on that massive scale. Twenty new gold and platinum awards coming his way. Elvis never claimed to have written songs. Elvis gained weight towards the end of his life but Wacko has a butchered freak for over twenty years. You can say anything you want about the quality of Elvis movies but he was the star of every one of them. Michael Jackson was not an actor and certainly did not make a film like "Jailhouse Rock" or "King Creole" Since Elvis played bass, guitar and played piano both live and in the studio, he was certainly more talented than Michael Jackson. Though not known as a dancer, Elvis danced if the song called for it. Your claim of Michael having the hunger to be the best is also quite laughable because he did not do anything musical for eight to twelve years before his death. Elvis played thousands of sold out concerts between 1969-1977 and recorded twenty five studio albums in his last eight years. In reality, Elvis is still the biggest entertainment legend of all time and people are still talking about him. I have 3000 Elvis CD's sweetheart. I know Wacko will never be Elvis and you know it too. Cut the bull and accept that Michael was the self proclaimed king in his own warped mind. Elvis is the one with the 50th top ten album in the UK right now and the one with three Christmas albums on the billboard top 200. Where is Michael Jackson? I did not see him anywhere on the charts, dear. It is almost Christmas. People buy music as gifts. No Wacko on any chart. Very telling, isn't it?
Octopus

Albany, NY

#120 Dec 16, 2013
*Wacko was a butchered freak for over twenty years....
I WANT YOU BACK MICHAEL

Croydon, UK

#121 Dec 16, 2013
Michael the only person in my room.he just so awesome.so hot.full of sexyness..hes just the most gorgeous man you have ever seen.talk about breath taking.he has such a beautiful face.and hes smile lights up every room.and his gorgeous baby brown eyes.hes the perfect man for any room
Mines Michael through and through.even my dressing table full of him.when anybody asks me what I want for christmas I always say as long its
Michael.but they told me I have to wait and see
You never know I may have some more things to add.I have him on my mug just everywhere.
Books and mags of him everywhere.
Hes just a truly wonderful man.

“at yet more f'loonspin”

Since: Aug 11

I live far away from f'loons

#122 Dec 16, 2013
I WANT YOU BACK MICHAEL wrote:
when anybody asks me what I want for christmas I always say as long its
Michael.but they told me I have to wait and see
You never know I may have some more things to add.I have him on my mug just everywhere.
Books and mags of him everywhere.
Hes just a truly wonderful man.
What you're getting for christmas may be visits to a psychiatrist.

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#123 Dec 17, 2013
Len is Disgusted wrote:
<quoted text>
What you're getting for christmas may be visits to a psychiatrist.
What are you getting, a big MJ carrot.......? Bwhahahahaha
I WANT YOU BACK MICHAEL

UK

#124 Jan 3, 2014
Before I start I am just going to say.this is to talk about photos.thats the topix

Its getting hot in here.its getting very hot in here
I dont know if any fans have brought the 2014 Michael Jackson calendar .but gosh the pictures of him are very hot.have you seen the most beautiful man in the world.that will go with the rest of my picture of Michael on my wall.frame pictures of him on my dressing table and my cushion and pillors of Michael.My room very much.Michael Jackson.thats what everybody says to me.like I have been told you cant get a better man then Michael on your wall.
Gosh I Love you Michael.
Octopus

Albany, NY

#125 Jan 4, 2014
I WANT YOU BACK MICHAEL wrote:
Before I start I am just going to say.this is to talk about photos.thats the topix
Its getting hot in here.its getting very hot in here
I dont know if any fans have brought the 2014 Michael Jackson calendar .but gosh the pictures of him are very hot.have you seen the most beautiful man in the world.that will go with the rest of my picture of Michael on my wall.frame pictures of him on my dressing table and my cushion and pillors of Michael.My room very much.Michael Jackson.thats what everybody says to me.like I have been told you cant get a better man then Michael on your wall.
Gosh I Love you Michael.
It is probably getting very hot in your room because the devil is seeking to steal your soul through your laughable blind obsession with the clown. Besides, I haven't seen any 2014 Michael Jackson calenders sold in my area. My wife and I go for Dachshund or puppy calenders, which we have by the kitchen table. The only places that I see Michael Jackson merchandise is at discount stores, flea markets and places like the Salvation Army. They sit there unsold on clearance. It is too bad that you probably pay top dollar for that crap in England because in the US, Michael is real cheap. A few years back, I actually saw a 75% off clearance table with Jacko's 2009 "King Of Pop" junk like t shirts, hats, binders, hardcover books, pen and pencil sets, pins, posters, notebooks and even framed Jacko images going for 25 cents a piece. The clown was just about as ugly as that freak, Marilyn Manson. The clown's overstock merchandise failed to sell in his death year and since it did not sell, it all became dusty dollar tree items. The clown destoyed his legacy and today is a chain of slot machines at various gambling casinos.
I WANT YOU BACK MICHAEL

Croydon, UK

#126 Jan 4, 2014
How safe you feel with the sweetest angel in your room.who better to wake up to every Morning and have sweet dreams about.and MJ sold out every where here.Angel is Michael Jackson
Octopus

Albany, NY

#127 Jan 4, 2014
I WANT YOU BACK MICHAEL wrote:
How safe you feel with the sweetest angel in your room.who better to wake up to every Morning and have sweet dreams about.and MJ sold out every where here.Angel is Michael Jackson
Well, the clown is not on the billboard top 200 album charts in the UK either because I checked. Everybody knows that Britian has a few of their own artists that are basically unknown in the states. It was like that for years. Bands like The Sex Pistols, The Clash, The Damned even Squeeze and The Jam were more popular in the UK than they ever were in the United States. Of course, that was the eighties. Where I am from, we listened to mostly Heavy Metal in those days. The clown was strictly for five year olds. You can claim that the clown sold out everywhere where you live but there is no way of me knowing. All I can honestly say is that what I see in my area. Besides, I do not know why you keep calling him an angel when it is obvious that he was far from that. We all know of his behavior and his lies.

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#128 Jan 4, 2014
Octopus wrote:
<quoted text>
It is probably getting very hot in your room because the devil is seeking to steal your soul through your laughable blind obsession with the clown. Besides, I haven't seen any 2014 Michael Jackson calenders sold in my area. My wife and I go for Dachshund or puppy calenders, which we have by the kitchen table. The only places that I see Michael Jackson merchandise is at discount stores, flea markets and places like the Salvation Army. They sit there unsold on clearance. It is too bad that you probably pay top dollar for that crap in England because in the US, Michael is real cheap. A few years back, I actually saw a 75% off clearance table with Jacko's 2009 "King Of Pop" junk like t shirts, hats, binders, hardcover books, pen and pencil sets, pins, posters, notebooks and even framed Jacko images going for 25 cents a piece. The clown was just about as ugly as that freak, Marilyn Manson. The clown's overstock merchandise failed to sell in his death year and since it did not sell, it all became dusty dollar tree items. The clown destoyed his legacy and today is a chain of slot machines at various gambling casinos.
Better stay outta those low end dollar dives and start shopping in some real places. Is that where you get your Elvis posters? Bet they sell for 10 cents.
Octopus

Albany, NY

#129 Jan 4, 2014
Jermaine 7 wrote:
<quoted text> Better stay outta those low end dollar dives and start shopping in some real places. Is that where you get your Elvis posters? Bet they sell for 10 cents.
I go to discount stores because you can get more for the value vs paying top dollar for the same product. Maybe you do not like saving money and getting bargains but I do. The items are the exact same brands and quality, Jermaine. Some places do have a lot of unsold Michael, which come in the form of CD's and DVD's on clearance. I've only seen Michael Jackson posters at "The Christmas Tree Shop" While true that the discount stores do carry some lower end Elvis merchandise, it is gone as soon as they stock it. That was the case over Christmas. It wasn't Elvis posters but Elvis coffee mug sets. They sold out off all them while Jacko was packed with unsold posters. And since you are impressed by high end department stores, my wife bought me a framed Elvis print at one of those expensive places. Only one left.

Try $50 for the Elvis print that was on sale.

It is interesting because it is a newspaper headline print of when Elvis was drafted in the army. For some reason, I am seeing a lot of Jimi Hendrix framed art. It depends where you go.

“at yet more f'loonspin”

Since: Aug 11

I live far away from f'loons

#130 Jan 4, 2014
I WANT YOU BACK MICHAEL wrote:
How safe you feel with the sweetest angel in your room.who better to wake up to every Morning and have sweet dreams about.and MJ sold out every where here.Angel is Michael Jackson
First, of all, I'm not a little boy, so I feel very safe, knowing I would never awaken at 5a.m. and see that half-lizard alien sitting on the end of my bed. Secondly, he's dead. So, I feel even safer.

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#131 Jan 5, 2014
Len is Disgusted wrote:
<quoted text>
First, of all, I'm not a little boy, so I feel very safe, knowing I would never awaken at 5a.m. and see that half-lizard alien sitting on the end of my bed. Secondly, he's dead. So, I feel even safer.
ah...Len...you wish Michael was in your bed and you know it......

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#132 Jan 5, 2014
Octopus wrote:
<quoted text>
I go to discount stores because you can get more for the value vs paying top dollar for the same product. Maybe you do not like saving money and getting bargains but I do. The items are the exact same brands and quality, Jermaine. Some places do have a lot of unsold Michael, which come in the form of CD's and DVD's on clearance. I've only seen Michael Jackson posters at "The Christmas Tree Shop" While true that the discount stores do carry some lower end Elvis merchandise, it is gone as soon as they stock it. That was the case over Christmas. It wasn't Elvis posters but Elvis coffee mug sets. They sold out off all them while Jacko was packed with unsold posters. And since you are impressed by high end department stores, my wife bought me a framed Elvis print at one of those expensive places. Only one left.
Try $50 for the Elvis print that was on sale.
It is interesting because it is a newspaper headline print of when Elvis was drafted in the army. For some reason, I am seeing a lot of Jimi Hendrix framed art. It depends where you go.
uh huh...lol...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Drama Movies Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News 'Awards Chatter' Podcast - Justin Lin 4 hr TW_sugar_daddio 2
News Report It Wrap: The history of the Terre Haute ... 21 hr SHTF 2
News Finding Dory - Movie Review Sat Kelly - D J 2
News Keanu Reeves' side project: Building $100k moto... Fri Anna Romanovskaja 1
News Beyond the leg lamp: A trip to the 'Christmas S... (Mar '10) Jul 20 How Boutit 2
News Florida project breeds 'Finding Dory' fish in c... Jul 20 kelly - DJ 2
News Corey Feldman celebrates his 45th birthday at I... Jul 20 Heavy Fed 1
More from around the web