Leave Fat People Alone

Feb 18, 2010 Full story: TheDailyBeast.com 11

Director Kevin Smith got kicked off a Southwest Airlines flight. Is it time for the hefty to have a Stonewall moment? Kevin Smith is mad as hell as he's not going to take it anymore.

Full Story
blast off

Annapolis, MD

#1 Feb 18, 2010
get off the airplane- fat ass- and stop invading my seat. go to the gym- pathetic whiner.
Huh

Downey, CA

#2 Feb 18, 2010
Nobody is picking on Fat people. They just want the seat they paid for without others in the same space. Is that too much to ask?
Talking Bob

La Verne, CA

#4 Feb 21, 2010
You want it to be acceptable to overflow into my seat but you'd object if I asked you to hold my bag on your lap in return....

If you have to WD-40 your hips in order to fit into an airline seat, then you should ride your bike to your destination....for you and for me.
big man

Collierville, TN

#5 Feb 23, 2010
quit whinning Kevin if your ass & sides dont fit then you must aquit
Frq Flyr

Oklahoma City, OK

#6 Feb 23, 2010
Kevin, you knew the policy, thats why you bought 2 seats on a later fly. I'm sick of someone in my seat that I paid for.
jim

United States

#7 Feb 23, 2010
That's what we're trying to do, leave them alone, anywhere but on the airplane
CHAS

Brooklyn, NY

#8 Feb 23, 2010
kevin smith is a fat-ass that likes to complain about not fitting in his seat...he should buy his two seats and quit bickering like a whino already...

enough of this childishness

Since: Feb 10

London, England

#9 Feb 23, 2010
Haha, this is funny as heck. Should be enough to motivate you to lose weight though, huh? lol
capt honeybun

Port Arthur, TX

#10 Feb 24, 2010
Anyone ever think that to EVACUATE and have a LARGE person in an aisle seat...can impede one's access to the aisle to get off the a/c? If you are big- then sit in window seats..notice plural...and NOT block access to the aisle. Sorry - but having to evac- and have a big one in an aisle seat is like scaling Mt. Everest - to get OFF the a/c. Beging big- does not mean speed to move the bulk.
skycowgirl

Longmont, CO

#11 Feb 25, 2010
I totally agree with you and have wondered why this point has not been made in the plethora of articles out there? Mr. Smith KNEW that he was a "Customer of Size" and originally made the right decision to buy the two seats. Granted, SWA could have handled it better - like not letting him board earlier as standby - with only one seat left. And the Captain probably should have let it go for the short flight, once he was settled in. In the end,Kevin has come out the winner, milking this for every bit of free publicity and then more.
Frq Flyr wrote:
Kevin, you knew the policy, thats why you bought 2 seats on a later fly. I'm sick of someone in my seat that I paid for.
Beef Stew

Houston, TX

#12 Mar 1, 2010
An overweight second-rate director from LaLa-land gets kicked off an airplane for raising a fuss on Air Greyhound...YAWN! Who cares?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dogma Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
10 Anti-Christianity movies (Apr '11) May '12 aur56 10
Alanis Morissette gives birth to a baby boy (Dec '10) Jan '12 Guinness Drinker 4
Kevin Smith's Promotional Beefs: A History (Feb '10) Dec '10 adam 2
Movie review: 'Cop Out' (Feb '10) Mar '10 TalkingBob 2
Kevin Smith's 'Cop Out': Too Flabby to Fly (Feb '10) Mar '10 TalkingBob 4
Kevin Smith vs. Southwest: Shrewd Media Manipul... (Feb '10) Feb '10 john 1
Garner gives birth to 2nd daughter (Jan '09) Jan '09 Steen 1

Dogma People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE